FicmanS
Premium Member
join:2005-01-11
Brownsburg, IN

FicmanS to MrMoody

Premium Member

to MrMoody

Re: Rollin.. Rollin.. Rollin...

Man you would think the Comcast folks would get tired of seeing all these reports... Maybe it's just me...
yaw
join:2004-05-19
Morgantown, WV

yaw

I am tired of it, but what am I going to do? It's comcast, dialup, or no internet. Those are the choices. Comcast knows this, so why should they care?
xrobertcmx
Premium Member
join:2001-06-18
White Plains, MD

xrobertcmx

Premium Member

That was how it was for me for a very long time, finally FIOS became available and away I went.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to yaw

Premium Member

to yaw
said by yaw:

I am tired of it, but what am I going to do? It's comcast, dialup, or no internet. Those are the choices. Comcast knows this, so why should they care?
Hahaha... I am waiting for the "Well you just need to move then" people to show up.

But I know how you feel.
Rhanlav
Dook?
join:2005-01-28
Jacksonville, FL

Rhanlav to yaw

to yaw
I'm in pretty much the same boat. I had DSL, but it was so flakey that I just had to give it the boot. So yeah, I have Comcast, but its only because its the only thing I could get around here. That and it was only 10 bucks more than my DSL for a lot more speed.

Scree
In the pipe 5 by 5
join:2001-04-24
Mount Laurel, NJ

Scree to yaw

to yaw
They will care when many start to go no internet. lol
puffgussy36
join:2007-01-15
Hampton, NH

puffgussy36 to Rhanlav

to Rhanlav
Or if Congress and the likes of MS and Google are able to push through more open access. No even better let the NSA get involved. Once they decide that faster and more reliable broadband coast to coast is in the interest of National Security then Comcast (and the others will put up or disappear.

Remember the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency was set up after the Soviet Union beat the U.S. into space with Sputnik. Its mission was to prevent "technological surprise."

If Uncle Sam says "give em them the best (before the Russians beat us to it again)"...

I'm kidding of course. I have Comcast. Had Verizon DSL and it sucked and cable was about the same price (cheaper with intro rate). I average 6-7 pass through and 4 while surfing with peak spikes of 15 -21. I'm not seeing a huge difference in downloading video or streaming (which could be the source servers) but over all it is faster.

Comcast should stop micro managing the bandwidth and just focus on new subscribers or they'll lose even more market share to FiOS. Ok I'm out of oxygen.

tc1uscg
join:2005-03-09
Gulfport, MS

tc1uscg to FicmanS

to FicmanS
said by FicmanS:

Man you would think the Comcast folks would get tired of seeing all these reports... Maybe it's just me...
Odd thing, I'm not had a problem (like the one posted) or seen any RESET messages since going to CC a month ago. I spend a lot of time on the internet so I would think I would have seen something by now.
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88 to puffgussy36

to puffgussy36
said by puffgussy36:

Comcast should stop micro managing the bandwidth and just focus on new subscribers or they'll lose even more market share to FiOS. Ok I'm out of oxygen.
Comcast isn't loosing any serious amount of customers to FIOS. What about all the Comcast markets in ATT/Qwest land? They will never see FIOS (or more generically, FTTP). Next issue, Joe Six Pack doesn't care about speed, its not something he can rationalize. Next, people don't like change. Next people will take the cheaper product, retention offers will do wonders.
puffgussy36
join:2007-01-15
Hampton, NH

2 edits

puffgussy36

said by patcat88:Comcast isn't loosing any serious amount of customers to FIOS. What about all the Comcast markets in ATT/Qwest land? They will never see FIOS (or more generically, FTTP). Next issue, Joe Six Pack doesn't care about speed, its not something he can rationalize. Next, people don't like change. Next people will take the cheaper product, retention offers will do wonders.
Look at last years white papers. Their revenues were down. They (Comcast) admitted they underestimated FiOS as competition in a Businessweek article. Verizon aside, they still have low market saturation in my state, so I still say they should focus on new customers and leave their current ones alone!