qworster

join:2001-11-25
Bryn Mawr, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit

Hmmmm....

I wonder if the Robin firmware can be used on Airlink 101 AR430 routers? These are frequently available for 20 dollars at Fry's. They use the Atheros chip set.
It would be GREAT if it could be, as thrse units have 4 port switches and they are less than half the cost of the dedicated nodes.

Done_Posting
Shoot to kill
Premium
join:2003-08-22
Toledo, OH
said by qworster:

I wonder if the Robin firmware can be used on Airlink 101 AR430 routers? These are frequently available for 20 dollars at Fry's. They use thw Atheros chip set.
It would be GREAT if it could be, as thrse units have 4 port switches and they are less than half the cost of the dedicated nodes.
ROBIN runs on just about anything... the trick is adapting it. One of the guys on our board is currently working to port it over to x86 so it can be run on any old PC you have laying around.

The sky is the limit!

- Tate

--
Happiness is an OC-768 in your basement...

funchords
Hello
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:6
said by Done_Posting:

One of the guys on our board is currently working to port it over to x86 so it can be run on any old PC you have laying around.
I spent an evening trying to find code to see if I liked the whole Mesh concept before buying the hardware. I could find bits and pieces, but all the options were rather painful.

Playing with an x86 version friendly to a common wireless chip might excite me enough to buy dedicated hardware.

It's too bad whatever caused the earlier project to stall for the past couple of years.
--
Robb Topolski -= funchords.com =- Hillsboro, Oregon
"We don't throttle any traffic," -Charlie Douglas, Comcast spokesman, on this report.