page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 ... 10 · 11 · 12 · next

Pretorious
Theres more behind the pic than the wall
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-08
kudos:1

13 recommendations

[FYI] Our Pet Memorial Thread

Peachez 1992-2007 Taken a week before she passed.

EASTMAN KODAK CX4300 DIGITAL CAMERA
7.6mm 1/30th F3.5 ISO140

Mac 1997-2006 He was very sick here at the time of this picture.
Since so many of our family "pet" members have passed away over the years and we all love to photograph them throughout their lives, I've spoken with tmpchaos See Profile about starting a thread dedicated particularly to them, one that will remain open (no denial of posting because the thread is too old) for everyone who wishes to post images of their deceased pets in honor, love, and remembrance of them.
It's a terrible and sad time for not only us but them in suffering and aging as well and this thread is dedicated to each and every one of them that are posted here. Consider it a small portion of our thanks in return to them for all of the happy, wonderful joyous days and years of love they unconditionally gave us, you might say they gave us every single day of their lives. So if you've lost a pet, love it and miss it as bad as I do ours, please post it here.
RIP my loving friends!

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
--
My other Gallery
And yet another

richdelb
Go Hawks Go
Premium
join:2003-01-22
Algonquin, IL

1 recommendation

I think that this is an outstanding idea !!

gugarci
Premium
join:2004-02-25
Lyndhurst, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

5 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
FUJIFILM FinePix E550
7.2mm 1/60th F2.8 ISO100

Click for full size
Click for full size
We got Cookie from the shelter 4 years ago. Cookie was a very sweet dog and probably the world friendliest Beagle. I never had a dog when I was a kid and got her for the family so my boys would experience the love of a pet. I always kid my wife that if someone broke into the house she would go up to them wag her tail and want to play.

We had to rush Cookie to the hospital this past weekend after a bout with diarrhea and some vomiting. After running many test we were told that her kidneys were failing and shutting down. Cookie was only 6 years old and we don't know why this happened and will probably never know. We were told she could of eaten something toxic, or it could have develop early in her life from a generic defect. We had to put her to rest on 4-17-08.
We will all miss her very much. Goodbye my friend, someday I will see you again.
»Goodbye Cookie, we will never forget you.

Skippy916
I'll see you soon Sadie and Molly
Premium
join:2003-09-17
North Richland Hills, TX

6 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
95mm 1/640th F3.2 ISO800

Sadie 1996-2007
Click for full size
Canon EOS 30D
70mm 1/1250th F5.6 ISO400

Molly 2007-2008
Thanks for starting this post, Pretorious. I think this will help a lot of people.

Sadie was my best friend of almost 11 years and I lost her last year. I got Molly 2 months later, too soon I found out, but I grew to love her the same. I had her for 1 year and 1 week to the day when I lost her this past Sunday. She was only 14 months old. I miss them both dearly.
--
Love your pet like there's no tomorrow. R.I.P. Sadie and Molly

bolt
End of the line DSL sucks.
Premium
join:2003-11-11
Charlestown, IN

6 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
Click for full size
This is Candy. She was a foundling. Our area lies it on the edge of an area where people dump animals they don't want. Candy was found in this area. She had a fractured fibula and she was severely malnourished. We took her to three vets before we found one that would try to heal her instead just wanting to put her to sleep. She was with us for 14 years before we lost her to pancreatic cancer. The hell of it is, she died while we were away. That was hard for both the wife and I. She died December 14,1998.
--
bolt

»www.boltweb.com

Paula
Premium
join:2000-10-12
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:2

1 edit

7 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
WENDY
This is Wendy. You may have noticed her as my avatar for 8 years now. We lost her last August. We had her for 15 years and we really feel the void.
--
Bidden or unbidden, He is always present.

HotRodFoto
Premium
join:2003-04-19
Denver, CO

5 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
KONICA MAXXUM 5D
120mm 1/320th F5.6 ISO125

It's been a mere 2 weeks as of today since my parents lost their dog Cody....he will forever be missed......and brught us so much love and happiness. We'll see you and Sam soon. We miss & love you
--
Capturing the images of Colorado
»jdebordphoto.com

sykocus
Watashi Wa Shashin O Toru Ga Suki Desu
Premium
join:2002-11-21
Guam, USA

1 edit

5 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
NIKON D70s
75mm 1/160th F8 ISO200

Barely a year old, struck by a car on my very quiet road. There are maybe 5 homes past mine and they the street ends at someone's driveway. I don't know who did it, and I probably never will. It breaks me heart to see another beagle posted.

Skippy916
I'll see you soon Sadie and Molly
Premium
join:2003-09-17
North Richland Hills, TX

4 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
Canon EOS 30D
34mm 2s F8 ISO100

Click for full size
Canon EOS 30D
47mm 1/30th F10 ISO400

I chose to have both Sadie and Molly cremated so I could always have them in my life. I feel it helped tremendously in the healing process. I also want to say how sorry I am for everyone's loss who's posted here already and to those who may post in the future.
--
Love your pet like there's no tomorrow. R.I.P. Sadie and Molly

Pretorious
Theres more behind the pic than the wall
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-08
reply to Pretorious
^^^What Skippy916 See Profile said!^^^ It is so sad to see so many of our great friends that have had to leave us. To all of them, all who have posted here and all that post to this thread in the future, I wish you peace.

buttoni
Premium
join:2005-08-16
Temple, TX

5 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
This is Pepper. She was my heart dog. She had epilepsy that was controlled well with anti-seizure meds for 7 years. Then she had a grand mal type seizure and died. Prettiest dachshund out of 7 I ever had. Miss her so much I switched breeds (Rat Terriers)because I just couldn't bear to have another dachsie that would remind me of her daily.
--
WinXP Home SP2; 512MB ram; FX 2.0.0.8; Comodo 3.0; Avast 4.7; CounterSpy 2.5;

Maccawolf
Premium
join:2001-02-20
Hillsdale, NJ

1 edit

7 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
This thread is such a WONDERFUL idea!. (although now my co-workers are wondering why I'm crying).

When I get home I will upload some of my beautiful Crockett who was 18 when I lost him in Jan....

I was his slave for 12 wonderful years, and I miss him terribly!

jadinolf
I love you Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

4 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
Fred Adinolf who came to live with me for over 11 years. He was the love of my life and left me on March 3, 2008.

Oh, Fred, I miss you so much.
--
This post printed on 100% recycled bytes

mm
I Did It My Way
Premium
join:2001-04-07
Summerville, SC

5 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
NIKON E5700
15.7mm 1/63th F3.2 ISO100

Click for full size
NIKON E5700
8.9mm 1/455th F7.1 ISO100

This was Max. He was 10 when we had to put him down. He was my third collie. I really miss him.

richdelb
Go Hawks Go
Premium
join:2003-01-22
Algonquin, IL

5 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
50mm 1/60th F4 ISO400

This is Patches. She passed back in October of 2006.

siouxie
I've got the Steel City Blues

join:2005-08-18
Ontario

4 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
This is Tigs, my sons cat who passed in August 2002 aged 16, slipping quietly away curled up under the bed. She loved to sleep with her paws around my son's neck and her head resting on his shoulder.. a loving comfort to him in times of trouble.

Her sister (my cat) Holly passed on Feb 14th 2000 falling asleep on the stairs and never waking up again, after suffering 2 bouts of breast cancer the 3rd finally got her.

I don't have any decent pictures on my computer at the moment, when I scan some in I will post them; in the meantime a small one snapped by my son (on his phone) as Tigs sat sunning herself by the window.

We miss them both so very much.
--
I have bad habits...

Just Rachel
occasional optimist
Premium
join:2003-07-10

3 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
This is a wonderful thread, though it makes me sad. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that realizes pets are part of our family...I thought maybe I was a strange one.

You all have some beautiful family members.

RonS
Madm0nke
Premium
join:2000-06-19
Dayton, OH

4 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

Tookie
Click for full size
EASTMAN KODAK EASYSHARE DX3700 Digital Camera
1/30th F3.3 ISO140

Shadow
Click for full size
EASTMAN KODAK Z740 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
6.3mm 1/60th F2.8 ISO80

Rosie
Rosie's passing hit me really hard. She was always a sickly cat but she had a great personality. She would always walk over to me and pat me on the shoulder to pick her up or pet her. One morning our daughter said 'Something is wrong with Rosie. She is bleeding from her nose." I knew there was nothing to do for her when I went into the bathroom and saw her staggering to try to come to me. So I picked her up and put her in her favorite sleeping place. An hour later I checked on her and she had went peacefully in her sleep. I am not ashamed to admit I cried for an hour or more afterwards.
--
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves. - Abraham Lincoln

Brainless
Premium
join:2000-12-15
Nicholasville, KY

5 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

Timmy

Click for full size
EASTMAN KODAK Z7590 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
36mm 1/160th F3.2 ISO140

Timothy T or Timmy Tunes

He enjoyed calling one of my other birds (Maxwell) a butthead. He would yell at the dogs to stop barking or playing too rough. He would tell you when he was low on food or water. He had such a vocabulary, and really knew what he was saying. He wasent just talking to talk. When I would start to get upset with something, he would say "Damn IT!" Then we would both laugh. When I left for work each night he would say "Goodby" as I walked out the door. I miss that now. I have been trying to wrap my head around this for a couple months now. One day, my wife forgot to lock his cage after refilling his water dish. A simple thing. I dont blame her. We all get distracted at times. Timmy opened his door and got out when I was in bed asleep and the wife was at work. When I got up all that was left was a pile of feathers. One of our dogs had got him. I keep telling myself, dogs do what dogs do. But I cant help think of what he must have went through during the attack. I guess thats just the part I cant wrap my head around. Its been about two months now. His feathers are buried in a quiet corner of the garden. I remember seeing a robin land in the yard as my wife was putting his remains to rest. It was the first robin of the year.

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA
kudos:40

5 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

Re: [FYI] Our Pet Memorial Thread

Click for full size
109mm 1/60th F5.6 ISO400

This is my sweet Buttons. I look forward to the day when we meet again. And here is her final resting spot. Look at the links in my sig for more pictures & videos.
--
RIP my baby Buttons 1/15/94-2/9/07 Buttons, Buttons video

Sledhed
Eamus Catuli
Premium
join:2005-01-19
Crete, IL

6 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

Canon EOS-1D Mark II N
400mm 1/640th F2.8 ISO800

This was one thread I was not looking forward to contributing too!

We had to put Josh, our Shepherd mix, down this morning. We found out 8 months ago that he had two cancerous tumors in his snout. The tumors had grown so large that they were bulging his nose and top of his head and pushing on his eyes so he was losing his sight.

We got Josh 12 years ago from the Humane Society when he was about 10 weeks old. He loved to play frisbee and lay on the porch to watch the world go by. He was my best friend and will be missed by all that knew him.

Goodbye JOSH!

gordoco

join:2004-06-05
Boulder, CO

5 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

Morgul

Click for full size
OLYMPUS C2100UZ
8mm 1/30th F2.8 ISO100

PENTAX K10D
77mm 1/90th F2 ISO140

This is Morgul, who passed away peacefully today at the age of 17. I got her along with one of her sisters in 1991 when they were about 5 weeks old. I could hold both of them in one hand!

The first picture, taken 6 years ago, is one of my favorites. The second was taken one month ago, before her health rapidly deteriorated.

I will miss that mischievous little kitty! Now her sister has rule of the house.

MrFixitCT
pay it forward
Premium,VIP,ExMod 2001-06
join:2000-12-01
Charleston, SC
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
·Home Telephone
·AT&T DSL Service

1 edit

4 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

Click for full size
Vixen, sent to that better place last weekend after 14+ years due to the onset of congestive heart failure, failing kidney and respiratory distress. My companion thru good and bad, even before I met MrsFixit. She is missed
Expand your moderator at work

Owlbet
Ignite the Ice
Premium,MVM
join:2002-09-24
Palmer, AK

4 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

Click for full size
Rockefeller P. Ridgeback 11/03/1995 - 05/28/2003
Rocky was adopted as a puppy from Anchorage Animal Control. He was a Rhodesian Ridgeback mix and canine osteosarcoma (bone cancer) claimed his life. He was cremated and his ashes sit nearby in a cedar box.

He was the smartest dog I've ever had the pleasure of being owned by. His greatest pleasure in life was the weekly theft of the Sunday paper from the office across the street.

His favorite commands were "Get the paper!" and "Get the mouse!". Till we meet again......

Maccawolf
Premium
join:2001-02-20
Hillsdale, NJ

2 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
It's amazing how much these aminals rule our lives.

Still, I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!!!1

Sweet Witch
Be the flame, not the moth.
Premium,MVM
join:2003-07-15
Gallifrey

6 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
This is my Moe. She was born into my hand along with her brothers after I took in their stray mother.

She got tired of Mummy taking her picture when she was trying to sleep

Trying to ignore me taking pictures

She was never one for thunderstorms and the lump on my bed usually told of thunder before I even heard it.

EASTMAN KODAK CX7430 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
7mm 1/60th F3

Her usual place during a storm

She loved watching the world go by from my bedroom window as she aged. I fed birds and squirrels so she'd have some excitement.

13.5mm 1/90th F4.1

Watching the squirrels and birds

She preferred a small, dark sleeping place and would pester me most mornings to make her 'apartment' for her from a frame I made with dowels and my fleece throws. Some days she was inside, some days she was on the roof.

10.8mm 1/90th F4

On the roof of her 'apartment'

Moe left me one early morning last September. She was 18 and in pain from her hips. She went out one morning and just never came back from the woods behind the house. I was a wreck until about a week later when I had a dream. I was driving on an unknown road when I saw her on the side of the road. I managed to catch her and bring her with me, but when we got back to my house, she told me she was happy where she was, didn't hurt anymore, and she loved me. I begged her to give me just one more hour, but she couldn't so I let her go.

She was a giant chicken, not warming to many others, and she was my baby. It's been strange not being constantly mindful of needing her food, cleaning her litter, remaking the apartment, after 18 years of it. And I know she understood many phrases. I always talked to her in plain English and she could tell me which flavor food she was in the mood for, when she was complaining and I said "I'll be there in two minutes" she's quiet down, if I said "downstairs", she'd head right down to wait for me. There are too many examples to write, but I know she understood me. I'll get another cat someday.
--
"While you can teach an old dog new tricks, you simply can't teach him to be a cat."

"Are you my Mummy?"

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
join:2001-02-26
David R.I.P.
kudos:21

4 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
Miss You JuJu!!

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

6 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
My boating buddy passed away last year and I still can't bring myself to get another pooch.

He was 17 though and had a good life.
--
~~Get our troops home...now!!~~

IPingUPing
N4BFR
Premium
join:2002-08-30
Atlanta, GA

5 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

Bart

Bart
Bart passed in May, I had in for 16 years and 4 states. These are my favorite pics of him.