kalphearion
In nomine Patri
Premium Member
join:2003-11-08
Broomfield, CO

kalphearion

Premium Member

Whaaaaa

Go dig in your couch for it, I bet you come out with more than two dollars.

All Comcast is doing is charging a convenience fee. Most all companies do it, and if you owned a company where you had to spend more money on wasted man hours because people refused to mail a check or pay online, you would charge fees also.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

How does that have anything to do with asking to not have random crap sent with your bill?

Dezbend
MVM
join:2001-04-20

Dezbend to kalphearion

MVM

to kalphearion
Maybe it is a waste of company resources - but it is a cost of doing business (companies doing direct marketing are required to have an opt-out method). The cost should be absorbed in the revenue generated by the direct marketing, not as a deterrent to opting out.

kalphearion
In nomine Patri
Premium Member
Broomfield, CO

kalphearion to ptrowski

Premium Member

to ptrowski
My post was leaning more towards the side of fee's Comcast charges in general. As far as being charged 1.99 to not have Comcast "junk" mail sent to you, I can guess it is the fact that they have to process it through their system.

Either way, why bitch and moan about two dollars?

They ONLY problem I see here is that Comcast didn't say anything about it, and that is not right. They should be explaining these fees at the time of the call.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

Simple. I expect to get a bill, not a bill and tons of other crap that get's stuffed into the envelope. I should also not be charged ANY amount to not have all the other junk that is in there, no matter if it is $.02 or $2.00.

Why should I have to pay to not receive junk mail?

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to kalphearion

Premium Member

to kalphearion
A "convenience" I surely wouldn't want, especially to pay for it!!

kalphearion
In nomine Patri
Premium Member
Broomfield, CO

kalphearion to ptrowski

Premium Member

to ptrowski
Removing flyer's from the bill envelope is not standard, so you have to pay to get that. Seems fair to me.

I have a very simple fix for all of this. Go paperless. Doesn't cost you a dime and you don't have to worry about junk flyer's with your bill.

bbrkdub
join:2001-10-03
San Antonio, TX

1 edit

bbrkdub to kalphearion

to kalphearion
said by kalphearion:

My post was leaning more towards the side of fee's Comcast charges in general. As far as being charged 1.99 to not have Comcast "junk" mail sent to you, I can guess it is the fact that they have to process it through their system.
This sets up a very bad situation for customers. So we now have to pay to *stop* receiving unsolicited mail, the mail they're allowed to send for free *and* write off for taxes. That doesn't seem fair at all.

If that does seem fair to you, then why not allow spammers to do the same?
said by kalphearion:

I don't think they're complaining about the cost (but there is the phrase "nickel and dime you to death"), but it's the principle. That being said, I know I would "bitch" about it if I see it on my Comcast bill.
said by kalphearion:

They ONLY problem I see here is that Comcast didn't say anything about it, and that is not right. They should be explaining these fees at the time of the call.
That's not the only problem I see with this, but I agree, and they can at least do that.

quetwo
That VoIP Guy
Premium Member
join:2004-09-04
East Lansing, MI

quetwo to ptrowski

Premium Member

to ptrowski
This is not about the adverts stuffed in your bill. This is about the 2x weekly Comcast mailers advertising for phone or internet service. Postcards, mostly.

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs

N3OGH to ptrowski

Premium Member

to ptrowski
It's not even that.

It's asking them to stop sending junk mail, not stuffers in the regular bill.

I'm sick of getting junk mail from Comcast too, but soon enough I'll be dropping their overpriced service for DirecTV or Fios.

I'm even considering go without all together, or at least dropping back to basic cable until Fios TV comes through.

All I really watch is FNC, CNN, CNNH, TDC, and the Hitler channel anyway.

Oh, and the weather channel. Those weather babes are hot....

Titus
Mr Gradenko
join:2004-06-26

Titus to kalphearion

to kalphearion
said by kalphearion:

The obvious reply to that logic is "where does it stop?"
How many 'two dollar' charges does one endure before they bitch and moan?
Two bucks here, two bucks there; pretty soon we're talking money.

People are waking up to inflation and stagnant wages, and that's going to equate to luxuries (I love when the sword cuts both ways!) being cut. And that's when Comcast has their turn at "why bitch and moan about $$.$$" x the number of subs dropping services and service. PR problems will be the last of their worries.

I say to people who tell others to stop "bitching and moaning" to please purchase as much stock in these companies as you can afford. Use your savings if need be.
--

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to quetwo

Premium Member

to quetwo
said by quetwo:

This is not about the adverts stuffed in your bill. This is about the 2x weekly Comcast mailers advertising for phone or internet service. Postcards, mostly.
Thanks for the information. Either way, I don't think I should have to pay $2.00 for them to stop mailing me things other than my bill.

I get a service, I pay for the service. If the service wants to send alot of other ancillary stuff, thats great but I should be able to say "no thanks" without being charged a dime.

spewak
R.I.P Dadkins
Premium Member
join:2001-08-07
Elk Grove, CA
·Consolidated Com..

1 recommendation

spewak to Titus

Premium Member

to Titus
said by Titus:
said by kalphearion:

The obvious reply to that logic is "where does it stop?"
How many 'two dollar' charges does one endure before they bitch and moan?
Two bucks here, two bucks there; pretty soon we're talking money.

People are waking up to inflation and stagnant wages, and that's going to equate to luxuries (I love when the sword cuts both ways!) being cut. And that's when Comcast has their turn at "why bitch and moan about $$.$$" x the number of subs dropping services and service. PR problems will be the last of their worries.

I say to people who tell others to stop "bitching and moaning" to please purchase as much stock in these companies as you can afford. Use your savings if need be.
--
So true. The charges that show up on your bill are small, incremental, but when factored in with everything else going up and being "fee'ed" to distraction is just not palatable for alot of the consumers out there. There are always those posters who think it is no big deal. Just go paperless they say, what's two dollars they say. Wait until you see what is around the corner. Sooner or later those fees are going to creep into something that you will find to be not palatable at all and then we will see you back here bitching and moaning.

kalphearion
In nomine Patri
Premium Member
Broomfield, CO

kalphearion to quetwo

Premium Member

to quetwo
said by quetwo:

My bad, I thought it was the crap they stuff with your bill. Even though it is silly, charging a change of service fee is common place with all companies, Comcast is not the only one doing it.

Sabre
Di relung hatiku bernyanyi bidadari
join:2005-05-17

Sabre to kalphearion

to kalphearion
said by kalphearion:

I have a very simple fix for all of this. Go paperless.
Unfortunately, Comcast doesn't offer a paperless option. (Not in MD, anyway; it seemed to me from what I could see that it's not available anywhere, though I can't verify that.) Shame, really, that's the only bill I still have to get in the mail.

RadioDoc

join:2000-05-11
La Grange, IL

RadioDoc to N3OGH

to N3OGH
Once you cancel you will be absolutely inundated with Comcast junk mail begging you to come back...
33591094 (banned)
join:2002-11-19
Canada

33591094 (banned) to kalphearion

to kalphearion
Stupidest post of 2008 (so far!)

Unbelievable....
Expand your moderator at work

tooFarFromTheT
@signaturetoyota.com

tooFarFromTheT to RadioDoc

Anon

to RadioDoc

Re: Whaaaaa

I switched to Comcast Digital Voice 3 months ago and have been getting junk mail from T ever since, begging me to come back. The ironic part is that they are also trying to sell me DSL that isn't even available in my neighborhood.

RadioDoc

join:2000-05-11
La Grange, IL

RadioDoc to Sabre

to Sabre
They don't offer a recurring credit card payment option, either. Authorizing bank account direct withdrawl is out of the question considering their customer non-service.
TheTony5
join:2006-11-02
Minneapolis, MN

TheTony5 to kalphearion

to kalphearion
Bulk mailings are not part of Comcast "service" and thus should not be in any way subject to a "change of service fee". I don't like the change of service fee that seems to be common to many providers these days, but we're not talking at all about anything related to the service they subscribe to, in this case.
TheTony5

TheTony5 to kalphearion

to kalphearion
Bulk mailings are not part of Comcast "service" and thus should not be in any way subject to a "change of service fee". I don't like the change of service fee that seems to be common to many providers these days, but we're not talking at all about anything related to the service they subscribe to, in this case.

Technogeez
Agape in amazement.
Premium Member
join:2007-01-20

Technogeez to RadioDoc

Premium Member

to RadioDoc
Yeah, but then they can't charge you $2.00 when you call them telling them to take you off their mailing list.
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88 to RadioDoc

to RadioDoc
Get a wood boiler if the junk mail is so bad. Random site picked off google. »www.energyking.com/wood- ··· pecs.htm

simplybewtful
@comcast.net

simplybewtful to quetwo

Anon

to quetwo
thank you, by know everyone in the world should have them at least you would think with all the advertistments they send. And i know because i deliver them..

comcast tech
@sbcglobal.net

comcast tech to Sabre

Anon

to Sabre
Every comcast customer has the option of paperless billing providing you have internet with them. It's simple, but you have to actually spend a couple of minutes of your precious time to do it. Simply log into your comcast account, go to billing and select the option to go paperless. As to rest of the people moaning and complaining about the billing/cost of having cable, do some research. It costs a massive amount of money to operate a cable company, especially with all the services comcast provides. For example; A network switch/router that provides your internet and that ONE head-end uses (more than 1 in a more populated area) costs in the ballpark of $10,000.00. Yes Ten Thousand Dollars. Now multiply that by how many head-ends? Customer service problems are an issue with any company! I'm a comcast service tech, and I won't argue the fact that our customer service reps leave a lot of room for improvement. I've had to deal with them myself and you'll never get an argument from me about them! To sum things up, for every 1 person who hates comcast, there's 8 others who love comcast. Cable prices will continue to increase, along with phone, satellite, gas, electric, anything and everything associated with living. Cable gets the worst bad mouthing because it's a luxury to have, not critical to survive. Learn to live with it! Try and be patient with those of us who work in this industry. Most of us do care about our job and have higher work ethics unlike the few morons who some of you have had to deal with.