spc
Search similar:

uniqs
votum76
join:2002-01-29
Matawan, NJ

votum76

Who gives a rat's ass

Ok junk mail is alittle annoying, but I mean it takes 2 seconds to throw it out and you have the throw away the envelope anyway so in reality no personal time is being wasted, my issue is not with the charge but the whiny cry babies who fell the need to bitch and moan about stupid shit. If I owned a company I'd charge them too it is whiny people like this that cut into company profits by constantly calling support with some stupid issue every day and raise the price for the majority of normal users who don't complain unless their is a real problem, like service outages. Some people just need to get a life.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

Aren't you now whining about whiny people?

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Thorndale, ON

danawhitaker to votum76

Premium Member

to votum76
Did Comcast stop to think that maybe they waste more money sending out those junkmail postcards than it takes to not send them? They're a waste of paper, and they're a waste to the environment too.

Since we upgraded to Mediacom's VIP package from just having Family Cable, we've now gotten fliers in the mail about their digital cable, their phone service, AND their internet - and we already subscribe to all three with a one-year contract. Can you explain to me the point of that? It's not like they're possibly going to sell me the same exact service again for the same price.

Qwest blankets the newspapers two times a week or more with advertisements for their services here in the Des Moines area too. Same waste of paper.

Am I going to call up either company and complain? Probably not. But it seems stupid to me to continually innundate people already subscribing to their services with ads for those same services.

kadar

join:0000-00-00

kadar

Its not a waste if its a tax write off.

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Thorndale, ON

danawhitaker

Premium Member

It's still a waste to the environment to have that much paper garbage floating around. Some of us try to recycle it, but I doubt the majority do. I read in the paper this morning that only 3,000 households in the Des Moines area actively recycle, I can't imagine the statistics are much better in a lot of other areas.

Am I the only one who thinks it's ridiculous that they should get a tax writeoff for advertising their services?