Premium
join:2003-07-16
Vancouver, WA

Fios

They have verizon fios in the region already

lordofwhee

join:2007-10-21
Everett, WA
If by "have in the region" you mean "get to look at the fiber lines that ALMOST reach their houses", then you are correct.

ahulett
Premium,VIP
join:2003-02-02
Kirkland, WA
kudos:2
reply to Healbot
Unfortunately not on the road I'm at. I keep checking though... hoping...

EPS4

join:2008-02-13
Hingham, MA
reply to Healbot
Is Seattle a Verizon or Qwest ILEC area, or is it mixed? The article seems to give the impression that the city itself is Qwest. Verizon tends not to place FiOS where they don't have ILEC status, since that would mean having to negotiate for the right-of-way.

pepperxn

join:2001-02-21
said by EPS4:

Is Seattle a Verizon or Qwest ILEC area, or is it mixed? The article seems to give the impression that the city itself is Qwest. Verizon tends not to place FiOS where they don't have ILEC status, since that would mean having to negotiate for the right-of-way.
Qwest, but Verizon has spotty areas around the country outside their territory that was GTE.

MukMan

@verizon.com
FiOS is already built out in the Verizon franchise landline area and more is coming. Those areas include Kirkland, Redmond and on north through Bothell and into Lynnwood, Edmonds and on up to Everett in Snohomish County.

Their contractors are already in my neighborhood off the Mukilteo Speedway putting the fiber-optics in underground before they eventually ask me if I want it - at that point they'll connect it to my house. Once they offer TV, they'll have scads of people abandoning Comcast or Comcast keeping them by meeting Verizon's price point in the market which is usually better than Big C's.

As to Seattle, it's not only that they want to 'monitor' private enterprise, they also want private enterprise to use its money, not the taxpayer money. . . We'll see how 'Northwest Nice' and 'the Seattle Way' play out in this vision of a fiber-to-the-home network.