Search similar:

uniqs

areoh
join:2001-11-10
Kansas City, MO

1 edit

areoh

Sioux City Issues

For the first time in years, we're experiencing poor network performance during peak hours (5:30PM to 11:00PM; all day on weekends.) Anyone else having this problem?

I've confirmed with CableOne that there are issues in my area and they're being addressed, but I'm curious how wide-spread they are in the city.

slimmy5
join:2008-03-30
Idaho Falls, ID

slimmy5

Works fine here in Idaho.

This is for the 3mb/300kb

John Patrick
join:2001-06-07
Sioux City, IA

1 edit

John Patrick to areoh

to areoh

Its fine here, morningside part of town.

areoh
Kansas City, MO

areoh

Another friend confirmed his area is fine (Morningside). Must be strictly our area (Woodberry Heights).

Thanks.
areoh

areoh to John Patrick

to John Patrick
John, do me a fave. and give it a test right around 8PM. Thanks.
areoh

areoh

Reason being, I only have issues during peek hours. How about you? (note time on speed tests)

John Patrick
Sioux City, IA

John Patrick to areoh

to areoh
Sorry areoh, I work nights will post a test this Friday when I am off.
John Patrick

John Patrick to areoh

to areoh

OK here, at 7:30pm

areoh
Kansas City, MO

areoh

Thanks, John. Although my speed tests are starting to improve, my bandwidth is still very inconsistent (during peek hours). Still getting high ping spikes and dropping packets while gaming.

areoh

areoh

Nasty, nasty. Things are not good today. Good thing there's yard work to do, I guess.

What these speed test don't show is the amount of packet loss or spikes (well over 300ms to a low hop server).
John Patrick
Sioux City, IA
·Sparklight

John Patrick to areoh

to areoh

What brand and model number of modem are you using Areoh? Reason i stepped down to 3Mb - 300kbps was of my old 3100 Surfboard Motorola modem. When i did have 8Mb - 500kbps i would be stuck at speeds your seeing now. Just to cheap to upgrade till Cable One pulls all support for the 3100 Surfboard.

areoh
Kansas City, MO

areoh

Actually, I've tried a few separate modems. Right now, I'm on a SB5101; one that's supported by CableOne. My D-Link modem resulted in the same issues (and is also supported). Trust me, once I started having problems, I made sure it wasn't my hardware.

Sioux City's Internet Manager claims they're aware of the issues in my area and are "working to resolve" them. But, it's been several weeks now.

This is the reason I'm pinging others in the city. I'm just wondering if it's truly only my area or if it's city-wide. Seems like it's only my area. Of course, I have a feeling you I are the only ones in the tri-state that check this board.

Thanks again.
areoh

areoh

Thing have finally cleared up. Great performance for around seven days now. That was a nasty two month windows of crud, however.

But, CableOne wasn't very good about keeping me updated on the status of the issues (per their local Internet Manager) and the basic support team was no help.

Oh, well. It is what it is. Thanks, guys.