uniqs
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88 to puffgussy36

to puffgussy36

Re: Rollin.. Rollin.. Rollin...

said by puffgussy36:

Comcast should stop micro managing the bandwidth and just focus on new subscribers or they'll lose even more market share to FiOS. Ok I'm out of oxygen.
Comcast isn't loosing any serious amount of customers to FIOS. What about all the Comcast markets in ATT/Qwest land? They will never see FIOS (or more generically, FTTP). Next issue, Joe Six Pack doesn't care about speed, its not something he can rationalize. Next, people don't like change. Next people will take the cheaper product, retention offers will do wonders.
puffgussy36
join:2007-01-15
Hampton, NH

2 edits

puffgussy36

said by patcat88:Comcast isn't loosing any serious amount of customers to FIOS. What about all the Comcast markets in ATT/Qwest land? They will never see FIOS (or more generically, FTTP). Next issue, Joe Six Pack doesn't care about speed, its not something he can rationalize. Next, people don't like change. Next people will take the cheaper product, retention offers will do wonders.
Look at last years white papers. Their revenues were down. They (Comcast) admitted they underestimated FiOS as competition in a Businessweek article. Verizon aside, they still have low market saturation in my state, so I still say they should focus on new customers and leave their current ones alone!