how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jimschoe

@ameritech.net
reply to HVredeling

Re: MonaRonaDona "virus"?

I just Tried to delete the Srvspool and it says access denied. Anyone else have any new news??

MysteryFCM

join:2006-10-01
England
You really should post in the infection help forums

»Security Cleanup

But to get rid of this specific file;

1. Either log into Safe Mode and delete it there or
2. Download the following, right click the file you want to delete and select "Who Lock Me", then kill the process locking it (will then allow you to delete it)

»freeware.it-mate.co.uk/?Editors_···&pid=170

or ...

3. Use MoveOnBoot

»www.snapfiles.com/get/moveonboot.html

Or ....

4. See the following;

»www.aumha.org/a/stubborn.php
--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

NanDog
The Pup Was Female, I'M Not
Premium
join:2003-12-28
said by MysteryFCM:

You really should post in the infection help forums

»Security Cleanup
If your suggestion was to the OP it's a bit misguided.

bcastner is one of the accredited helpers on the Security Cleanup forum: »Security Cleanup FAQ

He knows what he's doing.
--
See ya across the Rainbow Bridge, my good and faithful friend!

MysteryFCM

join:2006-10-01
England
hehe nope, my reply was to jimschoe (I'm already familiar with BC )

bcastner
Premium,VIP,MVM
join:2002-09-25
Chevy Chase, MD
kudos:7
Steve and I are known to each other.
Here and elsewhere.

What I was hoping is that someone victimized by this would tell us if you get messages from "UniGray Antivirus". That is the part that bothers me at the moment.

(If you have this infection, I would be happy to remove it in the Cleanup subForum. It should go pretty easily.)
--
============
MS-MVP 2004 - -2008, ASAP Member
Users Helping Users

NanDog
The Pup Was Female, I'M Not
Premium
join:2003-12-28

1 edit
reply to MysteryFCM
MysteryFCM said: "hehe nope, my reply was to jimschoe (I'm already familiar with BC )"

Sorry! My bad!
Expand your moderator at work

Sassygal31023

@mchsi.com
reply to jimschoe

Re: MonaRonaDona "virus"?

okay ya'll I got this virus feb. 29th at 4:39am. I'm not a comp. newbie. I know comps. I couldn't find anything on this virus so I called the geek squad and they sent me here. I read everything and copied and pasted SRVSPOOL.EXE to search and found the file. I deleted it from search. Now let me tell ya'll everything I did prior to that.
I have 3 different profiles on this one comp. I went to another profile and deleted the profile but saved the major files to another profile. The virus wasn't on it. I then went back to the infected profile and tried to find out what in the heck happened and why virus protector didn't go off. Now finding out that it is a hijacking and made into a anti-virus scam. I must say this is very intelligent! I couldn't find the main file it had made so I just did a system restore. My comp. was running okay but still something wasn't right. I was still losing files and things weren't working. After I found the main file and deleted it and deleted the files that wasn't working correctly any longer and I am still going to delete the infect profile and make another. This is the simplest way I know if you are not very computer knowledge; most people can run search and right click a mouse and scroll down to delete.

Best wishes to anyone seeking help with this pain the butt virus.

Sincerely,
Sassy

wrongway

@consolidated.net
reply to jimschoe
TOO get rid of the MonaRondaDona virus,use key F8, go into Safe mode find the startup program an DELETE Srvspool.exe then restart your computer.It should be gone.....

theresa5790

@cgocable.net
reply to MysteryFCM
how do i get my task mangerto work

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD
kudos:11
reply to jimschoe
said by jimschoe :

I just Tried to delete the Srvspool and it says access denied. Anyone else have any new news??
If you were registered here I could have sent you this in a message and not have to "mess" the thread discussion a little
A freebie Unlocker should free something so you can delete.
--
Was a Cruise Fanatic, one cruise on Princess cured me. Bleah

Kim C

@as9105.com
reply to jimschoe
Try starting in safe mode(F8) you should then be able to delete it.
Don't know how to re-start the task manager though.
Best of luck.

windfire55

@telus.net
reply to Sassygal31023
Be really careful as unigray says that they have the answer
to this malware,but Its a ruse,First no aunthenticity cert.
Second The product does not completely remove MRD-virus until unigray sends you a patch (monadonarona.exe)to remove
the virus and again...no authenticity certificate and It seems that I got the virus right after I had downloaded
the google tool bar,As with everyone else I seem to have recieved it through the browser it all started happening
on Febuary 29/2008

sandydie

@cox.net
reply to jimschoe
cut 'svrspool' from start up menu and past on desktop. then delete. do a search for svrspool and delete.

Nikki

@verizon.net
reply to bcastner
I have this virus as we speak. I am going to try and follow your response in safe mode. No I haven't gotten any messages from "UniGray Antivirus".

Glen M Borror

@seovec.org

1 edit
reply to jimschoe
Yeah, I just tried deleting it to, but it says access denied, and now I'm scared. I talked to my grandfather, who knows everything about computers and other stuff like that, says it's not a virus. Now I'm wondering, what does it really do then, if it is not a virus.

bcastner
Premium,VIP,MVM
join:2002-09-25
Chevy Chase, MD
It is easily removed. Two different and effective and simple methods exist in this thread:

»Re: MonaRonaDona "virus"?

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3
reply to Glen M Borror
said by Glen M Borror :

Yeah, I just tried deleting it to, but it says access denied, and now I'm scared. I talked to my grandfather, who knows everything about computers and other stuff like that, says it's not a virus. Now I'm wondering, what does it really do then, if it is not a virus.
You need to read the entire thread.

Did you try the two fixes? If one doesn't work, try the other one. Using safe mode might be a good idea also.

--
10,675 DEADLY TERROR ATTACKS SINCE 9/11~~TEAM DISCOVERY
Can't feel you anymore, don't need you anymore, don't believe you anymore, I don't need you anymore

BRIAN 43

@aol.com
reply to bcastner
I AM JUST IN THE THORWS OF TRYING TO RID MYSELF OF THIS BUT UNIGRAY AS NOT COME UP AS AN OPTION, NOADWARE DID BUT DOESN'T REMOVE IT EITHER

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

both of those are poor choices..

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NoAdware

That is why this thread was begun.. you find the repairs that works at this link

and they are free.
--
Gladiator Security Forum »www.gladiator-antivirus.com/ Missing Kids »www.missingkids.com/

will

@alltel.net
reply to jimschoe
Go To Safemode then delete it