spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Cable_Boise
@cableone.net

Cable_Boise

Anon

Why Bash Cable...bundle and save.

All I am hearing on here is bashing of cableone. I came from a Cox system and paid alot more for the service. Cableone offers very affordable deals if you bundle....$46 for basic, $32 for Digital Combo (1 DVR, 1 DCT), $32 for 5mb internet, and $29.95 for phone service. And as long as you have at least three services those prices don't change!! I see phone guys who get DSL for free getting cableone internet. And I get customers all the time switching back from dish because they can't afford the service calls and all the extras that get stacked on. Remember, cableone offers free service calls and same day service.

InGreenwood
@att-inc.com

InGreenwood

Anon

Sadly, we get mostly whiners and astroturfers. The Astroturfers are upset anyone thinks there are problems, the whiners are upset if you offer solutions. It makes for a slow forum.

areoh
join:2001-11-10
Kansas City, MO

1 edit

areoh to Cable_Boise

to Cable_Boise
I like it when CableOne employees post on the forums. Welcome. I hope you visit often!

I can't say that I consider myself a "whiner" or "astroturfer." I simply speak from my experience from a neutral point-of-view. IE, if I have issues, I'm gonna express them, but I'll also be the first to say I get great service from the company (up till most recently, of course).

Sadly, CableOne is choosing to take a few turns in the opposite direction regarding bandwidth usage (along with most other Cable companies, though).

I agree with the OP, if you bundle, of course you're going to save some cash. But, MOST of the "bashing" going on here is in regards to other issues.

lostinms
Moo
join:2001-11-29
Grenada, MS

lostinms

You know Cableone employees from what I am told get their service free. Plus If I from what I am told they don't have the caps like the customers

areoh
Kansas City, MO

areoh

Yes, I would assume they do. It's news to me that they don't have caps, however. I find that hard to believe (not saying that you're lying.) Perhaps they're given business tiers?

InGreenwood
@comcast.net

InGreenwood to lostinms

Anon

to lostinms
said by lostinms:

You know Cableone employees from what I am told get their service free.
"Eating one's own dog food" is almost always a good policy, for the company, the employee's, and the customers. Can you imagine how much more sway with Phoenix's central office calls from local Grenada employees give you, the other customers?

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ea ··· dog_food
said by lostinms:

Plus If I from what I am told they don't have the caps like the customers
This would be technically cumbersome, while it COULD be true, I see it requiring at least twice the development/maintenance effort of having a consistent set of rules.
chuckie1
join:2006-06-05
Gulfport, MS

chuckie1 to Cable_Boise

to Cable_Boise
when you compare cableone to some of the other ISPs, it's pretty easy to see that they're at the bottom of the heap as to what they offer for the price. their hd channel lineup is poor, their dl and ul speeds are slow (especially upload), their caps are terrible.

i'll give them credit where it's due though, their service is pretty reliable (although this morning i'm only dl'ing at 3mb instead of 5mb for some reason).

areoh
Kansas City, MO

areoh to Cable_Boise

to Cable_Boise
Their upload speeds are very poor. The tiers are in dire need of a refresh on the upload side. We're content with the download speeds... but 500k paired with 8000 down? Geez.

lostinms
Moo
join:2001-11-29
Grenada, MS

lostinms to Cable_Boise

to Cable_Boise
Here in Grenada, MS the picture quality really sucks even on Digital which my parents have. Me and my wife have basic cable.

I thought it was the cable coming to my house that was giving me the piss poor picture quality but after replacing it the quality did not improve and when you call them they really want to give you the run around about it.
metropolis0
join:2008-08-05

metropolis0 to Cable_Boise

to Cable_Boise
CableOne has to take measures against capping usage due to the fact to how it's used. The majority of the customers hardly use ANY of it. It's those folks who do lots of DL'ing/sharing that use approx 70% of CableOne's internet. The typical user would never come close to the cap. If you're someone who does a lot of DL'ing/sharing, just do it during off peak hours and you'll be fine.
danieldasilv
join:2008-08-25
Long Beach, MS

danieldasilv to Cable_Boise

to Cable_Boise
Well, where is this bundle at? I used to have one of their bundles (internet + basic cable + digital cable) for $100 a month. But then I had to ditch their internet because it just wouldn't work right (long story). When I moved I was forced to sign up their internet again because of lack of options, and again I asked for the bundle. They said they don't have it. It doesn't exist anymore. So now I pay nearly $150 a month for the same services, and I'm not happy about it.

So where is this bundle at? How can I get it? Because when I call them and ask about it they won't give it to me.
jimbopalmer
Tsar of all the Rushers
join:2008-06-02
Greenwood, MS

1 edit

jimbopalmer

goto »www.cableone.net/ and enter your zipcode, then goto

»www.cableone.net/digital ··· kage.asp