Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

drussel2

join:2002-11-05
Hayward, CA
reply to cypherstream

Re: [TWC] Time Warner Navigator

Apart from "me too" synndrome, a friend of mine told me they had their TV hooked up by a "home theatre guy", and they (somehow) installed a different on screen guide/navigator rather than the one TWC offers.

Is that possible? With Navigator/Mystro now, everytime I press "guide" on the remote, I get an annoying "Please wait... data loading..." message. With the old system, that only happened if I scrolled forward to see what was on TV two weeks from now.

The Caller Id on TV is cute... does it work for Call Waiting Caller ID too? (I haven't had an opportunity to try that).

But, I'd rather have, or in addition to, a TCP/IP message sent to my computer... then I could screen calls by my own software. (I do that now with an old analog modem that would otherwise serve as a door-stop, or paper-weight.

The FSK signal sent for "Voice Message waiting" would also be nice to get via TCP/IP to my computer...

My computer would see the message as originating from 192.168.100.1 (which I would know is my cable modem)
--
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.