Premium
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
kudos:7
Reviews:
·PenTeleData
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to Rick

Re: Time Warners claim is 100% accurate.....

A bit off topic, but important.

»www.grc.com/securitynow.htm

Episode #139 | 10 Apr 2008 | 81 min.
Network Congestion

quote:
Steve: ...And then when I got my T1s, or certainly when most people switched from a modem to a broadband connection, to either DSL, high-speed DSL or cable modem, it's like, whoa, just think of all the stuff I can get now. I mean, so there...

Leo: You do, you start downloading stuff.

Steve: You know what I mean? Yes. There is behavior elasticity in the type of connection you have and how feasible it is for you to do certain things on the 'Net. And so what that means to me is that people who have fiber are going to be much more inclined to grab big chunks of stuff because now they can so much more easily...

--
Please use the "yellow (IM) envelope" to contact me and please leave the URL intact. ISO 639-2 Code: ENG /ISO 639-1 Code: EN »tinyurl.com/ymoytj

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1

said by aefstoggaflm:

A bit off topic, but important.

»www.grc.com/securitynow.htm

Episode #139 | 10 Apr 2008 | 81 min.
Network Congestion

quote:
Steve: ...And then when I got my T1s, or certainly when most people switched from a modem to a broadband connection, to either DSL, high-speed DSL or cable modem, it's like, whoa, just think of all the stuff I can get now. I mean, so there...

Leo: You do, you start downloading stuff.

Steve: You know what I mean? Yes. There is behavior elasticity in the type of connection you have and how feasible it is for you to do certain things on the 'Net. And so what that means to me is that people who have fiber are going to be much more inclined to grab big chunks of stuff because now they can so much more easily...

same could be related to cars, before the US interstate system people took Greyhounds or trains for long hauls. the Interstate opened and everyone started driving distances longer then with in the same state. and as anyone who has used I-95 knows, congestion is common.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports