uniqs

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David

Premium Member

I think it's most interesting

that google stock is at almost $600 a share and they couldn't bid on a spectrum? As far as the game rigged, that's hogwash. They had the cash, they didn't want to spend it.

This is no more AT&T and verizon's fault than just bidding. Google could have bid too, but they didn't. I call google the little engine that could, but don't repeatedly.

They would have only been a serious threat, had they bid and won something.

Basically google made their bed now they can sleep in it.

GAredd
@alltel.net

GAredd

Anon

Re: I think it's most interesting

David,
I saw a post you made in 2007 about a sony spp-2000 phone. My grandmother is 86 and has used this phone for years. For the last 3 years I must periodically duct tape the antenna back on. Do you know where I could find a phone or replacement parts? I have bought her 2 other cordless phones, but she can not use them. I know this phone is extinct, but my poor grandmother is 86.
HELP

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David

Premium Member

Re: I think it's most interesting

Not to get too far off the main topic. My antenna broke as well. On the inside there is just a screw and one wire for the antenna. If it was me I would try Ebay and start there. It's not hard to put an antenna in it. All you really do is remove two screws around the battery compartment area and just take a small flat screwdriver and pop it loose around the edges. If the wires for the mic and such were not so thin I would have wired that thing up for a headset use. Problem is the wires are so thin that just attempting to touch them with a soldering iron would be suicide unless I replace all the wires. Which there is 4 and I would have to work on that one a bit more, and I would have to know on most common headsets which is talk and which is recieve in relationship to tip and ring on the 3.5mm plug.

That part I am still working on and seeing what type of wire I am going to need to make it happen.

To mods: please feel free to move this topic as well as the other post I responded to, to the more appropriate forum.

GAredd
@ahss.org

GAredd to David

Anon

to David
thank you