Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-25
B'ham, Al.
kudos:3

2 recommendations

reply to Pretorious

OLYMPUS C4100Z,C4000Z
7.3mm 1/13th F2.8 ISO200

Sadly I have to add another name to this thread. On December 3, my sweet Noah lost his long battle with intestinal lymphoma. When he was diagnosed in April 2011, I was told to expect no more than 6 months with him. He beat the odds, and I had 19 months with him instead.

He was with me for 15 years, and was such a sweet little boy. He was very vocal, and even with all the others here, my house is so quiet without him.

Rest peacefully my sweet NuNu.

~ Forgive Me If I Weep ~

Forgive me if I weep-he was so sweet,
That little cat who scampered through the house,
Or curled asleep upon the window ledge,
Though still alert to stir of leaf or mouse.

But now he's gone, whose soft paw often touched
My cheek at the first glint of day;
Or with arched back, skipped through the room,
Enticing me to enter in his play.

Oh God of little cats-my earnest plea
Is that while things are strange to him You may
Scratch his ears sometimes, let him chase
Celestial mice along the Milky Way,

Just for a little while until he finds
Some chosen spot upon the Outer Gate.
When he is weary of his running, where he may
Curl in the sunshine, there to sleep-and wait.
Author Unknown
--
4 cams, 5 cats, 7 days a week.=^..^=
My Photo Gallery

hally
Premium
join:2000-02-21
Long Beach, NY
Hugs, he was a beautiful boy.

KittyMom
Premium
join:2005-05-15
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:9
reply to tiggerstales
So very sorry to hear about Noah

Chuck22
Premium
join:2003-11-10
Salt Lake City, UT
kudos:5
reply to tiggerstales
My heartfelt condolences; cling to the sweet memories.
--
amicitia sine fraude

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
reply to tiggerstales
RIP Noah!

HFB1217
The Wizard
Premium,ExMod 2000-01
join:2000-06-26
Camelot
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to tiggerstales
Sorry for your dear friend having to leaving you but he was loved and gave you his love forever and will remain in your memory and heart forever.

He looks beautiful and loved.

Every time I come here it reminds me of my Missy and brings a tear and pang of memory for the 18 years of love we shared so I speak from the heart when I say they remain with us forever.
--
*****aka The WIZARD *****A Founding member of Seti BBR Team Starfire***

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
reply to tiggerstales
What a lovely cat, and for you to have spent so many years together is fabulous.

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
join:2001-02-26
David R.I.P.
kudos:21
reply to Pretorious
Sorry about your Kitty Tiger

Frank_IT
Premium
join:2003-11-01
Montreal

1 recommendation

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
FUJIFILM FinePix S9100
32mm 1/60th F4 ISO400

Click for full size
FUJIFILM FinePix S9100
29mm 1/60th F3.9 ISO400

Click for full size
FUJIFILM FinePix S9100
29mm 1/60th F3.9 ISO400

Our cat, Soogay.

Passed away on august 2012. He had about 12 years. We was surprised as all his brother/sister/mom had not passed 5-6 years.

the 2 last year of his life he was in a family, because my wife and daughter developped allergies, but we were getting news regularly.. He was "forced" to pass away as he developped cataract, so he was not seeing anymore.

But, he's in a better world.

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
Redford, MI
Sweet rest fine cat! Sorry for your loss.
Cats are great companions - even aloof ones.

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
David R.I.P.
reply to Pretorious
Very Very Sorry for Your Loss! G

shimonmor
Premium
join:2000-12-30
Sedro Woolley, WA
reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
NIKON D300
55mm 1/100th F5.6 ISO400

Click for full size
NIKON D300
105mm 1/100th F5.6 ISO400

Click for full size
NIKON D700
28mm 1/500th F2 ISO200

We've had many chickens over the years and have lost a few to hawks, old age and disease. But I've never really considered any of them as "pets"...except for Clara. She is one of the few birds who actually earned herself a name due to her quirky personality and charm.

I had to put her down today because she had been fighting some sort of infection for a couple of weeks and regardless of treatments...she was going downhill quickly. She was a Golden Sex-Link hen and a great layer (until recently). Unlike most of the other chickens, she exhibited a lot of character. She enjoyed being held and would always seek out human companionship. She would sneak into the house if the door was left ajar. Clara also had an adventurous streak as we would find her walking down the street looking for excitement. She loved scratch grains (who doesn't?) and would lay her eggs on the tractor seat.

Anyway, I can't say she was as endearing as a dog or cat but as far as chickens go, she was pretty darn likable. We'll miss your antics. Enjoy the big coop in the sky.

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
Redford, MI

2 recommendations

Re: [FYI] Our Pet Memorial Thread

Thanks for sharing. RIP Clara. She must have been some hen.
Creatures of innocence that become constants in our lives are easily missed.

chandom

join:2001-05-23
Tallahassee, FL

1 edit
reply to Pretorious

Re: [FYI] Our Pet Memorial Thread

Click for full size
Just a few months old.
Click for full size
SAMSUNG Digimax A7/Kenox D7
8.1mm 1/30th F2.7 ISO200

December of 2005
Click for full size
Canon EOS 40D
70mm 1/125th F8 ISO100

September of 2008
Click for full size
Canon EOS 40D
82mm 1/125th F8 ISO125

June of 2013
I have been dreading the day I would be posting in this thread.
However, the time has come...

After 17 and a half years I had to say goodbye to my little fuzzball.

quote:
Your food bowl is empty and water bowl is dry.
Now all I have to do is finish saying goodbye.

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
Redford, MI
Rest in peace fluffy one.
M ay there be sweet memories!

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
David R.I.P.
reply to Pretorious
chandom, so sorry for lose!!
G

shimonmor
Premium
Sedro Woolley, WA
reply to Pretorious
We had Wally put down this morning. He had lymphatic cancer which was diagnosed about three months ago. He wouldn't eat this morning and was very sluggish so we allowed him a graceful exit before the suffering kicked in.

We adopted him from the Whatcom Humane Society in September of 2010 after they found him sleeping in the middle of a road. No owners could be found, so we took him home as we had just put down one of our dogs recently (Bruno...see earlier post).

Wally was a Lab / Basset mix and looked like a Black Labrador with cut-off legs. His funny looking appearance brought smiles to the faces of all those who saw him. But he was more than just a funny looking dog.

He loved laying in your lap even though he was 75lbs and much too large. He loved sleeping. Most dogs wake up early for breakfast and are ready to tackle the day's adventures. Wally usually rolled out of bed around 10 AM. At first we thought he may be suffering from some medical ailment; but we soon realized that he was just a lazy dog. But in his few waking hours, he enjoyed spending time online (going to the fence to bark along with the neighbor's dog), hoarding dirty socks, and zooming (running around the living-room at amazing speeds...but for only about 30 seconds and then it was back to sleep).

Our time with Wally was brief but he brought a lot of joy and love into our lives. He is survived by Sadie, our now-lonely Golden Retriever, and Boo Kitty, who, so far, seems indifferent. Happy Hunting, Wally!

NIKON D700
105mm 1/25th F4 ISO3200

NIKON D700
85mm 1/80th F2 ISO400

NIKON D700
85mm 1/200th F9 ISO200

NIKON D300
200mm 1/320th F2.8 ISO400

NIKON D300
35mm 1/1250th -0.3ev F2.8 ISO200

NIKON D300
35mm 1/30th F2.2 ISO200

NIKON D300
50mm 1/60th -0.3ev F1.4 ISO400

KittyMom
Premium
Pittsburgh, PA

1 recommendation

reply to Pretorious
So very sorry for your loss.

shimonmor
Premium
Sedro Woolley, WA
said by KittyMom:

So very sorry for your loss.

Thank you.

Mentat
Premium
join:2001-02-25
Sugar Land, TX

2 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
My boy, Sagan, lost his battle with lupus January 11.
He was 13 going on 2 and I miss him terribly every day.

I've kept up with this thread since things started going downhill for him in 2011 and although this isn't the first friend I've lost, it hurts the worst (as I haven't been able to bring myself to memorialize him until now.)

Here he is in his prime, which is how I'll always remember him.

--
¯\_()_/¯ () mmoQQ.com () °°

KittyMom
Premium
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
He was a very handsome boy. So very sorry for your loss.
--
»www.flickr.com/photos/37153430@N03/

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
USA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy
reply to Pretorious
Whilst I hate coming to this thread for obvious reasons, being the animal lover that I am, I have to check in to see who crossed that Rainbow bridge. I feel for anyone who looses a part of the family, and nobody who says, oh, it was just a dog/cat, are so wrong.

hayc59
Im Your Huckleberry
Premium
David R.I.P.

1 recommendation

reply to Pretorious
Jay, you have a wonderful soul full of love, thank you
for being U
Gordon

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
USA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy
Thank you so much. My kitty, Tabasco, is sitting on my lap as I type. We have an appointment to have to put him down 7/23 if he can hold out that long. He has nasal cancer, and we know that it's been coming due his lack of being able to breath. He's fine otherwise, still plying and eating, etc. I know the feeling all too well.

chandom

join:2001-05-23
Tallahassee, FL
Sorry to hear.

Mammary cancer was the key factory with my fuzzy girl. She had surgery about 2 years ago to have a tumor removed. In September I noticed a new lump. Vet for the most part said it wouldn't be in the best interest to not remove the new one. He was surprised she went that long with out a new tumor.

On Thursday or Friday of that week (6/10) I had noticed the lack of "content" in the litter box. Realized she wasn't eating. Took her in over that weekend, vet said if she she didn't eat it would be best to say goodbye. That Sunday she was having such difficultly moving around we knew it was time. I'm just glad that she was a part of my life for almost 18 years.

Best thing is giving them TLC and being glad you are able to say goodbye and not have it be sudden.

Jodokast96
Stupid people really piss me off.
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to Pretorious
This is Bob, my neighbor and best friends dog. It's been several weeks since I had the sad duty to put him to sleep while they were on vacation. Bob was without a doubt the best dog I have ever met. He was as much a part of my family as our own two dogs. My youngest daughter was adamant that she be with him until the very end, so that he did not have to pass alone. It's never an easy decision to make when it's your own pet. Well, it's not an easier when it isn't your pet either.

Good boy, Bob. R.I.P.

PENTAX K10D
50mm 1/2000th F5.6 ISO500

PENTAX K10D
50mm 1/180th F5 ISO100

PENTAX K10D
43mm 1/10th F5 ISO200

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
USA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy

2 recommendations

reply to Pretorious
Click for full size
It's never easy saying good bye to any pet (friend/family member), whether it's expected or not. To do so with your own is most difficult and to do so for a friend's dog is the reason that friend knew that he was safe with you. You didn't let him down, or his dog.

We finally did put Tabasco down at his appointed time, and everywhere I look and often hear sounds that remind me of him, I remember how lucky we were to have had him for as long as we did, and I am very sad, still. We were fortunate to get him when our 16 year old, Bear, died while we were on vacation 8 years ago. He was 4 by then and had not had an easy life, but when our neighbors, his owners died, he came to us. When he left us 8 years later, he was a far different cat and very loving as well as vocal.

We were not planning on having another new family member, but even in the short time Tabasco has been gone, we've learned that we need another cat, and we will find that cat when we return from a vacation. Whomever we find will be loved completely, never compared to any other member we've had delight our home, and will need us just as much. Sometimes, just waking and going to sleep, one needs to know there's a furry one waiting for you. In our house, that's the way it is. Now, it's way too quiet with the silence banging off the walls way too loudly.

My mate and I, though older we may be, and not in the best of shape, are certainly able to give love and a life to a needy little love. Till then, RIP Tabasco. Thank you for your love and how greatly you changed our lives when you came into them.
--
JKK

Age is a very high price to pay for my maturity. If I can't stay young, I can at least stay immature!

»www.pbase.com/jaykaykay

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to Pretorious

My Trusty Loyal German Shepherd

Click for full size
Panasonic DMC-FZ10
6mm 1/80th F2.8 ISO50

Click for full size
Click for full size
MINOLTA DiMAGE X
5.7mm 1/30th F2.8 ISO200

Click for full size
SAMSUNG GT-P1000T
2.7mm 1/8th F2.6 ISO400

Click for full size
MINOLTA DiMAGE X
6mm 1/31th F2.8 ISO200

Click for full size
MINOLTA DiMAGE X
6mm 1/31th F2.8 ISO200

Click for full size
Panasonic DMC-FZ10
20mm 1/60th F2.8 ISO150

She was going to be 14 in November. We got her at 11 months from a shelter in Camden, NJ and she was totally wild, untrained and had broken teeth from biting on her chain.

My son was 6 and thought he was ready for a dog so I asked around and found Lucky. She weighed 25 pounds and was just skin and bones. The moment she walked into our home she attacked the cat, ate the cat food and then ate the cat turds in the kitty litter.

Needless to say, we properly fed her, trained her, loved her and she turned out to be a great friend. We went everywhere together: the Jersey Shore, the Mountains of Pennsylvania, work with me every day and followed my son and his buddies at home. She learned all the standard commands and happily kept squirrels, groundhogs and mice out of our yard.

Last October her hips started acting up and I was so worried that she would have to be put down. But the Vet prescribed Prednisone with Glucosamine and Chondroitin and she tolerated them well. This week she suddenly stopped eating and became tired looking. The Vet gave her an IV and some antibiotics and said to feed her tiny amounts throughout the day. She didn't respond well and passed in her sleep yesterday. She will be missed by my friends and family who got to know her well.

We are left with an 11 year old Corgi mix and an 8 year old Shepherd mix, both good dogs.