join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

1 edit

JPL to Telcoguru

Premium Member

to Telcoguru

Re: Disappointing FiOS SD and Blurry VOD

said by Telcoguru:

How are you getting HD on a SD TV? I'll say it again, I don't know why any of you have a HD box with a SD TV. You're paying for HD that you are not getting.
You get the HD CHANNELS downcoverted to SD.

Edit - one other reason to get the HD DVR over the SD DVR - space. The HD has a 160GB harddrive, and the SD DVR has an 80GB harddrive.

Telcoguru
Premium Member
join:2005-08-22
Fresh Meadows, NY

Telcoguru

Premium Member

I know it's down converted, but it is still not HD.

keyboards
join:2001-02-14
Doylestown, PA

keyboards

said by Telcoguru:

But it still looked better than SD, there are more channels available, and better sound. How many times does one need to repeat - like I said, it is a personal choice. Some people are happy with a 13" analog B&W TV while others want 65" HD sets. That's what makes the world go round.
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL to Telcoguru

Premium Member

to Telcoguru
said by Telcoguru:

I never said that it was. Where did you see that in my posts? The HD box DOES give you access to channels that the SD box doesn't. Is THAT alone worth the extra money every month? Depends - I'm a big fan of HDNet and HDNet Movies. I hate the fact that I can't get them on my SD TV (just have the SD STB on that TV). There are a couple of channels that are HD only channels (HD Net, HD Net Movies, UHD, HD Theater e.g.), and there are a number that are HD simulcasts of the SD versions of the same channels (Food, HGTV, ESPN, ESPN2, e.g.). If having those HD only channels is worth the extra couple of bucks a month to someone, then what's the big deal?

Telcoguru
Premium Member
join:2005-08-22
Fresh Meadows, NY

Telcoguru

Premium Member

I'll leave it at that, just personal choice. I didn't say that you said it was HD. I was playing devils advocate.