All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bigscreen
join:2008-02-15
Lebanon, PA

bigscreen

comcast Digital starter channel line up?

Hi New here, I currently have Dish Net, and am going to be switchin to Comcast, I'm from the Lebanon pa area, I see other people from here as well, anyway, when I look up packages in my area on the Comcast site, under digital starter, it does not show the line up for that, so those of you that have it, what Channels are on it? I will be getting a HDDVR and another HD box for my projector too, any help is appreciated!
bigscreen

bigscreen

hello?
ak3883
join:2005-08-20
Marlton, NJ

ak3883 to bigscreen

to bigscreen
Digital starter will only get you 2-99, and 231-240ish(local HD channels). It will NOT get you the HD channels in the 200's(ESPNHD,HD Theater, TNTHD, etc) or the SD channels in the 100's(ESPNEWS,Fox Buisness, Bloomburg, all the other discovery channels, kids channels, nicktoons network, etc etc).

There might be a few channels scattered about that they had to move to digital to make room. Some of these might be GSN, travel channel, EWTV, and perhaps a few others. These used to be on plain cable, but they had to move them to digital only to make room for more HD, but as a result they are offered with the lowest level of digital cable, which they often give out for the same cost for a year so people don't complain as much.
bigscreen
Lebanon, PA

bigscreen

So what package do I need to get those other channels? Cuz when I called them they said digital starter would
reelbigfish
join:2002-06-06
Boston, MA

reelbigfish

I know here in Boston with Digital Starter I get all HDs except the premiums, ESPN HD, Universal HD, HD Theater, and TNT HD. To get those four channels I would need to pay $10.95 more per month for Digital Classic. The only one I would watch is TNT HD, so I save my $10/month.
bigscreen
Lebanon, PA

bigscreen

alright keep em commin, thats what I'm lookin for, I want HD that includes HDtheatre, espn, tnt, ect and those, but the Comcast packages are the most confusing I've ever seen
ak3883
join:2005-08-20
Marlton, NJ

ak3883 to bigscreen

to bigscreen
I guess it differs by area. A poster said that areas in North NJ next month will move all the HD channels except for NGEO down to standard cable, making them availible with digital starter.

Here in Philly you still need digital classic(on top of digital starter) in order to get all the non-premium HD channels.

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
join:2005-12-17
New York, NY

sansri88

Premium Member

Yep that's true, for us by the end of this month I believe.
reelbigfish
join:2002-06-06
Boston, MA

reelbigfish to ak3883

to ak3883
I hope Comcast Boston decides to put TNT HD on the Digital Starter Tier. That would make my day.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi to bigscreen

Premium Member

to bigscreen
In Atlanta, the Digital Starter package only gets you the same channels that the basic analog does, except in digital. It is a very very limited package. You have to upgrade to the Digital Basic package to get a few more things that are digital-only. Digital Starter would only get you the local HD channels.

harrythehat
@aol.com

harrythehat to bigscreen

Anon

to bigscreen
I don't know why you're switching from a dish to cable, but I keep my cable in the Scranton PA area, only because the phillies aren't on any dish. A dish would be much cheaper than digital cable.
bigscreen
Lebanon, PA

bigscreen

Dish is not much cheaper, about 4 dollars which is worth it, cuz here in Harrisbug pa local market Dish can't carry them in HD, so all sports on local channels are in sd, with no plans to carry them anytime soon, i'm switchin