MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
ARRIS TM822
Actiontec MI424WR Rev. I

1 recommendation

MxxCon to Alcohol

to Alcohol

Re: [OOL] [OOL] Does Optimum Online still regulate torrents?

said by Alcohol:

said by MxxCon:

said by Alcohol:

They have never restricted torrent uploading in any sort of way.
not true.
Back in 2005 OOL was doing the same thing that Comcast is doing now. read »Re: Why Is OOL Selectively Blocking Bit Torrent Pa and how this problem was solved »Good news and »more good news for us and »Re: Why Is OOL Selectively Blocking Bit Torrent Pa
I never experienced any problems with high amounts of uploading in the years of using OOL.
"I never experienced" is a HUGE difference from "They have never". Your original statement is plain wrong.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

said by MxxCon:

"I never experienced" is a HUGE difference from "They have never". Your original statement is plain wrong.
So they choose to throttle some users and leave others?
Sam2723
join:2008-04-03
Milford, CT

Sam2723

if you are deemed a threat to the network due to hacking, spamming, uploading copyrighted material, or serious trojan activity... then yes, you will be throttled and/or bricked.

but you've got to think of it in terms of speeding on a highway. sure, people get caught, but not everybody does.

I've only really seen ten or twelve of these situations since I started in October... the bricking/throttling is to get your attention, it's like a warning shot.

All ISP's do it to some extent, I remember when I lived in Albany NY my mother got throttled for having some serious trojan virus issues.

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
ARRIS TM822
Actiontec MI424WR Rev. I

MxxCon to Alcohol

to Alcohol
said by Alcohol:

my statement have been perfectly clear. i don't need to explain what i said any further. if you think otherwise, it means you don't know what you are talking about.

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

said by MxxCon:

said by Alcohol:

my statement have been perfectly clear.
Negative.

Somatica
@optonline.net

Somatica

Anon

I have no idea how the hell you can upload so much.. Are you telling your torrent speeds haven't been affected as of yet?

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

said by Somatica :

I have no idea how the hell you can upload so much.. Are you telling your torrent speeds haven't been affected as of yet?
No they have not. Still maxing out my upload (550-600 kB/s)

ViCyniC
join:2002-01-19
Edison, NJ

ViCyniC to Sam2723

to Sam2723
Just switched over to OOL from Verizon, and my torrent speeds have decreased drastically. Gotta find a solution somehow.