a non mouse

@mohawkc.on.ca
reply to B

Re: A Joke, Karl?

Welcome to AOL

matrix3D

join:2006-09-27
Middletown, CT

I believe I've found a gaping hole in this guys' argument. If these hashes cannot be traced back to the originating IP address... how is it that they can deliver targeted advertisements back to the end user??

informer

@verizon.net

Yup. I got the same lies from FasTrak - they claimed they couldn't track me, and yet they were able to send me a bill saying when I went through which toll booth. Lies, both!

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Clearwire Wireless

1 edit
reply to matrix3D

said by matrix3D:

I believe I've found a gaping hole in this guys' argument. If these hashes cannot be traced back to the originating IP address... how is it that they can deliver targeted advertisements back to the end user??
Because your specific "hash" will identify you. Not who you are by name, address, or IP, which is really irrelevant to the purpose at hand. You will be identified by a hash number; your browsing history will be attached to that number, and when that number visits a website "targeted ads" will be sent to you. They don't care who you are, they are interested in what you are likely to buy. Ads will be targeted to your unique hash ID.

Bob
--
Motor Vessel - Tamara B.
43' Long-Range Trawler
Cape Elizebeth ME.
See her Here.