hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Cincinnati, OH

hitachi369

Premium Member

Evictions

If one needed to evict a family member from there home was legal paperwork would be needed. and is it possible to avoid a lawyer.

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
USA

Lone Wolf

Premium Member

said by hitachi369:

If one needed to evict a family member from there home was legal paperwork would be needed. and is it possible to avoid a lawyer.
Google has a lot of info and offers up a lot of forms. »www.google.com/search?q= ··· aq=t&rls

I liked this one, »www.rentlaw.com/eviction ··· tion.htm

chucky5150
Divers do it Deeper
join:2001-11-03
New Iberia, LA

chucky5150 to hitachi369

to hitachi369
My mom had to evict family member before. No lawyer was needed. Just fill out the right paper work. Send the right mail and wait the amount of time.

cocothebean8
You Are My Nightmare
Premium Member
join:2002-11-16
Carson City, NV

cocothebean8 to hitachi369

Premium Member

to hitachi369
If the family refuses to leave you'll have to go to court and then you'll need a lawyer.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

4 edits

Hayward0 to hitachi369

Premium Member

to hitachi369
It varies greatly state to state, and seasonal circumstances so check yours.

(For istance in Vermont no one can be eviceted in the winter... at least sone on the ground... and lots of deadbeat renters, landlord doesn't screen well take advantange of that)

craig70130
Premium Member
join:2004-04-27
New Orleans, LA

craig70130 to hitachi369

Premium Member

to hitachi369
Does the person pay rent? Do they have a lease?

If not and are just staying there, no need for a lawyer. If you don't want them, they are trespassing and you call the police. If they do pay rent and/or have a lease then you need to go through the standard eviction procedures for your state/county. Usually no lawyer needed.

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
USA

Lone Wolf

Premium Member

said by craig70130:

If you don't want them, they are trespassing and you call the police. If they do pay rent and/or have a lease then you need to go through the standard eviction procedures for your state/county. Usually no lawyer needed.
That's not true everywhere. In Pennsylvania and other states there are "squatter's rights", also known as "adverse possession". Google it and learn.

davidg
Good Bye My Friend
MVM
join:2002-06-15

davidg to craig70130

MVM

to craig70130
said by craig70130:

Does the person pay rent? Do they have a lease?

If not and are just staying there, no need for a lawyer. If you don't want them, they are trespassing and you call the police. If they do pay rent and/or have a lease then you need to go through the standard eviction procedures for your state/county. Usually no lawyer needed.
in many areas all they have to do is establish residency and you cannot kick them out, regardless of whose name is on the lease. some places that can be as little as 1 night living there, others it can mean a few weeks. i have seen it on Cops many times where a homeowner tried to kick someone out and they could not. once a woman allowed a friend to stay overnight because he had no where else to live. he brought ALL his stuff over, then refused to leave. the cops could do nothing because the way the law was she had allowed him to establish residency by moving in his possessions, even though it was only supposed to be for overnight.

call your local PD and ask them the laws in your area.