justbits
DSL is dead. Long live DSL!
Premium Member
join:2003-01-08
Chicago, IL

justbits

Premium Member

"Wideband"

Wideband download, anemic upload. When are we going to see upload speeds that are significantly more than 10% of the download rate?!

SpaethCo
Digital Plumber
MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN

SpaethCo

MVM

said by justbits:

When are we going to see upload speeds that are significantly more than 10% of the download rate?!
When broadband providers start using different physical plant options than what they use now.
EPS4
join:2008-02-13
Hingham, MA

EPS4 to justbits

to justbits
Most of the pre-certification stuff out there only has the upload capability of the older version of DOCSIS, without channel bonding- I assume this is the same

Chiyo
Save Me Konata-Chan
Premium Member
join:2003-02-20
Salisbury, NC
·Hotwire Communic..

1 edit

2 recommendations

Chiyo

Premium Member

Ordered

I've ordered the new package, I will have it installed on Sunday. New modem and an installation charge

also I asked about the current tiers they are being upgraded to 10 and 12 meg. No time frame on that though.
Rick5
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06

Rick5

Premium Member

said by Chiyo:

I've ordered the new package, I will have it installed on Sunday. New modem and an installation charge

also I asked about the current tiers they are being upgraded to 10 and 12 meg. No time frame on that though.
AWESOME man. Please keep us informed in the comcast forum as to how it goes.
150 is steep but 5 bucks a day for those speeds is pretty reasonable I guess. Still..hopefully it will come down to more mainstream prices.

GL with the install. and congrats!

pipdipchip
8 Megabits A Second
Premium Member
join:2003-12-04
Hanover, MN

pipdipchip to Chiyo

Premium Member

to Chiyo
Yes, you must post something about it on the Comcast forum once you get it installed. Include pictures of the modem please.

StreetSpirit
This spot reserved for Xenu.
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Roslyn, NY

StreetSpirit to Chiyo

Premium Member

to Chiyo
I pay $61.95 for Optimum Online BOOST 30/5 service. $150 for 5mbit upload? You HAVE to be kidding.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to justbits

Premium Member

to justbits

Re: "Wideband"

said by justbits:

Wideband download, anemic upload. When are we going to see upload speeds that are significantly more than 10% of the download rate?!
Don't hold your breath!
Anemic upload on rez packages is what is keeping biz on overpriced lucrative biz packages.
dvd536

dvd536 to StreetSpirit

Premium Member

to StreetSpirit

Re: Ordered

said by StreetSpirit:

I pay $61.95 for Optimum Online BOOST 30/5 service. $150 for 5mbit upload? You HAVE to be kidding.
Well this is in NON FIOS areas. do you honestly think cablevision would be even OFFERING 5mbps upload in non fios areas? i dont think so.