spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mattrodd

@sbcglobal.net

how do i disable at&t firewall to be able to seed torrents

i have no problem downloading from other people with torrents or whatever, but i guess the firewall blocks people from being able to dl off of me and its messing up my share ratio. is there a way i can turn off the firewall for my comp so i can seed? also does it matter if theres other comps hooked up in my house? let me know if you know. thanks!

koolkid1563
Premium,MVM
join:2005-11-06
Powell, WY
You can put the computer in the DMZ and open all ports, but it would probably be better to only forward the port that you are using for BT for security purposes.

mattrodd

@sbcglobal.net
reply to mattrodd
whats DMZ and BT

odinb

join:2001-11-26
Frisco, TX

1 edit
DMZ is a zone on the router to which all ports are open, i.e. no firewall.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demilitari···mputing)

BT is short for bittorrent....

Please forward the port the client is using instead for security-reasons.

»www.portforward.com/

Good luck!
--
"The same ferocity that our founders devoted to protect the freedom and independence of the press is now appropriate for our defense of the freedom of the internet. The stakes are the same: the survival of our Republic". Al Gore, The Assault on Reason

acp

@anet.com
reply to mattrodd
Just wondering if you know for a fact its the router and not actually AT&T. For example, Comcast blocks seeding and other ISPs throttle or even completely block p2p downloading. I'm thinking about switching to U-verse and I want to make sure I'm not making things worse for myself.

gdm
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-15
Mchenry, IL
kudos:3
As of now ATT doesn't block p2p traffic.