Premium
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

2 recommendations

reply to richdelb

Re: [FYI] Our Pet Memorial Thread

I hear and feel your pain.I lost my cat last year.Had to put him to sleep last spring .He was only 3 /4 years old.It still hurts as much today.
He looks just like my Sam except Sam was all orange.
You can see him here;»[FYI] Our Pet Memorial Thread
Just scroll down the page about half way.

richdelb
Go Hawks Go
Premium
join:2003-01-22
Algonquin, IL

1 recommendation

reply to richdelb

It's only been a little over a week... and I miss my cat so much. =(

richdelb
Go Hawks Go
Premium
join:2003-01-22
Algonquin, IL

2 edits

4 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

Click for full size
Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
38mm 1/60th F4 ISO100

It is with amazing sadness and emptiness that I must say goodbye to my best friend, Rascal. He was with me for 16 years but cancer got him in the end. I am overwhelmed with grief and sadness. This picture was taken just hours before he died. This really sucks very badly. (sorry I didn't re-size this shot... too sad)

My house is so empty with him gone. = (

Rich

Bryon
This space for rent
Premium
join:2001-07-23
Speedway, IN

1 recommendation

reply to Pretorious

Click for full size
littermates
Click for full size
The spirit and zeal of LuLu
Click for full size
LuLu
Click for full size
A tender moment
Pardon the redundancy- I had posted this in the gallery previously.

We bred our Vizsla, Rosie last spring which produced a 9 pup litter in the summer. It was a wonderful experience for our family. We also enjoy "Red Dog Rodeo" playdates with the local families who have our pups.

Sadly, last week we were notified that LuLu had died of Parvo virus. And while I'm saddened by the loss, my heart goes out to LuLu's family (I see the children daily at school and their mother is a colleague of mine). My hope for their family is that after a period of grief, they look into some Vizsla rescue groups. They need a V in their lives, and I know there's a dog that needs them.

Thank you for the friendship and support I've received from the BBR community over the years!
--
Free Tibet now! Free beer tomorrow...

Bryon
This space for rent
Premium
join:2001-07-23
Speedway, IN
reply to simplykristi

Re: Tinkerbell - June 2002 to January 2010

Such terrible news. So sorry for your loss...
--
Free Tibet now! Free beer tomorrow...

MrsFixitSC
IvVe Got A License To Chill
Premium
join:2001-12-09
Moncks Corner, SC
reply to Pretorious

Oh, Kristi...on top of everything else...I am SOO sorry to hear this...I'm thinking of you.... 3

badd
Premium
join:2001-10-04
De Queen, AR
kudos:1
reply to simplykristi

Re: Tinkerbell - June 2002 to January 2010

So sorry to hear that Tinkerbell crossed the Rainbow Bridge, she was one of a kind for sure.
--
In every life, it's hard to learn: "Which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn"

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
reply to simplykristi

said by simplykristi:

Hi All,
I lost my beloved Tinkerbell earlier tonight.

She was a major/popular Helix topic - so just like family!

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to simplykristi

Kristi, I can't imagine what you are going through right now. Many here "knew" Tink pretty well from all of the crazy photos you posted of her and do share in your loss. Even my kids would ask about her from time to time. You've shown yourself to be a pretty strong person with all that's happened over the last year or so. It's never easy and always hard, but you'll come through this in time. There are a lot of people on this site alone that really are here for you, even if all of them don't always seem to show it.

simplykristi
Cancer Sucks
Premium
join:2001-11-28
Blue Springs, MO

5 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

Click for full size
Canon PowerShot G9
44mm 1/60th F4.8 ISO200

Tinkerbell's Last Photo - September 2009
Hi All,
I lost my beloved Tinkerbell earlier tonight. She was in her kennel and I went to check on her. To my horror, Tinker was having a massive seizure. Tinker died in my loving arms. I am devastated to say the least.

Kristi
--
My Photo Gallery: »www.simplykristi.smugmug.com/

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA
kudos:40

2 recommendations

reply to jrs8084

Our sincere condolences.

jrs8084
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Statesville, NC
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

1 edit

4 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

Jitters
Click for full size
SONY DSC-F828
12mm 1/50th F2.2 ISO64

Jitters (1999-2009)

Jitters passed on Monday, 23 November 09. Diabetes had robbed him of his vision, but he still managed quite well. Like all pets, he was wonderful in his own special way. His personality will surely be missed.

A quick story:

I came home from work on Friday, and my friend said something was wrong with Jitters. Being diabetic, it was not uncommon for his blood sugar to get out of whack, and he would have ups and downs. I had become accustomed to this. He appeared fine to me, and still eagerly wanted to go on his walk. But, he kept wanting to go further. . away. I ended up having to carry him home. Something was wrong.

Now, on a side-note, we keep (electric) candles in the windows during the holidays. In the back bedroom, we leave the candle in all year. My friend always claimed that the light represented the spirit of another pet that passed (a border collie who took on Jitters as her pup-she was alpha female). It was always soothing to sit in that room at night with that light.

Now, on the same Friday night, that light went out after 3 years of continuous operation. And, over the weekend Jitters had his ups and downs. After a rough Saturday morning, he rebounded and got his energy back. He even gobbled up turkey from a pre-Thanksgiving meal. He enjoyed Saturday evening sitting in front of the fireplace while listening to Christmas music. But, his renewed health was short-lived.

On Sunday, I went to relamp that light. Now, I am a pretty mechanically inclined guy-let's just put it this way: no amount of bulbs or fuses were going to make that candle light. Then I knew: it was time. I turned to supportive care for Jitters, and he died peacefully at home on Monday morning.

And guess what, that lamp is again burning brightly.

Thought I would share that with you all.

legendNYC
Premium
join:2003-06-04
Jamaica, NY

2 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

Kirby
Kirby (2000 - 2009).
Our first pet is a parakeet, Kirby. He is the best pet. He goes to bed at night without a fuss and he is always pleasant company.

Maccawolf
Premium
join:2001-02-20
Hillsdale, NJ
reply to usa2k

Don't know what to say except how sorry I am!
--
Mom and Crockett...... I miss you both!

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
reply to tim_k

Poor baby! I am certain there are many a great memories.
Rest in peace now Bows.

Jodokast96
Premium
Erial, NJ
reply to tim_k

Sorry to hear this again so soon Tim.

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA
kudos:40

7 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

Click for full size
young Bows
Click for full size
OLYMPUS C4100Z,C4000Z
9.6mm 1/50th F2.8 ISO100

Bows b-day 2007
Click for full size
OLYMPUS C4100Z,C4000Z
8.2mm 1/40th F2.8 ISO100

Bows last year
Three Shelties in three years.

Tonight we said goodbye to our beloved Bows. In her last years she had lots of trouble with arthritis and skin infections. I felt so sorry for her seeing all the sores on her skin. We did everything in our power to help her, but the problems still became worst. Over the past few weeks she had a harder and harder time getting around. I'd help her to her feet and carry her in and out of the house as required. Tonight something happened. She could hardly move her one leg, it seemed she had no control over the lower part and she was very agitated. She kept trying to move about but kept falling. We took her to the ER, on the way she stayed agitated the whole way. It seemed she could not get comfortable. At the ER, the Vet said she lost circulation in the one leg and she found some parts of her shoulder that didn't feel right. She wanted to do x-rays and bloodwork but I asked her what are our options in the best case. The best options she gave us appeared to mean weeks of pain for Bows. We decided to let her go. We got a few more minutes to say goodbye and then we held her as the Vet sent her to the bridge. Bows was never the same after Buttons died and now she is happily playing with her once again. You girls have fun until I meet up with you again.
--
RIP my babys Buttons 1/15/94-2/9/07 & Beamer 7/24/08, Buttons, Buttons video, Beamer

TigerNutz
Laissez les bons temps rouler
Premium
join:2000-12-23
Little Rock, AR

5 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

Click for full size
NIKON D80
18mm 1/80th +0.3ev F6.3 ISO250

RIP my friend.
This is Rusty, the son of my Rex whom I lost last Feb.

He passed on last week.

The pet of my parents, he was a deeply loved member of our family.

A very sweet dog, he will be missed greatly.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24

1 recommendation

reply to Pretorious

Bless you all who have lost family members. I've been there and know how it feels. The chunk of lonliness that is felt is something that is almost palpable.

nyteeyes1
RIP my beloved spook 1991 to 8-2-08
Premium
join:2001-09-07
Jacksonville, FL

2 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

Just wanted to post that's officially been 1 year ago as of today that my Spook passed away..she was posted on page 3 of this thread.

Not a day has gone by over the year that her name has not been mentioned by someone in the family.

We all miss her greatly still. We had a little memorial for her today by her little gravesite in our backyard and placed an appropriate white rose on her headstone.

In irony, the last two weeks the hubby and I have mentioned possibly getting another cat. Today we were on the boat with our neighbors and we mentioned that we were going to have the memorial for Spook, and they asked if we wanted a kitten.

Turns out, one of the stray cats around here had kittens over by their house but abandoned 2 kitties at birth and they nursed them and raised them. They are now 4 months old..they will be keeping 1 kitten. I didn't even know they had the kittens..so now other than the costs..I'm weighing whether or not I am really ready to add another kitty.

I just found it odd the way this worked out.

But I really do miss my Spook, can't believe it's been a year already.

Thanks all.
--
You only get one life.
There’s no God, no rules, no judgments.
Except for those you accept or create for yourself.
And once it’s over,
It’s over.
Dreamless sleep forever and ever.
So why not be happy while you’re here?
Really.
Why not?

Owlbet
Ignite the Ice
Premium,MVM
join:2002-09-24
Palmer, AK

1 recommendation

reply to RonS

I'm so sorry for your loss, Ron.

Jodokast96
Premium
Erial, NJ

2 recommendations

reply to RonS

Our family weeps with you.

Maccawolf
Premium
join:2001-02-20
Hillsdale, NJ

1 recommendation

reply to Pretorious

That's what I did with my twelve yo Mal before Crockett. I thought it was cruel to amputate his leg. it would have been different if he were a puppy, but at that age, I just think it's too cruel!
--
Mom and Crockett...... I miss you both!

RonS
Madm0nke
Premium
join:2000-06-19
Dayton, OH

6 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

We had to help Gunner over the Rainbow Bridge this morning. Even the Vet agreed it would be better than putting him through Amputation of his leg and all the treatments for Bone Cancer.

He would have been 13 next month...

Gunner July 1996 - June 16, 2009

--
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

Fishead1
Premium
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY
reply to AtlGuy

I'm sorry for your loss.Its no different then losing a loved one in your family.
It will take time to heal your wounds but it will always hurt when you remember things you did with him or old photos and the joy he bought into your life.

AtlGuy

join:2000-10-17
Marietta, GA

1 edit

6 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

Click for full size
EASTMAN KODAK EASYSHARE DX3700 Digital Camera
1/30th F3.3 ISO140

Feb 10, 1994 - May 29, 2009
I had to make the very hard decision to let go, saying goodbye to my wonderful dog and best bud Skitso. He had arthritis for 3-4 years, but it definitely got much worse within the last year.

It finally got to the point the last 3 days where his worst arthritic leg would give out, and he would fall. He would be unable to get himself up, and I would have to help. Today at 5pm, he went to sleep for the last time as I told him how much I loved him, and how he wouldn't be in pain anymore.

I miss him immensely, and the house already feels empty without him here.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24

4 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

For those of you who post in this thread, I just want you to know that others shed tears for your loss.

Owlbet
Ignite the Ice
Premium,MVM
join:2002-09-24
Palmer, AK

5 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

Click for full size
Canon PowerShot A70
5.4mm 1/60th F2.8

Mason aka MayMay 06/14/2003 - 05/22/2009
Ten days ago Mason ballooned up with fluid in his abdomen. Vet suspected heart failure and ordered tests. Ultrasound showed nothing out of the ordinary with his heart. Yesterday, Mason had exploratory surgery; pancreas and liver showed irreparable abnormalities. Mason never fully awakened from the anesthesia. He peacefully crossed the Rainbow Bridge in the early hours of this day. He was only six years old. I'm heartbroken.

May you find Rocky Dawg and together, the both of you will finally "Get that cat".

--
Team Discovery
The Alaska Aces are the 2009 ECHL National Conference Champions.
Run the goalie, get run over by the team!

EveryName
Premium
join:2001-12-05
Montreal

2 edits

4 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

Sandy

Click for full size
Canon EOS 30D
200mm 1/125th F5 ISO320

Click for full size
Canon EOS 30D
135mm 1/50th F9 ISO320

Click for full size
Canon EOS 30D
153mm 1/80th -0.3ev F10 ISO640

Sandy on the left. Tali on the right.
Click for full size
Canon EOS 30D
85mm 1/1250th F2.8 ISO500

She was a wonderful dog. She was my best friend and roommates dog. The house feels empty now. My dog has also lost a best friend.

She was an amazingly energetic and happy dog. She travelled with us on a roadtrip in 2007 from coast to coast.

She was about 7 years old. Forever love.

Jodokast96
Premium
Erial, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

1 recommendation

reply to Maccawolf

said by Maccawolf:

Everytime I click on the updates for this thread, I say OH NO........

You're not the only one. Imagine what I just thought seeing you as the last person to post.