how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kenshi

join:2005-03-04
Beckville, TX

Gaining access to Speedstream 4100

I have a Speedstream 4100 from SBC. I must say I despise this modem. Anyway, I want to put it in bridge mode but the admin user doesn't have access. I remember doing this before on another modem and I used a certain url to get special access to change user permissions. There was a seperate url for http, ftp, and telnet. I'm pretty sure I found it on this site a couple of years ago, but I can't find it anywhere now. Does anyone know what it is?

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18

kenshi

Beckville, TX
That's not the default address, there is no yellow sticker with the address or access code, and there's not an advanced link. I know for certain I used a url to reconfigure access before. By the way, I was slightly mistaken. It's a 4200, not a 4100. I believe they have the same interface though.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
said by kenshi:

That's not the default address, there is no yellow sticker with the address or access code, and there's not an advanced link. I know for certain I used a url to reconfigure access before. By the way, I was slightly mistaken. It's a 4200, not a 4100. I believe they have the same interface though.
Yes, it is the Default IP Address for a SBC 4100. You do not have a 4100 from SBC as you originally posted. People can only respond based on the info you provide and if you provide bad info, there nothing we can do since the hardware is not in front of us. Now the 4200 is not a SBC unit and it could have come from dozens of different ISPs that all use different Firmwares. The Default IP Address for a 4200 is »192.168.254.254 and it does not use an Access Code.

Regards,

Doctor Olds
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

kenshi

Beckville, TX
reply to kenshi
You know what? I was completely mistaken. My previous ISP was SBC. Now I have Valor. I knew my modem was either a 4100 or 4200 and only saw information about the 4100 under SBC, so I assumed that's what it was.

Anyway, I found another thread on here that says the username for their modems is valor and the password is v4l0r!. I have access now. For the record though, I know I used url's before with this modem and ISP. Thanks.