how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SunnyFL
Premium
join:2001-02-08

Fiber

Doesn't look like Seattle has wired there city yet though they have been talking about this for some time now.

Not an easy project.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 edit
said by SunnyFL:

Doesn't look like Seattle has wired there city yet though they have been talking about this for some time now.

Not an easy project.
And, as usual, they want some private enterprise to take all the risks, while still maintaining governmental(& thereby political) oversight and control. Good luck on getting anyone to reply to the RFP. Maybe they hope Microsoft will bail them out by creating a broadband showcase at a loss to MS like Google did in Moutainview, CA.
--
My BLOG .. .. Internet News .. .. My Web Page

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
kudos:1
If the deal was structured right, this could be extremely lucrative opportunity for a major telecom provider.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by PhoenixDown:

If the deal was structured right, this could be extremely lucrative opportunity for a major telecom provider.
Politicians will be involved. What do you think the chances are it will be "structured right"?
--
My BLOG .. .. Internet News .. .. My Web Page

TScheisskopf
World News Trust

join:2005-02-13
Belvidere, NJ
I agree. I look at Wall Street and I get all warm and fuzzy, knowing that Big Business always knows and does The Correct Thing.

And they never, ever need politicians and government types to bail them out of trouble, either.