join:2000-12-01
Stone Mountain, GA
(Software) pfSense
ARRIS SB6121

shdesigns to xpkranger

Premium Member

to xpkranger

Re: Atlanta Skyline Pics

I checked out your other picts on flicker.

What impressed me most is you knew what most of the buildings were I used to know many, but with all the name changes and new buildings I'm clueless.

The reflections on the King an Spaulding Building are interesting. I would have tried a polarizer to see if it could be changed.

Notice the haze between Atl and Stone Mountain. I live near the mtn and it is always downwind from Atl. My allergies suffer from it

Interesting all the decoration on top of the Atlantic building. Something few will ever see but they still put it in. That kind a charactr is something those new glass "vertical ice-cube tray" builds lack.

xpkranger
Premium Member
join:2000-10-27
Tucker, GA

xpkranger

Premium Member

Click for full size
Thanks for the kind words. The haze was actually a lot worse than it looks. I did some post-processing and was able to clean it up a fair amount. I shot in RAW and saved in .jpg later. I've got a fairly sizable "wish-list" of accessories for the camera and a polarizing filter is on the list.

I work across the street from OAC in Atlantic Center Plaza. It's a nice building, but not quite the same build quality as OAC.

I've attached an un-processed copy of the original here.

shdesigns
Powered By Infinite Improbabilty Drive
Premium Member
join:2000-12-01
Stone Mountain, GA
(Software) pfSense
ARRIS SB6121

shdesigns

Premium Member

Polarizing filters are interesting. Skies become vivid. I did some abstract photos of of building reflections with very interesting results. You could not tell what the picture was

That image is 10 mpixel! What camera do you have?

I have a Minolta Dimage 7 (the original version.) Does well for my use. Was one of the best "prosumer" ones in its day. Too bad Minolta got out of the biz though. Need to do some more photography.

xpkranger
Premium Member
join:2000-10-27
Tucker, GA

xpkranger

Premium Member

I saved my pennies (literally) and got a Pentax K10D. Looks like this, only I dont have the attached battery (yet...) Also got a Sigma 70-300mm lens to supplement the kit lens.

shdesigns