spc
Search similar:

uniqs
AnonymousC
join:2008-03-08
Montreal, QC

AnonymousC

Bell being the man--review of Acanac service up to date

Well i've been with Acanac now for several weeks and am pleased with their service. I subscribed for the residential dsl service and have found the service exactly as described.

Getting the initial line activated was an issue and required several call backs until they finally sent a Bell technician to correct the problem.

Other than that the speed is exactly what was promised and all ports appears to be open and bandwith throttling and shaping are not at the moment present. This leads to my next question.

With recent news that bell is going to start and throttle resellers of their lines (can be found here:»www.michaelgeist.ca/cont ··· 782/125/ and »Update on throttling issue...)

How will this impact Acanac and how do you think you will proceed against such throttling? With Electronic Box and Teksavvy already confirming that they are going to work together in tackling the problem; have you considered joining them?

I've already contacted my mp (which you can send an email or letter to for free; just search on contacting your mp or look at the threads here on dslreports).

Let us know what if anything Acanac is looking into as a solution. I like your service, i don't want my internet throttled or shaped for me. Bell needs to be reminded that they they are a service provider, not a monopoly.

AnonymousC
thelurker
join:2006-03-24
North York, ON

thelurker

AnonymousC, Acanac has pretty much been on top of this from the beginning, and I believe that Paul was part of the 3rd party ISPs that got together to discuss this situation.

»community.acanac.com/aca ··· c3a84a44

I'm glad to hear that you've had a good experience