Perrin
Go Blue
Premium Member
join:2003-01-04
Godley, TX

Perrin

Premium Member

Re: Real time Mafia game....very addicting

OK, here's a guide made by one of the players, it covers pretty much everything.....
1) Getting Money and Points

Every day (starts at midnight, server time), you should go to the link that says "Vote for Rewards" and click on each of the sites. This will get you 22 points, along with some cash.

Then click on your City name (San Jose or Phoenix) and click on "Search Downtown". You have 100 searches, and you will find $ and sometimes items.

You should go and play the Lucky Dip every day for $1000 and play all of your Slot Machine turns for the maximum amount that you have. These two games pay out well and increase your money. Do not play the 50/50 or Higher/Lower games because you will generally lose money at these games.

2) Keep your $ in the Bank

VERY IMPORTANT: As soon as you have enough to open up a bank account, you should do so as quickly as possible. When you keep large sums of money on you, you become a target for other players to mug you or attack you. Each time they mug or attack you, they can get a percentage of that cash. If you leave it in your bank account, then they can't get to it and will leave you alone.

If at some point, you want to make a big purchase or know that you will be obtaining a large sum of money, it is wise to attack someone who is obviously higher level than you and commit suicide first. This will put you in the hospital, where other players can't mug or attack you. Then you can go ahead with your transaction, taking out that large withdrawal or making that large sale. Make sure to finish what you needed to do before the 20 minutes are up and deposit all of the money back in the bank before you come out of the hospital.

NEVER EVER leave a large sum of money out when you go offline. You can be sure that by the time you get back, it will all be gone. This also goes for any items you are trying to sell on the market. If someone buys it while you are offline, you can expect to be mugged out of all of your profits (sometimes by the person who bought the item, knowing you were offline).

3) Don't kill the "moneyman"

An unwritten rule in this game is that you should not attack and kill a person who has a large sum of money out. This will put them in the hospital so other people can't mug them for 20 minutes. If someone has a large sum of money out, other players want to be able to mug them repeatedly until they take all of their cash. This sucks for lower level players, because it takes at least 10 nerve to be able to mug someone so they miss out on these opportunties. However, if you do attack the moneyman, higher level players will usually put you in the hospital for it.

4) What do I do with my points?

Points can be used for a number of things: 1) to refill energy, nerve, awakeness; 2) sold on the market for $ (never sell back to point shop for $500 - you can usually get over 6K for it on the points market); 3) spent on bunnies.

For a newer player, it may not be worth it to spend points on refilling your energy, etc., because you don't have very much to refill. Getting $150,000 for your 25 points is probably much more valuable than filling up a couple of times.

5) What are these things called "bunnies" and why should I pay them?

Bunnies are players who have purposely obtained high levels of experience but still have relatively low attributes (strength, defence, speed). This means that someone who is lower level can attack and kill a bunny who is much higher level, gaining a LOT of experience in the process. This allows you to level up quickly. However, this does not mean all noobs can kill all bunnies. You have to go to their page and look at their stats, which they usually list. Since they are higher level, they have much more hitpoints. So you should have a significant advantage over them in terms of strength and defence in order to be sure you can kill them.

Also on their page, they list how much they charge - usually it is one hit for a certain number of points. Sometimes, it is different depending on whether they are online or offline. There is a general unwritten rule that if you use the services of a bunny, then you should pay for it. If you do not pay, they may have higher level players attack you and keep you in the hospital until you pay.

6) Crimes

You should start of by attempting the easier crimes at first. Your level of awakeness will be a factor in whether you succeed or not. As you level up, start trying more difficult crimes. If you find that you are consistently failing to commit crimes at a certain level, this means you are trying crimes that are too difficult for your level. Move your way up gradually.

7) Attack other players

Generally, people don't like when you attack and kill them while they are still online. It forces them to wait 20 minutes. If you are going to attack them, be prepared to accept any payback they may take by getting a higher level player to punish you. However, it may be necessary to attack some players online if you feel they have wronged you.

Only attack players that you are confident that you can beat. This means not only looking at their level but also the number of days they have been playing. Generally, I find the number of days is usually a better indication of their strength than their level. As well, if you really want to be sure, you can pay money to Spy on them. This option may or may not provide you with the info you want.

General advice

Unless you want to become a bunny, you should not look to level up too fast without also training and leveling up your statistics. If you become a high level but don't have the corresponding strength and defence, people will start to pick on you because you become easy experience points for them.

You may want to join a gang because the gang can provide you with protection, lend you equipment, free bunny hits, $.

BUY AS BIG A HOME AS YOU CAN AS EARLY AS YOU CAN!

If you are wondering why players your level who have played only as long as you are kicking your ass, it's probably cuz you're a homeless bum. Getting a home increases your awake level so that it multiplies the amount that you get from working out at the gym.

For example, even buying a small caravan at 75k will get you 500 awake as opposed to 100. So if you work out 10 times, instead of increasing your strength 10, you increase it by 50.

Good luck, have fun and don't get too addicted. It may ruin your real, non-criminal life!

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
join:2005-12-17
New York, NY

sansri88 to Perrin

Premium Member

to Perrin
Dude idk what happened!! I sold my leather vest, and then opened a bank account, I only could put $4k in the bank, and after it said I have 0 money left and just the $4k in the bank?!?

Perrin
Go Blue
Premium Member
Godley, TX

Perrin

Premium Member

It costs 25k to open the account.... if you had say 29000, then you would deposit 4000 in bank.

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
New York, NY

sansri88

Premium Member

Oh. Alright that explains that.
sansri88

sansri88 to Perrin

Premium Member

to Perrin
Now that I have a bank account, the money that I get should I put that straight into the account? Or should I keep some money on hand?

iceangel
Premium Member
join:2007-12-08
Beverly Hills, CA

iceangel

Premium Member

said by sansri88:

Now that I have a bank account, the money that I get should I put that straight into the account? Or should I keep some money on hand?
keep it on hand, also let me know when you're offline

Perrin
Go Blue
Premium Member
Godley, TX

Perrin to sansri88

Premium Member

to sansri88
depends on what you are doing...I usually keep about 2000 out in case I need to drive to another city for a big mugging. Btw, Get a car as fast as you can. It makes traveling between cities A LOT cheaper.
Perrin

Perrin to iceangel

Premium Member

to iceangel
lmao@ice

iceangel
Premium Member
Beverly Hills, CA

iceangel to Perrin

Premium Member

to Perrin
said by Perrin:

depends on what you are doing...I usually keep about 2000 out in case I need to drive to another city for a big mugging. Btw, Get a car as fast as you can. It makes traveling between cities A LOT cheaper.
What about getting a pet? Does having a pet do anything good for you?

And why should I travel to other cities instead of stay in phoenix? Phoenix has a nice big population

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
New York, NY

sansri88 to Perrin

Premium Member

to Perrin
Should I get a cardboard box first?

iceangel
Premium Member
Beverly Hills, CA

iceangel

Premium Member

said by sansri88:

Should I get a cardboard box first?
bigger the house you have, the more you can train your skills.

like say you work out 10 times at the gym and have no house, you might increase your strength for 10 points. but if you have a large house at work out at the gym 10 times, it might increase your strength by 100 points.

having a house makes your gym training more efficient

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
New York, NY

sansri88

Premium Member

Alright I almost have enough for a cardboard box, I think I should buy that for now.

Dezbend
MVM
join:2001-04-20

Dezbend

MVM

joined...

Perrin
Go Blue
Premium Member
Godley, TX

Perrin to iceangel

Premium Member

to iceangel
DON'T GET A PET.....at this point, they are not worth having. They do not help your stats and cannot aid in attacks. there was talk of having them be more helpful, but nothing has come of it yet.

boudro
The Cowboys are America's Team
Premium Member
join:2000-09-05
Texas

boudro to Perrin

Premium Member

to Perrin
Our gang can only have 5 members right now. I guess we need to get more experience before we can have more?

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend

MVM

there are only 4 in it now (if I am reading this right...) room for me?

boudro
Premium Member
Texas

boudro

Premium Member

mdreferee applied, but it doesn't show that you applied. I can't accept anyone. I believe only the leader/co-leader can and that is muz and manfmmd. I read where it costs $50,000 to add another member slot. That is why we all need to chip in money to the gang.

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
New York, NY

sansri88 to Dezbend

Premium Member

to Dezbend
I guess, I'm not joining until i get more money.

boudro
Premium Member
Texas

boudro

Premium Member

Not you sansri, the BBR gang has money and the gang needs to pay $50,000 to add another member slot.

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
New York, NY

sansri88

Premium Member

Don't worry, when I get my weekly income of 30k from my current gang I will donate some to you guys, so eventually you guys will have a large sum of money. And I will too.

yock
TFTC
Premium Member
join:2000-11-21
Miamisburg, OH

1 edit

yock to boudro

Premium Member

to boudro
I have $160k in the bank now. I can bankroll a few new members if you accept my application.

Dezbend
MVM

Dezbend to Perrin

MVM

to Perrin
why do I keep failing when I try to commit a crime... what can I do to make myself more successful?

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
New York, NY

sansri88 to boudro

Premium Member

to boudro
Just remembered, maybe BBR and my gang can be allies. I'll talk with the superiors and see what they say.

boudro
Premium Member
Texas

boudro to Perrin

Premium Member

to Perrin
If you guys haven't, vote for mafiadeath on all of the links, search downtown and sell items, get a job, and do the lucky dip. Those will get you money everyday.

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
New York, NY

sansri88

Premium Member

How the hell do you vote? I can't figure out how once I go to those sites.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to Perrin

Premium Member

to Perrin
[OT] Is this game very time consuming? [/OT]

Sarah

join:2001-01-09
New York, NY

Sarah to Dezbend

to Dezbend
said by Dezbend:

why do I keep failing when I try to commit a crime... what can I do to make myself more successful?
Your role is: Incompetent Mafia Goon! You may communicate with your fellow mafia at....

yock
TFTC
Premium Member
Miamisburg, OH

yock to sansri88

Premium Member

to sansri88
Those are referral urls. Clicking the link and, sometimes, clicking through the acknowledgment page is enough to vote.

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
New York, NY

sansri88

Premium Member

Really? I've done that and I haven't gotten anything out of it yet...

yock
TFTC
Premium Member
Miamisburg, OH

yock

Premium Member

It worked for me. The links will cross out once the task is complete and you'll see the money up top.