Chillin
No i7, no care.
Premium Member
join:2002-04-22
Johnson City, TN

Chillin

Premium Member

Cable Box Shows Wrong Time?

Since 2-3 days ago my cable box has decided to show the wrong time, in fact its +5hours ahead, minutes are correct. Right now its 8:27pm here and its showing 1:28am. Shows up in the guide to, but the programing is correct for its regular time slot.

What gives? I have unplugged it for both short and long times and it had no effect.

?!?!?
NoPegs
Premium Member
join:2006-06-14
Myerstown, PA

NoPegs

Premium Member

Sounds like the headend changed to GMT... Yank the plug, count to 30, and see if its still off by 5 hours... You're in philly metro, I poked their threat board, and don't see any known issues...

Chillin
No i7, no care.
Premium Member
Johnson City, TN

Chillin

Premium Member

said by NoPegs:

Sounds like the headend changed to GMT... Yank the plug, count to 30, and see if its still off by 5 hours... You're in philly metro, I poked their threat board, and don't see any known issues...
We did it for 30 and even longer and no dice on a few occasions.
NoPegs
Premium Member
join:2006-06-14
Myerstown, PA

NoPegs

Premium Member

Have the box changed out... It's gotta be an isolated incident...
AquaSport
California - Sun, Surf, Traffic Jams
join:2007-05-03
California

AquaSport to Chillin

to Chillin
no no no....

before going through all the hassle to have a technician come to your house, and wait for them to get there, see if the problem goes away, etc....

call 1800-Comcast or 1800-945-2288 and tell them of your problem. They might be able to fix it right there.

Or, even better,

»www.comcast.com/Corporat ··· &pos=Nav

and click the "Chat Now" link.

usually it only takes a minute to get connected to a knowledgeable representative, and they might be able to hep you right there.

Chillin
No i7, no care.
Premium Member
Johnson City, TN

Chillin

Premium Member

Ended up doing the "chat now", thanks for the link. It is now fixed but WOW the people they hire to do these jobs are not so bright. Must have asked for my name 10 times.

Thanks though!

Quaoar
join:2004-08-11
Fort Collins, CO

Quaoar

Well, the chat person has maybe 10-20 active chats, some going off, some coming on, frankly I don't know how they handle the constantly changing group. Must be like teaching preschool with four-year-olds - not that I'm equating users with preschoolers - just the environment.

Q
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to Chillin

Premium Member

to Chillin
I hate when that happens... those 'not-so-bright' people... kind of the same way that someone goes around the source to ask for help to fix a problem that only the source can fix in the first place.

Chillin
No i7, no care.
Premium Member
Johnson City, TN

Chillin

Premium Member

said by fiberguy2:

I hate when that happens... those 'not-so-bright' people... kind of the same way that someone goes around the source to ask for help to fix a problem that only the source can fix in the first place.
Thanks for the late and great info troll.

Frankly I asked here in hopes that I missed something in the setup menu that could fix it. I dont spend my days and nights memorizing what my setup menus do...

Given that calling customer service for most any company and specifically Comcast is always a pain in the ass, I wanted to rule out any other fix. The bad experience in calling/chating with them was once again illustrated when I chated with them this time.

I know
@verizon.net

I know

Anon

said by Chillin:

said by fiberguy2:

Thanks for the late and great info troll.

I lol'd. I really can't wait to see his next idiotic comment(s)
Expand your moderator at work