share rss forum feed

MGD
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-31
kudos:9
reply to Doug55

Re: [Credit Card Fraud] fraud: www.prophotosland.com & www.phot

said by Doug55 :

Please add LoadOfPhotos.com to the list. ...
Thank You, I have added them to the original list on the previous page

said by madneon:

Yes I too am a victim of Loadofphotos.com for 9.87 I have also replaced my card. I am VERY careful with my card any clues on how these people are getting hold of them and is loadofphotos a real web site because it it still up and running.

No they are a 100% fraud, fake site, just a front operation used to launder hijacked card data into cash. They are a subset of the larger: »Ebook websites, fraud charges, Devbill/DigitalAge/Pluto same modus-operandi.

It is very difficult to know for sure the source of the card data. It is doubtful that the data is coming from any recent e-commerce transactions since many of the cards are pre pinged before the charge. That tells us that they are testing the validity of the data before submitting the actual fraud charge. If the data was tied to actual recent transactions, that would not be necessary, since they would be known good data.

Somewhere behind this operation is a domestic cyber-mule who would have set up the merchant and banking accounts to process the fraud payments. What makes this this criminal operational group so disturbing is the complete lack of any vetting process whatsoever. The ability to set up and intergrate with the financial card processing system with such obvious fraudulent credentials is outrageous.

The websites are registered using GoDaddy's cloaking "hide a criminal" service called "Domainsby Proxy". That enables them to mask a clearly fraudulent domain registration. The sites contain no contact info, such as the business name that the merchant account was set up as. Just a bogus individuals name and voice mail phone number. Combine that with the fact that they are supposed to be selling an "intangible product", nothing to ship, and it just SCREAMS FRAUD. There isn't even any folders on the sites that contain graphic images that they are supposed to be selling. being blocked form search engines so no one could find them is just icing on the fraud cake.

We can go back and look at one of the earlier failed sites for an example of the deliberate obfuscation of the business registration chain.

The domain itself was cloaked via GoDaddy. they also own the cloaking service Domains by Proxy, Inc:

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States
Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc.
Domain Name: ZENITHGRAPHIC.COM
Created on: 04-Oct-07
Expires on: 05-Oct-08
Last Updated on: 04-Oct-07

On this one only, the contact detail on the website included the name of the related LLC:

listed under the bogus names was:

Support: Alex McGuire
e-mail: support@zenithgraphic.com
tel: (504) 208-4860
General: Edris Hoover
info@zenithgraphic.com
tel: (505) 350-8506
Jupiter, LLC -------> LOOK
8210 Robin Ave NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110

So the suspected recruited cyber-mule would have registered a cover LLC from that 8210 Robin Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 address. A check of the New Mexico Division of Corporation's database confirms this:

New Mexico Public Regulation Commission
----------------------------------
JUPITER, LLC
SCC Number: 2937704
Tax & Revenue Number:
Organization Date: SEPTEMBER 18, 2007, in NEW MEXICO
Organization Type: DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY
Organization Status: EXEMPT
Good Standing:
Purpose: N/R
ORGANIZATION DATES
Taxable Year End Date:
Filing Date:
Expiration Date:
SUPPLEMENTAL POST MARK DATE
Supplemental:
MAILING ADDRESS
8210 ROBIN AVE NE ALBUQUERQUE , NEW MEXICO 87110
PRINCIPAL ADDRESS
8210 ROBIN AVE NE ALBUQUERQUE NEW MEXICO 87110
PRINCIPAL ADDRESS (Outside New Mexico)
REGISTERED AGENT
BUSINESS FILINGS INCORPORATED
123 EAST MARCY STREET SANTA FE NEW MEXICO 87501

Agent Designated:
Agent Resigned:
COOP LICENSE INFORMATION
Number:
Type:
Expiration Year:
ORGANIZERS
BUSINESS FILINGS INCORPORATED
DIRECTORS
Date of Election of Directors:

Since there are no reports of fraud charges under the zenithgraphic.com name, I assume the cyber-mule who registered Jupiter on behalf of the criminals dropped out before it got off the ground. All of the other sites hide that business information in order to preserve the fraud. No merchant account provider performing even minimal vetting would not authorize an account set up based on this configuration format.

It is bad enough that consumer's card data cannot be kept secure, but to then provide open door access to the merchant financial system so that the hijacked data can be readily laundered into cash, is nothing short of incredible negligence.

MGD