fancydancer
Perception is just your reality
Premium Member
join:2002-08-28
Springfield, IL

fancydancer

Premium Member

50 on the d/l

How often do you think you could utilize that much download? The target end would have to have that much bandwidth for regular joe cable user to take advantage of it...

RadioDoc

join:2000-05-11
La Grange, IL

RadioDoc

Re: 50 on the d/l

It is very useful for marketing hype and product positioning via press releases.
Rick5
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06

Rick5

Premium Member

Out of curiosity Doc..what do you think will be the impact on AT&T's dsl subscriber base when Comcast rolls out their 50,000k Docsis 3.0?

My guess is..they lose 90% of their customers.

What's your guess?
Expand your moderator at work

RadioDoc

join:2000-05-11
La Grange, IL

RadioDoc to Rick5

to Rick5

Having fun?

By the time Comcast deploys 50/50 to enough of its footprint to matter, the rest of us will be on FTTH laughing while Comcast desperately tries to "manage" its slipshod network.
jjeffeory
jjeffeory
join:2002-12-04
Bloomington, IN

jjeffeory to fancydancer

to fancydancer
If you are watching HD streams while some else is surfing, while maybe your kids are playing an Xbox game and getting another demo, while your wife/husband is on the phone.... Oh, I think it's possible to use that much bandwidth.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina to fancydancer

to fancydancer
I understand your point but if you were downloading from an Akmai cached site, I think they could keep the pipe stuffed.

jhacker
join:2001-12-11
Peoria, IL

jhacker to fancydancer

to fancydancer
said by fancydancer:

How often do you think you could utilize that much download? The target end would have to have that much bandwidth for regular joe cable user to take advantage of it...
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Why exactly do home users need this speed? Maybe for some future apps? Maybe they'll start piping TV over this bandwidth? No thanks. I can see where a package with this speed would be good for business users. I wish I could just get the 10 meg I'm supposed to be getting with Comcast. I'm not willing to pay any more for HSI just to get more bandwidth.