Search similar:

uniqs
MyDogHsFleas
Premium Member
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX

MyDogHsFleas

Premium Member

Seattle Supersonics most likely leaving town...

because the city and/or state refuses to match a $150M offer from Steve Ballmer. Yet they'll spend $500M to implement broadband rather than letting private industry do it?
TheMayor
join:2002-05-09

TheMayor

Unless I am wrong, I believe part of the deal was for someone to buy the team, which the current owners have said, its not for sale. Since day 1, I already knew that was the current owners plan & that they were probably hoping that we wouldn't give them what they want. Seattle has a better chance now at luring another team, then keeping the current team. I believe that owner of the New Orleans team wants out of N.O. maybe Seattle can make a deal with him.
said by MyDogHsFleas:

because the city and/or state refuses to match a $150M offer from Steve Ballmer. Yet they'll spend $500M to implement broadband rather than letting private industry do it?
MyDogHsFleas
Premium Member
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX

MyDogHsFleas

Premium Member

said by TheMayor:

I believe that owner of the New Orleans team wants out of N.O. maybe Seattle can make a deal with him.
The NBA will never let the New Orleans team leave. It would be a PR disaster.

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

toby to MyDogHsFleas

to MyDogHsFleas
said by MyDogHsFleas:

I would rather tax money going to assist Home Depot or Best Buy, as these shops people actually goto.

No tax subsidies should be used for anything, ever.