All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
s49
join:2004-03-05
canada

s49 to Bee Beep

to Bee Beep

Re: Teksavvy's throttling now? Just a vent, nothing is needed.

So uhh, I jsut spoke to a mate that works with Bell, apparently they're progressively going area by area in re: to throttling between a certain time, like 6pm - 2am.

I didn't notice it until this evening when my usual 430KB/s is now averaging at most, 30KB/s lol.

I'll put in a call to someone at TS and see if they can check it out as well, even though I read what Rocky and other TS techs mentioned so far.
BozoTheCl0wn
join:2005-04-01
H0H0H0

1 edit

BozoTheCl0wn

So are you saying that Bell is throttling Teksavvy users? Not impossible I suppose since the traffic goes through their network but you would think Teksavvy would know about it... I'd like to see what Rocky and co think about this. The pattern is the same as when Sympatico did it. A few people notice it, everybody else thinks they are crazy until it starts happening to them too.
georgej214
join:2007-12-11
Montreal, QC

1 edit

georgej214

I have noticed some kind of throttling today. Switched from Bell to tekavvy for a few months. Usually I can get around 300KB/s download speed. Now download speed has been sharped at around 70KB/s, sometimes even worse, only at 30KB/s. Speedtest was normal as usual. What happen?
I am going to cancel my bell home phone!