Premium,MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA
kudos:18

1 recommendation

reply to wentlanc

Re: OptOut creates cookies with faireagle name

said by wentlanc:

Geez. How come I'm the only one who has been called a freeloader, and every content provider in the world will be out of business because of "people like me"!!

Go dadkins, go!!
Don't trip wentlanc!
When I am surfing, *I* decide what I allow on my screen - no one else!
*I* pay for my connection, I decide what comes across it!
Bandwidth aint free(as people say - both sides of this), I agree!
I'm paying for mine, I have SOME say in what gets done with my bandwidth, don't I?

If *I* feel some site is getting stupid with the amount of ad-per-page ratio... I'll remove a few.
They get ignorant, I'll nuke every freakin ad they throw at me!
They die, tough shitsky!
I go to the next site that is not being so damned pushy!

This NebuAd horseshit? Byte Me!
What are they going to do if I go text only?
--
Think outside the Fox... Opera

wentlanc
You Can't Fix Dumb..

join:2003-07-30
Maineville, OH

1 recommendation

I wish I could give you more than one thumbs up. In another post on the google 404 issue but almost the same conversation, I got an eyeful.... Just wondering why nobody felt the need to do the same to you. It must be the scary avatar!

said by 88615298:

said by wentlanc:

This is the choice of the user. The web developer can be as pissed as they want to, but what I choose to put on my machine to customize MY internet is my choice.

Just like ad blockers. Developers are pissed about them too because less people may click on their ads to help pay for the site. I've never clicked one, and I don't intend to, so I removed them completely to save the bandwidth, and my eyeballs. I'm allowed to customize my experience on the internet, right?
So everything for FREE right? Everyone is suppoed to work hard and spend money so you can enjoy life for FREE? moe adblocker will mean MORE ads less content. And eventually nothing but subscription based content. Personally I'd rather put up with ads than have to pay subscription to every site I use.

NOTHING is on the internet now for you pure entertainment. Whether you like it or not there is a profit motive involved. If they can't make money by having ads because you block them they WILL get you to pay somehow or you'll do without. The sooner you learn this the better off you'll be.
Run! The content is falling!!