spc
Search similar:

uniqs
HelperMunkee
join:2008-04-17
Newington, CT

HelperMunkee

[Config] Frame-Relay probs b/t 3640 and 1841

I've got a frame-relay circuit between two routers. It is subscribed to be a full T1. Here's the problem.

The circuit is very undependable and drops packets pretty regularly. I've had a tech come out and test the smart-jack , and do a CSU emu (T-Bird) test, all of which tested fine; so the circuit itself is good. Says the problem is on one of my routers.

During the test they did see packets being discarded for being over the rate limit of the circuit. I've got a map applied to the interface (on both routers) which I think is limiting the in/out bandwidth. Here is what I had applied to the routers interfaces:

!
map-class frame-relay 1466_1466
frame-relay cir 1466000
frame-relay bc 14660
frame-relay mincir 1466000
!

Then I tried this after seeing packets still being dropped (I put the rate WAY far down just to prove a point to myself):

!
map-class frame-relay T1
frame-relay cir 700000
frame-relay bc 12000
frame-relay be 0
frame-relay mincir 350000
!

Still dropping packets (don't know why).

Do these maps look ok for a T1? And is there something I can do with FECN/BECN to try to alleviate this issue?

mikeeo
Premium Member
join:2000-03-12
Newark, DE

mikeeo

Premium Member

said by HelperMunkee:

I've got a frame-relay circuit between two routers. It is subscribed to be a full T1. Here's the problem.

The circuit is very undependable and drops packets pretty regularly. I've had a tech come out and test the smart-jack , and do a CSU emu (T-Bird) test, all of which tested fine; so the circuit itself is good. Says the problem is on one of my routers.

During the test they did see packets being discarded for being over the rate limit of the circuit. I've got a map applied to the interface (on both routers) which I think is limiting the in/out bandwidth. Here is what I had applied to the routers interfaces:

!
map-class frame-relay 1466_1466
frame-relay cir 1466000
frame-relay bc 14660
frame-relay mincir 1466000
!

Then I tried this after seeing packets still being dropped (I put the rate WAY far down just to prove a point to myself):

!
map-class frame-relay T1
frame-relay cir 700000
frame-relay bc 12000
frame-relay be 0
frame-relay mincir 350000
!

Still dropping packets (don't know why).

Do these maps look ok for a T1? And is there something I can do with FECN/BECN to try to alleviate this issue?
Well first I'd check with your ISP to make sure you are correctly configured for 1.5Mb pipe on thier end. Second I'd reconfigure your FRTS parameters.

Here are some links to help you out:
»www.cisco.com/warp/publi ··· 21.shtml

»www.internetworkexpert.c ··· 0368.htm

Remember to verify your config by doing "show traffic shape"