how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SpeedWagon4

join:2001-11-24
Toms River, NJ

FIOS in Toms River, NJ

Any word on when Toms River, NJ is getting FIOS. I see it is listed on the Verizon website as a town that has it, but not in my area I suppose. I was part of the Verizon TV test in 1993, and was very upset when they cancelled it. Any news would be appreciated.

sunsetter26

join:2007-07-17
Manasquan, NJ

Parts of toms river are being wired now but are not up and running. I see trucks with spools of fiber going down Fischer Blvd all the time. I was told by an engineer they started in Island Heights and are moving north.

SpeedWagon4

Toms River, NJ
reply to SpeedWagon4

I guess it is just a matter of time. I think I saw the trucks too. I am by Hooper and RT 37.

Thank you for the info.

gsx302

join:2008-04-06
reply to SpeedWagon4

i got fios on the 15th of april! it is awesome! i am off of bay near fisher.

fios joe

join:2007-10-14
Toms River, NJ
reply to SpeedWagon4

Hey speedwagon4, i'm a fios tech out of the lakewood garage and have done a few fios installs in toms river on neville/dove/audubon and some other streets off bay avenue have fios. I live near fischer blvd & yellowbank. If i can help out, let me know.

Nick G

@comcast.net

I live down in Beachwood and I am desperately waiting for FIOS to come into the neighborhood. Comcast HD quality is just horrible. I have seen it on 5 different HDTVs in the area and it is unwatchable on nearly every channel.

Please, Fios Joe, get those trucks down here. I got about 10 people ready to switch ASAP.

fios joe

Toms River, NJ

Hey Nick G, its funny you say that. I hear people daily just waiting to dump comcast, cblvsn, etc.. I'll see if i can get you any info.

PirateJim
Premium
join:2007-07-11
Toms River, NJ

fiosjoe, any word on when Bay Ave. itself will have FiOS ?
It figures that I just switched to Comcast (from DirecTV) back in January ...
If I knew FiOS was so close, I would've stuck with DirecTV and waited ...

MrSpock29

join:2008-02-09
Hammonton, NJ

said by PirateJim:

fiosjoe, any word on when Bay Ave. itself will have FiOS ?
It figures that I just switched to Comcast (from DirecTV) back in January ...
If I knew FiOS was so close, I would've stuck with DirecTV and waited ...
This is the very case I have made to many at Verizon over the secrecy of things. I understand that future deployment areas can change, but something already in the works should be known, and conveyed to consumers. I have always said that I believed that Comcast knows, so it should not be that big a secret, but by not letting the public know, there would be many who would switch/lock in for up to 2 years because of lack of information, which could ultimately hurt their uptake.
At least recently they are on the record for saying that Middle Twsp in CMC and Mays Landing in Atl. county will be next year, but other than those 2, nothing is known. So others in those 2 counties have to hope and pray.

fios joe

Toms River, NJ
reply to PirateJim

PirateJim, not sure about when bay avenue will be ready, but i was told "snug harbor" has been wired. I live about 2min from there and have yet to confirm this for myself. I will confirm tomorrow since its my day off. Will post back.

fios joe

Toms River, NJ
reply to PirateJim

PirateJim, i took a ride today to find out that snug harbor is wired for fios. Apparently, we are going to use VATS terminals to connect the fios loops into. The tails are just hanging off the poles. Also, i saw one of our line trucks today on fischer blvd stringing fiber heading towards elements gym. I will post back if i see anything on bay ave. Where abouts on bay ave are you located? Towards shelter cove or more towards the mall?

PirateJim
Premium
join:2007-07-11
Toms River, NJ

Thanks, fiosjoe ...
I am in front of the Coolidge Ave. intersection - about 2 blocks or so away from Fischer Blvd ...

NJFIOS

join:2008-04-13
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
reply to fios joe

Hey fios joe, what channel line up is toms river using north or south do you know?

fios joe

Toms River, NJ

NJFIOS, we are using the north channel line up in toms river.

glenntr

@comcast.net

fios joe... I live on adams and Coolidge, and it was wired a few weeks ago (Coolidge). They were working on one pole (doing something with a box on it) for like 2 weeks, same area, with the tent. So, my question is what is the estimated time I need to wait until I can sign up for FIOS from this point?

The second I can order FIOS the sooner I can ditch Comcast.
Thanks

Glenn

p.s. everyone I also saw a few weeks ago verzion, for a few days, working near the church on bay (not sure if it was fios or not though, along with them stringing fisher blvd up.

glenntr

@comcast.net

GREAT NEWS

After I posted above, I checked the fios website.

I been doing this every week or so

But I did not receive the future notification notice this time (last check last week)!

FIOS TV+INTERNET is available!

Once again I live off coolidge next to krasuers

jesternj

join:2008-04-27
Toms River, NJ
reply to SpeedWagon4

Hey, thanks for all the discussion.... its seriously the ONLY bit of useful information for FIOS in Toms River anywhere... as everyone knows, the verizon people won't say anything.

I live right off of Bay Ave, past the mall, across from the golf course in the Bay Lea Brook town houses. I have been waiting for FIOS forever, and been googling online for it every so often... this is the first glimmer of hope!

I'm assuming it will be a while before its available to me, if they're starting all the way over by Fischer.... :-(

SpeedWagon4

Toms River, NJ

Look at it this way: At least they are doing something in our area!

jesternj

Toms River, NJ
reply to SpeedWagon4

Well im certainly glad about that! But I'm even happier to hear that we're going to get internet AND TV when it comes through. I was afraid we'd get the internet first, and have to wait a few months for TV. (At least thats what I've heard about a number of places where fios has rolled out)

SpeedWagon4

Toms River, NJ

Personally I would wait for the TV service before I switch.

jesternj

Toms River, NJ
reply to SpeedWagon4

why would you wait? I would imagine ANYTHING is better than comcast. My HD SUCKS!!!!! Signal drops so often, and they JUST buried new lines in my development, and it still sucks.... not to mention internet speeds are HORRIBLE.

so WHY would you wanna wait? lol

SpeedWagon4

Toms River, NJ

What I meant is that I would not switch until Fios TV is ready. I would not just switch for the internet. I am actually using Verizon DSL at the moment.

Tikicop

@comcast.net
reply to SpeedWagon4

I am so hoping FIOS makes it to Green Island. I have been holding off canceling Comcast Cable and Internet until it arrives, but I do suffer constant outages now, especially on the internet side. If just internet arrives, I'll be quite happy. If TV arrives, that will be a bonus!

TigerUSA

join:2008-05-15
Toms River, NJ
reply to SpeedWagon4

Any ideas on Manchester Township availability?

I have a Toms River, NJ mailing address, but I'm technically about 1 mile West from the (former) Dover Township line in Manchester Twp. just off 571. I was sort of hoping we might get lumped in with the Toms River install, but not sure.
That master installation list from 2006 didn't even list Manchester.

Tiger-USA

Martuni

@comcast.net
reply to SpeedWagon4

I live on Northstream Dr (near Bay Ave & Vaughn). I just ordered FIOS today. It's been available for a month or two.

Martuni

@comcast.net
reply to SpeedWagon4

I ordered Internet (20 up/5 down), Phone & TV. $99

jester0000

join:2004-04-11
Toms River, NJ
reply to SpeedWagon4

Any updates as to where FiOS is currently available. It appears to be crawling its way down Bay Ave, which will bode well for me if it continues to do so. I live directly off bay ave just past the mall... so hopefully soon.

Verizon reps over the phone know absolutely nothing. For MONTHS they told me to expect it around springtime. Summer is now almost over, and FiOS is STILL not available.

Granted, I'll wait as long as I have to in order to ditch cable... but I hope i don't have to wait another year for it to finally reach me... because by then I'll probably be moving to Florida anyway. Now THAT would REALLY tick me off... lol (but, it would be my luck).

Anyway, if anybody has any updates as to which neigborhoods its available in, i'd appreciate it!

fios joe

Toms River, NJ

Fios tech in the lakewood garage here. Just had my fios install down 2 weeks ago.. I live on Ruby Drive off yellowbank road.. I do know snug harbor is wired up, as well as behind foodtown on fischer blvd

Ordered Fios 3X
Fios phone-freedom package unlimited calling

Fios internet 20/5 mg svc

Fios TV currently 2 Standard STB's 2500 series
Will be adding Either a cable card or DCT700 series box soon..

$99.99 mo 1 yr contract

jester0000

join:2004-04-11
Toms River, NJ
reply to SpeedWagon4

Thanks for the reply fios joe! Always nice to hear from a real verizon tech... I'd say you would know better than any of us (and definitely better than the customer service reps, lol)

The area you live in has apparently had FiOS for quite some time now, I think that's the generally area they started in, right? So based on your location, I'm not surprised that you have it available.

From viewing recent posts, it looks like its coming down bay ave, I'm trying to see how far down it has gone by this point. I can tell it's past Vaughn finally, but that seems to be the last bit of info I can gather. Is anybody further south with FiOS coverage?

With my luck, they'll hit Hooper Ave and decide to make a right-turn or something... that would be disastrous!

fios joe

Toms River, NJ

Hey jester0000, to answer your question, fios has been hung on bay ave.. not sure as to how far.. I have done fios work in the area of bay ave/cedargrove... also have worked on brookside going down towards 37... hope it gets to you soon.. any questions you or anyone may have, just ask.. I'll be glad to answer them, or try and get info for you..