Save Me Konata-Chan
Premium Member
join:2003-02-20
Salisbury, NC

Chiyo to SpaethCo

Premium Member

to SpaethCo

Re: Upgrade scheduled for 4/6

High Fives espaeth lol I agree I wish they'd just offer like 20 / 5 personally but maybe once it takes off. I'm just wondering why the Twin Cities first?

I really wonder if the Minneapolis WiFi had a lot of play?
Leinie7
join:2003-12-11
Osseo, MN

Leinie7

Comcast is introducing the service first in the Twin Cities based on high computer use here, but will be adding it in other, undisclosed cities later this year.

Found it here:
»www.startribune.com/busi ··· 049.html

funchords
Hello
MVM
join:2001-03-11
Yarmouth Port, MA

funchords

MVM

said by »www.startribune.com/busi ··· 049.html :

On a less dramatic note, the new service also has an upload speed that is more than five times greater than Comcast previously offered consumers but, at 5 million bits per second, it is only a tenth the download speed.
So it's going to be 50/5 Mpbs -- an upgrade was needed on the uplink side, not many Internet Protocols would work at 50 Mbps/384 Kbps.
MFfan310
join:2007-06-15
Fort Wayne, IN

MFfan310 to Leinie7

to Leinie7
My bet is that Fort Wayne will be one of those "other, undisclosed cities" becuase we have FiOS here... and that the prices will be far less due to the FiOS factor.

SpaethCo
Digital Plumber
MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN

SpaethCo to Chiyo

MVM

to Chiyo
said by Chiyo:

I wish they'd just offer like 20 / 5 personally but maybe once it takes off.
I personally would have been happy with 16/2 had it been offered. The 50mbps down doesn't interest me as much as the 5mbps upload. Every time I upload new content to my web site it is painful to watch when the 2mbps powerboost kicks back to 768k upload.