spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sharptw55
join:2008-03-20
Big Spring, TX

sharptw55

[Credit Card Fraud] EbookDirect $6.94 charge

I had never heard of EBOOKDIRECT 877-827-4659 until I noticed a charge of $6.94 taken out of my account.
I called and left a message on their answering machine. Of course nobody is ever in the office.
If this is a scam, I sure hope they get shut down fast before they can rip off too many more people.

How can I find out who was the toll-free number obtained from (ATT, Sprint, Skype, Voip provider, etc)?

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

1 edit

pcdebb

Premium Member

it's definitely a scam. you'll never get a callback probably, and i'm sure you arent the only one to leave a message. time to call your bank. looks like another one for MGD See Profile

take a read at this thread for some background.
»Ebook websites, fraud charges, Devbill/DigitalAge/Pluto
MGD
MVM
join:2002-07-31

MGD to sharptw55

MVM

to sharptw55
said by sharptw55:

How can I find out who was the toll-free number obtained from (ATT, Sprint, Skype, Voip provider, etc)?
Have you found anything else out about the charge?. I cannot find any other reports of them. The only hit is for a »www.ebookdirect.org/

On that toll free number, 877-827-4659 it sounds like voip forwarding. I can tell you that the number was issued to a company called TimeShift 323-817-3220 »www.timeshift.net/contact.html It may have been subleased to another broker, as TimeShift does not appear to have any online order sign ups. Cyber criminals always make use of internet enrollment for obtaining phone services. You can call the 323-817-3220 number and tell them that they are listed as the responsible party for that 877-827-4659 number, and they should confirm as to whether they have sub leased it to another commercial provider or issued it out themselves.

MGD