uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dogfather
Premium
join:2007-12-26
Laguna Hills, CA
reply to vpoko

Re: Nothing new

As I stated, just because the company pays them doesn't automatically mean they aren't neutral. In the course of my business pay auditors (the closest think to arbitrators I use) who are neutral. No problem.

No double standard. I always follow the money. Arbitration is far better that subscribers giving millions to greedy bloodsucking lawyers because the ISP blows up a notebook.

vpoko
Premium
join:2003-07-03
Boston, MA
said by Dogfather:

As I stated, just because the company pays them doesn't automatically mean they aren't neutral. In the course of my business pay auditors (the closest think to arbitrators I use) who are neutral. No problem.
Sure it's a problem, remember Arthur Anderson? That's why we have the Sarbanes-Oxley Act now, to try to prevent auditors from getting in bed with the companies they're hired to audit. We need the same thing for arbitration.

Would you be opposed to the consumer choosing the arbitrator, with the loser paying the costs?

Dogfather
Premium
join:2007-12-26
Laguna Hills, CA
I would love nothing more than a loser pays system. It will fix everything from heathcare to patent trolling.