uniqs
share rss forum feed

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to wentlanc

Re: Ads?

said by wentlanc:

Bingo. I will NEVER click them, so I will block them. The net effect to websites who rely on advertising $$ == 0.

cw
Net effect is that you are still freeloading and using bandwith. Bandwith isn't free Einstien. It's people that use adblock is why we stupid crap like this coming along. on day most of the internet will belike cable and you'll have to subscribe to every site you want to visit. Thanks Adblockers.

jgkolt
Premium
join:2004-02-21
Avon, OH

bf i think you are missing the point. We don't want isp's injecting ads where the content creators didn't design them to be. Granite we dont want them at all but this new technique for adding ads to a page is sneaky and almost adaware ish.
--
3 free for you/3 free for me: Free Stock Trades : PM Me

wentlanc
You Can't Fix Dumb..

join:2003-07-30
Maineville, OH

1 recommendation

reply to 88615298

If I never visit your site, and never click on your ad, then perhaps you can explain how I'm freeloading?

You're right, bandwidth is not free. I'm paying for mine. Why do you expect me to pay for yours? If you can't turn a profit, then go out of business. I'm not obligated to support you.

cw

Doctor Four
My other vehicle is a TARDIS
Premium
join:2000-09-05
Dallas, TX

said by wentlanc:

You're right, bandwidth is not free. I'm paying for mine. Why do you expect me to pay for yours? If you can't turn a profit, then go out of business. I'm not obligated to support you.

cw
Funny this is the same logic (or lack thereof) used by
spammers to justify flooding our email with their crap.
--
"The trouble with computers, of course, is that they are very sophisticated idiots." - Doctor Who (from Robot)

wentlanc
You Can't Fix Dumb..

join:2003-07-30
Maineville, OH

1 recommendation

Not at all. I'm not trying to profit from anyone, and I'm only using bandwidth of websites that are making themselves available. Good try though.

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Clearwire Wireless
reply to 88615298

said by 88615298:

... Net effect is that you are still freeloading and using bandwith. Bandwith isn't free Einstien. ...
Freeloading? What utter stupid nonsense! I pay dearly for my bandwidth! You get it free? Your bandwidth is paid for by advertising? What ISP do you use? I would love to know. I would gladly see adverts if I got a rebate on my bandwidth charges...

Einstein? More like dumbfkof!

Get real!

Bob
--
Motor Vessel - Tamara B.
43' Long-Range Trawler
Cape Elizebeth ME.
See her Here.

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Clearwire Wireless
reply to Doctor Four

said by Doctor Four:

Funny this is the same logic (or lack thereof) used by spammers to justify flooding our email with their crap.
Wrong! It's the exact opposite! Spammers are stealing and riding the bandwidth which WE pay for to flood us with their adverts and wares. I pay my ISP for bandwidth, and spammers are using my paid resources to force ads on me.

This is exactly what this system is attempting to do. They are not any different than the spammers. You got it exactly backwards.

Bob
--
Motor Vessel - Tamara B.
43' Long-Range Trawler
Cape Elizebeth ME.
See her Here.