state
stress magnet
Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory

2 recommendations

state

Mod

An important note from your forum host..

The level of trolling, personal attacks, hate and discontent in this forum has risen to an unacceptable level recently, both by anonymous posters and registered members. As such, I believe it's time for a refresher course in the existing site rules and a few helpful hints to make your visit more enjoyable.

Trolling
      Trolling is not tolerated anywhere on the site, this forum is no exception. Trolling is, by definition "someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion". Posts deemed to be trolling will be removed immediately. This includes calling other participants trolls.

Use of the hey-mods button
      The hey-mods button isn't just there because it's a neat looking graphic. It serves a very important purpose, and that is to alert the forum moderation team(s) that there's a topic/post/member that needs our attention. I don't know about you, but I can't be here every minute of every hour of every day and while I try to read every post made in this forum sometimes things slip by. That's where this little hidden gem comes into play. If you see something that needs to be looked at, please use it and let the moderation team deal with it.

Discussions
      That's what everyone is here for, discussions. Disagreements can occur in discussions which is fine, as long as it remains civil and on-topic. This is not an argument board and if that's what you're looking for then I suggest you start posting to newsgroups.

Moderation
      Moderator actions or moderation suggestions will not be discussed in the forums, period. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me via the site's instant message system and I'll do the best I can to answer your questions.

Site TOS and Posting Rules

Now, I'd also like to say that most people that come in here adhere to the forum rules just fine, even without having read them. Most of this stuff is common sense and really not hard to figure out. I'd like to see the discussions in here turn from the arrogant, spiteful and sometimes hateful tone that I've seen of late into more healthy discussions.
Expand your moderator at work

Lakebottom
Future Fishermen are Friendly
join:2006-10-28
Sylvan Lake, AB

Lakebottom to state

to state

Re: An important note from your forum host..

Why does your Avatar look like a Troll?

Thanks for the great post!
goldcat
join:2007-09-12
Cranbrook, BC

goldcat to state

to state
this is why I had stopped coming by as I was getting tired of having to wade through spitefull attacks on each other before I got to proper dicussion
Expand your moderator at work

XT0RT
S3x, Drugs, War
join:2001-07-28
Edmonton, AB

XT0RT to state

to state

Re: An important note from your forum host..

I'm sure this will be deleted, but it would be better if anonymous posting was entirely removed from the forums. Many forum moderators do this as it entices trolls to post irrelevant garbage.

Just something to take into consideration.

state
stress magnet
Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory

state

Mod

The site already has a position on anonymous vs registered posters: »[request] anonymous posting suggestions