Premium Member
join:2004-04-14
France

2 recommendations

Blue2

Premium Member

Latest Securitiy Threat - CHOCOLATE

WOMEN MORE LIKELY THAN MEN TO SURRENDER SECURITY FOR CHOCOLATE

"Women are four times more likely than men to surrender their computer passwords for chocolate, according to a survey of 576 office workers conducted outside Liverpool Street Station in London by Infosecurity Europe.

According to the survey, 45% of women revealed their passwords to strangers posing as market researchers for a chocolate bar, compared to 10% of men."
»www.informationweek.com/ ··· 07400028

Bottom line: To catch women, use chocolate. To catch men, use women.

Snowy
Lock him up!!!
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI

Snowy

Premium Member

I wouldn't make up a password to hand off to a stranger for chocolate but I'd be vulnerable if they start talking a hot dog with mustard, relish & onion on a toasted bun.
If they threw a soda into the deal my nose would need it own zip code.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

1 edit

antdude to Blue2

Premium Member

to Blue2
»news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/tech ··· 9679.stm from »it.slashdot.org/article. ··· /1159207 ...

Date: Tuesday, 20 April, 2004, 01:44 GMT 02:44 UK

Another experiment to compare after almost four years?
kpatz
MY HEAD A SPLODE
Premium Member
join:2003-06-13
Manchester, NH

kpatz to Blue2

Premium Member

to Blue2
said by Blue2:

Bottom line: To catch women, use chocolate. To catch men, use women.
So to get a man's password, use chocolate to lure the woman into luring the man's password.

swhx7
Premium Member
join:2006-07-23
Elbonia

1 recommendation

swhx7 to Blue2

Premium Member

to Blue2
Again, as in the previous experiment, the secondary articles don't say whether the researchers verified the supposed passwords.

If they didn't verify them, then they really don't have statistics on users giving up passwords: instead they have a maximum number who might have done so, minus an unknown number who were scamming them.

no_one
@PHNX.QWEST.NET

no_one

Anon

said by swhx7:

Again, as in the previous experiment, the secondary articles don't say whether the researchers verified the supposed passwords.

If they didn't verify them, then they really don't have statistics on users giving up passwords: instead they have a maximum number who might have done so, minus an unknown number who were scamming them.
So woman lie to get what they want?

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire

1 recommendation

Cudni to Blue2

MVM

to Blue2
once they were told the password in lieu of chocolate did they ask them to repeat it
Somehow i think women were quicker to think on their feet and got and chocolate with nothing relinquished in return

Cudni

emerald_b
join:2008-04-07
North York, ON

emerald_b to Blue2

to Blue2
yummy... chocolate... I would think about it only if I could have the chocolate and the men LOL. In all seriousness, somehow those results seem skewed, maybe they did give incorrect passwords or maybe they surveyed less women than men. The amount of awareness about password leaking is pretty high, so even noobs know better than that.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

1 recommendation

jaykaykay to Blue2

MVM

to Blue2
Chocolate? Never! I would like to meet these office workers that were polled. I bet they were all the stereotypical 'blonde'. Now, if you offered me a bucket of fresh, ripe, tasty artichokes, I might consider it!

Owlbet
Ignite the Ice
Premium Member
join:2002-09-24
Palmer, AK

1 recommendation

Owlbet

Premium Member

said by jaykaykay:

Chocolate? Never!
Cash, and lots of it, gladly accepted.

Thug21
Just Chillin'
Premium Member
join:2005-08-21

1 edit

Thug21

Premium Member

I'd think people would just say xyz is my pw - now make with the candy!

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ

DownTheShore to no_one

Premium Member

to no_one
said by no_one :

Nah, we never do that....

Blue2
Premium Member
join:2004-04-14
France

1 recommendation

Blue2 to jaykaykay

Premium Member

to jaykaykay
said by jaykaykay:

Chocolate? Never! I would like to meet these office workers that were polled. I bet they were all the stereotypical 'blonde'.
Hahaha. About as blonde as all those overwhelmed by temptation and bitten by the Anna Kournikova worm.

I never cease to be amazed how, given the right incentive, intelligent people can suddenly make those "stereotypical blondes" you're referring to look like brain surgeons.

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

1 edit

2 recommendations

La Luna to no_one

Premium Member

to no_one
said by no_one :
said by swhx7:

Yes. Much like how men lie about how much p0rn they watch. Women never watch p0rn. It's all about chocolate and/or cash for us.

Its a Secret
Please speak into the microphone
Premium Member
join:2008-02-23
Da wet coast

1 edit

Its a Secret

Premium Member

LL, you'd sell out for mere cash?! I'm so disappointed, darlin'...

(edited to add smiley to LL)

carpetshark3
Premium Member
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

carpetshark3 to Blue2

Premium Member

to Blue2
I HATE chocolate! Now French Onion Soup and goo Green Chili are another matter.
Carpetshark