Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA
kudos:40
reply to burgermeister

Re: Utility easement

said by burgermeister:

said by Bobcat79:

What part of "utility easement" don't these folks understand? They should have looked at the deed before they bought the property.
That doesn't give them the right to put any old piece of crap on the easement. There has to be some limit.
If they can put a nice large telephone pole on my property, they can put a box on yours. For the short time I was a service tech I had to fight my way through the bushes people planted to hide our boxes. I'm sure many of these boxes can be like wise hidden.
--
RIP my baby Buttons 1/15/94-2/9/07 Buttons, Buttons video

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC
kudos:12
said by tim_k:

said by burgermeister:

said by Bobcat79:

What part of "utility easement" don't these folks understand? They should have looked at the deed before they bought the property.
That doesn't give them the right to put any old piece of crap on the easement. There has to be some limit.
If they can put a nice large telephone pole on my property, they can put a box on yours. For the short time I was a service tech I had to fight my way through the bushes people planted to hide our boxes. I'm sure many of these boxes can be like wise hidden.
Not with that huge concrete wall around it.

My local ILEC hid all their BPON fiber equipment in a fenced in enclosure. It's a very nice, wooden enclosure, open to the street, but in between two subdivisions. It was thought out pretty well and looks good.

My guess is AT&T doesn't care about the aesthetics and just places it where they have an easement that is close enough to the optimal point.