Hooper
Premium Member
join:2001-10-22
Castle Rock, CO

Hooper to Yubin

Premium Member

to Yubin

Re: Make your actiontec a bridge with VOD working with REV D

What happens if you reboot the router? Does the Actiontec Ethernet connection become disabled still?
yubin7
join:2008-02-17
Desoto, TX

yubin7

are you referring to rebooting the actiontec? or your personal router? If you mean the actiontec, then yes, mine disables the BB eth everytime, but it still pulls an IP for some reason. If that happens to you, jsut enable the BB Eth again and then reboot your personal router. It all picks back up.

BKJ
@verizon.net

BKJ

Anon

ok i sent you a pm on yahoo.
BKJ

BKJ to yubin7

Anon

to yubin7
ugg.. did you get the pm yubin?
Hooper
Premium Member
join:2001-10-22
Castle Rock, CO

Hooper to yubin7

Premium Member

to yubin7
said by yubin7:

are you referring to rebooting the actiontec? or your personal router? If you mean the actiontec, then yes, mine disables the BB eth everytime, but it still pulls an IP for some reason. If that happens to you, jsut enable the BB Eth again and then reboot your personal router. It all picks back up.

That's the rub... I am not always at home when the power goes out. I have been running a config like this one for over a year and sometimes the Actiontec just craps out on its own and reboots itself as well. It is so sad that we have to go through all this nonsense to use our own equipment.

BKJ
@verizon.net

BKJ

Anon

hooper, my exact sentiments... i am so close to going back to my cable modem! arggggg....