Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed view:
watch
Artify sign up thread!!! »
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · next

Kathy_9
Premium
join:2005-05-15
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:13

3 recommendations

reply to hayc59

Re: [FYI] Our Pet Memorial Thread

So very sorry to hear about Jack. I'm sure David will keep an eye on him for you.
--
“If you can't change your fate, change your attitude."

hayc59
Your a Daisy
Premium
join:2001-02-26
David R.I.P.
kudos:21

2 edits

3 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
Canon PowerShot A630
21mm 1/250th F3.5

For Everyone That Has Lost
A Loved One In This Thread
I Am Sorry For You And You
Are All In Nancy & My Prayers

"Our Lovely Boy Jack' R.I.P
October 9th at 11:40am a gift from above was returned
to the heavens and will be missed forever!!
10 years old RED Tabby

jchambers28

join:2007-05-12
Alma, AR
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Cricket Broadband
·AT&T Wireless Br..
reply to Dexter
said by Dexter:

Dexter had 13 good years, then went downhill fast. We had to put him down yesterday
I feel your pain I lost my dog when I was 10. I thing about her every day.

Dexter
Premium
join:2003-08-07
Beverly, MA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to jchambers28
Click for full size
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
100mm 1/500th -0.3ev F3.5 ISO500

Dexter had 13 good years, then went downhill fast. We had to put him down yesterday
--
My Pbase Gallery

jchambers28

join:2007-05-12
Alma, AR
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Cricket Broadband
·AT&T Wireless Br..
reply to Pretorious
the perfect song for the thread.

feed jake.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDKAyorx ··· Ayorx1uU

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ

2 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
This was one bad orange tabby. No dumpster cats lived under my porch when he was alive.

Kathy_9
Premium
join:2005-05-15
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:13

2 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
It breaks my heart each time I read one of these entries and I feel the pain along with each and every one of you. I'm so very sorry for your loss.
--
“If you can't change your fate, change your attitude."

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

3 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
Hewlett-Packard HP PhotoSmart 315
5.8mm 1/1th F2.8

Ranma's favorite pastime: Sleeping
I knew for some time now I'd be adding my own entry onto this thread.

It's with a heavy heart that I post my boy, Ranma. With us for 16 loving years. His last few were tough, as he had gone deaf, had bad thyroid issues, and was always congested nasally. But he kept on. I'm devastated to say the least, as I'll miss him terribly. He was my first cat "on my own". He's in a better place now, chasing lights, and being a mother cat to whoever needs him. I love ya boy!

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
moving soon
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to shimonmor
What a beautiful picture of an old friend!

shimonmor
Premium
join:2000-12-30
Sedro Woolley, WA

2 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
Click for full size
NIKON D300
105mm 1/6400th -0.6ev F2.8 ISO200

Click for full size
NIKON D300
135mm 1/640th F4 ISO200

Click for full size
We had to put Bruno down a couple of weeks ago. Saddest day of my life. He was as close to the Platonic form of "Dog-ness" as any dog. He will be missed.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy

2 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
I am so sorry for those friends whom have passed since I last checked this thread. I thank heaven every day for our household friend, and when he is gone, I know how empty we will be. I do hope that all of your memories will be those of happy times. Nothing less can compensate for their being gone.

RonS
Madm0nke
Premium
join:2000-06-19
Dayton, OH

2 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

EASTMAN KODAK Z740 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
6.3mm 1/60th F2.8 ISO140

Gypsy was 15. She was a retired breeder that we rescued in 2004. She became unresponsive last night but was still breathing. I put her in a quiet place so none of the dogs would bother her. She was still breathing when I came home from work. An hour later I checked and she was gone. She was a small, very quiet cat. She seemed to always purr even when she was sleeping.
--
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs aren't happy.

Digibits
Premium
join:2000-09-02
The Hilltop

2 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
Brutus died on June 12. He was 11 years old, a ripe old age for a Bulldog. Amazing how such a big dog (55 pounds) could be so tolerant and loving.

To say that he is missed is an understatement. The entire family was very attached to him as he was to each of us.

richdelb
Go Hawks Go
Premium
join:2003-01-22
Algonquin, IL
reply to Pretorious
How horrible to come home and find one of your cats passed like that. I am very sorry for your loss.

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium
join:2001-05-24
Houston, TX
kudos:2

4 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
R.I.P. Simon

I came home from work tonight. Greeted my kitties as usual but one was missing who always meets me at the door. Walked into the living room and there was Simon, stretched out on the floor in front of the couch. Looked like he was sleeping. I called him again and he didn't move. I reached down to pet him and he was dead. Must have died shortly after the wife and I left for work this morning because he was in full rigor.
It was quite a shock. I've had him since he was a kitten 9 years ago. He hadn't been showing any signs of being sick. He played last night and was up with us begging for food this morning as usual.
We had Simon, Garfunkel and Cecilia. Now we're down to just Garfunkel and Cecilia. The two remaining cats are a little freaked out about it. Garfunkel won't even go to the area where I found Simon. I cleaned the tile floor very well with Clorox but maybe he can still smell? There wasn't a mess, just a little drool under his head. He seems to have gone peacefully, maybe a heart attack or stroke?
Anyway, he will be greatly missed around here.

21mm 1/90th F3.2 ISO140

He was quite the ladie's man

11.5mm 1/90th F3.2 ISO80

He always kept up with his studies.

11.1mm 1/60th F3.2 ISO140

And was very modest

12.4mm 1/90th F3.2 ISO80

And just a bit silly

--
I'm right 98% of the time..... Who cares about the other 3%

RonS
Madm0nke
Premium
join:2000-06-19
Dayton, OH

1 recommendation

reply to xx
Sorry for your loss...

Run Free Godiva..

xx
Premium
join:2006-02-27
Carmichael, CA

4 recommendations

reply to jaykaykay
Click for full size
Canon PowerShot S410
7.4mm 1/320th F7.1

Godiva
I'm sad that I am using this thread to post a photo of our friend and companion for the last 13 years. Godiva has been with me on all my photo shoots/hikes and I will miss her. She had a great life and were with her when she passed of heart failure. Goodbye my true friend and companion. You will always be in our hearts.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy

2 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
Each time I check into this thread, I am stunned by how many family have passed on...and so, so saddened by each and every one. There are days when there is no way I could even look at this thread as I feel so deeply for every animal that passes on, just as I would for one of my own. Please know that my heart goes out to you all who have lost one and are now grieving every bit as much as you would for a human; and in some cases, more.
--
JKK

Age is a very high price to pay for my maturity. If I can't stay young, I can at least stay immature!

»www.pbase.com/jaykaykay

Fishead1
Premium
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

2 recommendations

reply to richdelb
I hear and feel your pain.I lost my cat last year.Had to put him to sleep last spring .He was only 3 /4 years old.It still hurts as much today.
He looks just like my Sam except Sam was all orange.
You can see him here;»[FYI] Our Pet Memorial Thread
Just scroll down the page about half way.

richdelb
Go Hawks Go
Premium
Algonquin, IL

1 recommendation

reply to richdelb
It's only been a little over a week... and I miss my cat so much. =(

richdelb
Go Hawks Go
Premium
Algonquin, IL

2 edits

4 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
38mm 1/60th F4 ISO100

It is with amazing sadness and emptiness that I must say goodbye to my best friend, Rascal. He was with me for 16 years but cancer got him in the end. I am overwhelmed with grief and sadness. This picture was taken just hours before he died. This really sucks very badly. (sorry I didn't re-size this shot... too sad)

My house is so empty with him gone. = (

Rich

Bryon
This space for rent
Premium
join:2001-07-23
Speedway, IN

1 recommendation

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
littermates
Click for full size
The spirit and zeal of LuLu
Click for full size
LuLu
Click for full size
A tender moment
Pardon the redundancy- I had posted this in the gallery previously.

We bred our Vizsla, Rosie last spring which produced a 9 pup litter in the summer. It was a wonderful experience for our family. We also enjoy "Red Dog Rodeo" playdates with the local families who have our pups.

Sadly, last week we were notified that LuLu had died of Parvo virus. And while I'm saddened by the loss, my heart goes out to LuLu's family (I see the children daily at school and their mother is a colleague of mine). My hope for their family is that after a period of grief, they look into some Vizsla rescue groups. They need a V in their lives, and I know there's a dog that needs them.

Thank you for the friendship and support I've received from the BBR community over the years!
--
Free Tibet now! Free beer tomorrow...

Bryon
This space for rent
Premium
join:2001-07-23
Speedway, IN
reply to simplykristi

Re: Tinkerbell - June 2002 to January 2010

Such terrible news. So sorry for your loss...
--
Free Tibet now! Free beer tomorrow...

MrsFixitSC
IvVe Got A License To Chill
Premium
join:2001-12-09
Moncks Corner, SC
reply to Pretorious

Oh, Kristi...on top of everything else...I am SOO sorry to hear this...I'm thinking of you.... 3

badd
Premium
join:2001-10-04
De Queen, AR
reply to simplykristi

Re: Tinkerbell - June 2002 to January 2010

So sorry to hear that Tinkerbell crossed the Rainbow Bridge, she was one of a kind for sure.
--
In every life, it's hard to learn: "Which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn"

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
moving soon
kudos:3
reply to simplykristi
said by simplykristi:

Hi All,
I lost my beloved Tinkerbell earlier tonight.

She was a major/popular Helix topic - so just like family!

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to simplykristi
Kristi, I can't imagine what you are going through right now. Many here "knew" Tink pretty well from all of the crazy photos you posted of her and do share in your loss. Even my kids would ask about her from time to time. You've shown yourself to be a pretty strong person with all that's happened over the last year or so. It's never easy and always hard, but you'll come through this in time. There are a lot of people on this site alone that really are here for you, even if all of them don't always seem to show it.

simplykristi
Cancer Sucks
Premium
join:2001-11-28
Blue Springs, MO

5 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
Canon PowerShot G9
44mm 1/60th F4.8 ISO200

Tinkerbell's Last Photo - September 2009
Hi All,
I lost my beloved Tinkerbell earlier tonight. She was in her kennel and I went to check on her. To my horror, Tinker was having a massive seizure. Tinker died in my loving arms. I am devastated to say the least.

Kristi
--
My Photo Gallery: »www.simplykristi.smugmug.com/

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA
kudos:41

2 recommendations

reply to jrs8084

Our sincere condolences.

jrs8084
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Statesville, NC
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

1 edit

4 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

Jitters
Click for full size
SONY DSC-F828
12mm 1/50th F2.2 ISO64

Jitters (1999-2009)

Jitters passed on Monday, 23 November 09. Diabetes had robbed him of his vision, but he still managed quite well. Like all pets, he was wonderful in his own special way. His personality will surely be missed.

A quick story:

I came home from work on Friday, and my friend said something was wrong with Jitters. Being diabetic, it was not uncommon for his blood sugar to get out of whack, and he would have ups and downs. I had become accustomed to this. He appeared fine to me, and still eagerly wanted to go on his walk. But, he kept wanting to go further. . away. I ended up having to carry him home. Something was wrong.

Now, on a side-note, we keep (electric) candles in the windows during the holidays. In the back bedroom, we leave the candle in all year. My friend always claimed that the light represented the spirit of another pet that passed (a border collie who took on Jitters as her pup-she was alpha female). It was always soothing to sit in that room at night with that light.

Now, on the same Friday night, that light went out after 3 years of continuous operation. And, over the weekend Jitters had his ups and downs. After a rough Saturday morning, he rebounded and got his energy back. He even gobbled up turkey from a pre-Thanksgiving meal. He enjoyed Saturday evening sitting in front of the fireplace while listening to Christmas music. But, his renewed health was short-lived.

On Sunday, I went to relamp that light. Now, I am a pretty mechanically inclined guy-let's just put it this way: no amount of bulbs or fuses were going to make that candle light. Then I knew: it was time. I turned to supportive care for Jitters, and he died peacefully at home on Monday morning.

And guess what, that lamp is again burning brightly.

Thought I would share that with you all.