uniqs

martg
join:2005-11-19
South UK

6 recommendations

martg to Pretorious

to Pretorious

Re: [FYI] Our Pet Memorial Thread

This is Judy, our Labrador/Collie cross. A good girl that was with us for 17 years. She was awful as a puppy and would wreck a room overnight. I almost got rid of her at one time but changed my mind when it came to doing it. Then, one day, she almost magically settled down. From that point she was my friend.

When I went self-employed, she travelled everywhere with me. She acted as a guard dog for the televisions and video recorders I was transporting in the car. In actual fact though, she was so soft she wouldn't have stopped any thief ...but they weren't to know that. So many good memories and incidents I could write about and although she died many years ago, I still think of her sometimes. I kept her collar and lead.

martg

5 recommendations

martg to Pretorious

to Pretorious
This is Danny with Charlie sitting on his back. The photo would have been taken in the early 1960s. Danny was a good old beloved family dog who was around throughout my teenage years and into early my twenties. He had rather a sad end but that's a long story. I say he was the family dog and that is true but his main allegiance was to my Dad. Danny went everywhere with him.

Danny suffered Charlie sitting on his back under duress. Just outside of that shot was my Dad with a finger pointing at Danny saying "Don't you move" and sure enough he never would. That world has long gone now but fondly remembered.

We had a string of Budgies over my growing up years. All met with some fate or other. It might be thought that Budgies love you but given the chance of a carelessly left open window or door, they will go. Such was the fate of this one. A sad time when it happened.

GeekGirl1
Premium Member
join:2007-01-28
Morrisville, PA

GeekGirl1 to TopShelf

Premium Member

to TopShelf
So sorry for your loss. He knew it was time and wanted to let you know it was OK.

Hawk
Premium Member
join:2003-08-25

Hawk to Pretorious

Premium Member

to Pretorious
So very sorry for your loss.
tlbepson
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
dc metro

tlbepson to TopShelf

Premium Member

to TopShelf
I'm so very sorry...you did him a kindness...

Kathy_9
Premium Member
join:2005-05-15
Cloud 9

3 recommendations

Kathy_9 to TopShelf

Premium Member

to TopShelf
So sorry for your loss. You loved Riley when it was most important and kept him from suffering.

TopShelf
join:2010-06-25
·GCI

9 recommendations

TopShelf to Pretorious

to Pretorious
Click for full size
Canon PowerShot S5 IS
10.2mm 1/80th F3.2 ISO200

Riley 05/24/2009 - 09/01/2021
It's been more than a dozen years since my last memorial post.

»Re: [FYI] Our Pet Memorial Thread

Two days after Mason's death we couldn't stand this house one more minute without a dog in it. Fate was with us on that Sunday. There was an ad on Craigslist for Boxer puppies. Mind you, I'm not a fan of backyard breeders, but we got lucky with this one.

Anyway, we adopted this beautiful creature and named him Riley and he lived the Life of Riley. From day one this dog was happy and healthy.

In June, he had a soft tissue sarcoma removed from his left side. It was a type of cancer not known to spread.

Forward to 3:50 am on September 1, 2021....Riley had a massive seizure on my garage floor. I called the vet as soon as they were open and a few hours later consulted with the vet. It could be anything from epilepsy to a brain tumor. The vet said would it be worth it to spend the money for an MRI and surgery only to get two more months. He didn't really need to tell us that. The spouse and I knew that if he had one seizure surely others would follow and made the decision that if there was a second seizure, we would euthanize. We left the vet's office to head home. On the trip home and not more than a mile from the vet's office Riley had his second seizure. We headed back to the vet clinic and did the humane thing and let Riley go.

There will never be another dog like him. Till we meet at the rainbow bridge, go hang out with those before you as they were great dogs too.

Love you, Riley!
tlbepson
Premium Member
dc metro

1 recommendation

tlbepson to wth

Premium Member

to wth
So very sorry...he lived a lovely life with you and you did him a kindness...

Hawk
Premium Member

1 recommendation

Hawk to wth

Premium Member

to wth
Beautiful soul. So sorry for your loss.

GeekGirl1
Premium Member
Morrisville, PA

1 recommendation

GeekGirl1 to wth

Premium Member

to wth
So sorry for your loss. He had a very long life.

His brother, which you posted about on page 14 of this thread, is the spitting image of my first pet - mentioned at the top of page 14 and also passed away at 17 years with kidney failure (many years earlier).
wth
Premium Member
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA

6 recommendations

wth to Pretorious

Premium Member

to Pretorious
Click for full size
samsung SM-G935V
4.2mm 1/10th F1.7 ISO1000

Solomon
Click for full size
Panasonic PV-SD4090
11.1mm 1/79th F3.9

Solomon & Samson
Solomon 2000 to 6-17-2021

His life with us started in the summer of 2001, when we "bailed" him out of the Iowa City Animal Shelter. We were told he was about 1 - 1.5 years old when we adopted him. He was very friendly, as he would jump up onto about anybody's lap within a couple of minutes. We never allowed him to roam, and he was content inside at a warm spot in the house and with sunlight shining upon him. He never liked riding in a car, and the only trips he made were to the vet for shots or a teeth cleaning. Speaking of teeth, he had all of his teeth up to his time of crossing the rainbow bridge. Over the past 4 years, a slow downhill kidney failure caught up with him, to the point where we knew it was time for him to join his "brother" of 17 years, who is posted on page 14 of this topic, dated 1-12-2019.

EGeezer
Premium Member
join:2002-08-04
Midwest

8 recommendations

EGeezer to Kathy_9

Premium Member

to Kathy_9
Tasha was reportedly born on 9/11/2001. She had belonged to (as much as cats can 'belong to') my brother-in-law. When he died from pancreatic cancer a few years ago, she went to my wife's Mom and immediately became a part of her life. Up until couple of days before we all took her to the vet, Tasha could jump up on the table, couch, bed etc. and seemed quite content and interested in her daily routines and assistance with computers, remotes, meals and all. However she had a distended abdomen which the vet said was a fast growing cancerous tumor.

Too often doing the right thing is the hardest, but Mom made the choice.

GeekGirl1
Premium Member
Morrisville, PA

3 recommendations

GeekGirl1 to Pretorious

Premium Member

to Pretorious
I'm so sorry for your loss. She lived a very long and productive life.

Chuck22
Premium Member
join:2003-11-10
Salt Lake City, UT

3 recommendations

Chuck22 to Pretorious

Premium Member

to Pretorious
So very sorry--my condolences.

Hawk
Premium Member

3 recommendations

Hawk to EGeezer

Premium Member

to EGeezer
A beautiful little soul. So very sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, Tasha.
16240512 (banned)
join:2021-04-20

2 recommendations

16240512 (banned) to EGeezer

to EGeezer
she had a great life!
so sorry for your loss :c

Kathy_9
Premium Member
Cloud 9

3 recommendations

Kathy_9 to EGeezer

Premium Member

to EGeezer
It's especially hard when you've had one that long. I lost one 4 years ago who was 20 years and 3 months old when he passed.
tlbepson
Premium Member
dc metro

3 recommendations

tlbepson to EGeezer

Premium Member

to EGeezer
I'm so sorry...it sounds like not only did she live a long life but an extra special one at that...

EGeezer
Premium Member
join:2002-08-04
Midwest

11 recommendations

EGeezer to Pretorious

Premium Member

to Pretorious
Click for full size
Motorola XT1080
4.4mm 1/28th F2.4 ISO640

Tasha
Tasha, 2001-2021. Lived life to the fullest. Computer and TV remote assistant. Helped with household chores and reading the newspaper.

Lived well until today. She will be missed.
tlbepson
Premium Member
dc metro

1 recommendation

tlbepson to bjf123

Premium Member

to bjf123
So very sorry...they were lovely kitties...

GeekGirl1
Premium Member
Morrisville, PA

1 recommendation

GeekGirl1 to Pretorious

Premium Member

to Pretorious
Sorry for your loss.

Chuck22
Premium Member
join:2003-11-10
Salt Lake City, UT

2 recommendations

Chuck22 to bjf123

Premium Member

to bjf123
Condolences. Their love for you as well as each other remains...

Hawk
Premium Member

1 recommendation

Hawk to bjf123

Premium Member

to bjf123
So sorry for your loss.

bjf123
We Want... A Shrubbery
Premium Member
join:2000-02-11
Hamilton, OH

8 recommendations

bjf123 to jaykaykay

Premium Member

to jaykaykay
Click for full size
We lost these two within a few weeks of each other. They really were kind of boyfriend/ girlfriend. Emma, the black and white one went first. We think she had a stroke as she lost some function in her back legs and her balance was way off. The vet looked at her and didn’t think anything could be done so we had her put down in late October.

Mo, the orange one, had always been a little chunky, but started to slowly lose weight about a year ago and got back to a healthy weight for awhile. He then kept losing weight but the vet didn’t find anything wrong. After Emma passed, he went downhill rapidly and stopped eating. He passed on his own about two weeks later. I’m sure not having Emma around was a big contributing factor.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

5 recommendations

jaykaykay to Kathy_9

MVM

to Kathy_9
As will I, hopefully some day. I am getting pretty old myself to begin again, but the love they provide leaves a deep hallow in the heart when they're gone. They give and give and rarely ask for anything in return. Blessed are all the animals, especially those who are gone.

Kathy_9
Premium Member
Cloud 9

3 recommendations

Kathy_9 to Hawk

Premium Member

to Hawk
So sorry for your loss. Been there, done that and hate the feeling but I'd do it all again for the love they provide.

Hawk
Premium Member

9 recommendations

Hawk to Pretorious

Premium Member

to Pretorious
Click for full size
Any little ray of sunshine peering through an open window, you would find my little Rainbow. She fit in the palm of my hand when we rescued her 15 years ago. A little ball of fur with big ears and long legs. I fell in love when she looked at me with those big green eyes. You will always have a place in my broken heart. Rest in peace baby girl.
Hawk

1 recommendation

Hawk to tim_k

Premium Member

to tim_k
So sorry, Tim.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

5 recommendations

jaykaykay to Pretorious

MVM

to Pretorious
I've come by again, year after year, to share the love that you all, and myself, have given to those whom we loved. It doesn't get any easier to see all those beloved furry and feathered friends pass, but sadly, it is part of life. The older I get, the more that hits home to me. I cannot list all of you for whom I am responding at the moment, but please know that the lives lost are still very much never really lost. We all are given those fabulous memories. God bless all those who have passed.

Kathy_9
Premium Member
Cloud 9

1 recommendation

Kathy_9 to tim_k

Premium Member

to tim_k
So very sorry for your loss.