All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
sestrada6
join:2008-01-01

sestrada6

Re: Unhappy Business Customer

Dear Embarq,

Our business at anytime has guests either plugging their own computers into our network, or using one of ours.

From what I read about your (opt-in by default) opt-out cookie based solution - it may be ineffective in out set up since we can't control cookies on a client's computer, and rotate web proxies that may send traffic through one IP now, and another IP later.

Besides the obvious privacy issues of having all data collected and inspected withoutr assent, I'm wondering what our legal and moral responsibilities are concerning disclosure to our guests that our ISP may likely be reading, collecting, and sharing their data with whomever they please, and what the skewed data will do to our users' experience with targeted ads meant for yesterday's guest.

The desire is to opt out completely from your existing and future traffic snooping technology.

The solution is easy - shut all this stuff off by default, and invite customers to opt in.

But you won't do that. right?
sestrada6

3 edits

sestrada6

Hello Embarq,

Still forced opt-in by default - right?

Still no way to opt-out web proxies, web caches, mail servers, etc - right?

Still no options for business customers with static IPs to have those IPs shut off permanently so guests to that customer's business plugging in their own computers to surf the internet are spared your injected ads and dns redirected traffic - right?

I'd like to set up some gateway firewall rules to block your inbound injected ad traffic. Would you please post the IPs?

Thanks