join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·Embarq Now Centu..
·Comcast
·CenturyLink

Make copyright control pay for the mistakes they make.

If I want a security guard in the front of my home I must pay for the service. The copyright control agencies should be required to pay the ISP's for any surveillance actions regarding piracy. If a copyright control agency files a complaint against a Broadband Customer and is later proved wrong the copyright control agency should pay the customer substantial compensation for the customers trouble. In the US, at the present time, it appears that when accused of piracy, you are assumed guilty until you can prove your innocence. It looks that this is the direction that the situation will take in Great Britten unless the copyright control agencies are held accountable for their mistakes.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by Mr Matt:

The copyright control agencies should be required to pay the ISP's for any surveillance actions regarding piracy. If a copyright control agency files a complaint against a Broadband Customer and is later proved wrong the copyright control agency should pay the customer substantial compensation for the customers trouble.
Immunity from lawsuits would be included in any legislation authorizing ISP enforcement of copyright laws.
--
My BLOG .. .. Internet News .. .. My Web Page

elios

join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO

please tell me how this will stop any thing
all you would have to do is buy server space some were else and set up a encrypted FTP with SSL and just give the info out over SSLed IRC DCC sure it may stop joe six pack but it wont realy stop any thing else

what are you going to ban all encryption and SSL connections too? good luck

thevorpal1

join:2007-11-16
Alexandria, VA
reply to FFH

So what protections would you suggest be implemented to protect people?

nasadude

join:2001-10-05
Rockville, MD

said by thevorpal1:

we're talking big business vs the people here, I don't believe TK is concerned with the people part of that equation.

Please chime in here, TK, if I have mis-characterized your position.

factchecker

@cox.net
reply to thevorpal1

said by thevorpal1:

Based on his posts - none. People don't deserve protection, only business does...

At least that is how it appears based on the posts I've seen...