Search similar:

uniqs

Token
@comcast.net

Token to fios joe

Anon

to fios joe

Re: FIOS in Toms River, NJ

Hi all Fios Joe do you have any idea when FIOS will be up and running on Goosecreek Road (Skyview park side). They dug up my area a many weeks back but have not seen workers since they filled in all the holes. Thanks

DetGreg
@comcast.net

DetGreg to SpeedWagon4

Anon

to SpeedWagon4
Looking for Beachwood NJ info - headed down here yet FiosJoe?????

jess111
@verizon.net

jess111 to SpeedWagon4

Anon

to SpeedWagon4
fios joe, any idea when they plan to get to Silverton in Toms River? I see them working at Hooper & Silver Bay intersection for a week or 2 but I have no idea if it's the fios cables they're working on-whatever it is it's underground.

I'm off Silver Bay, past the school, and we have undergound utilities on our street. But, I think Silver Bay has poles. Will the underground utils delay it? I am sooooo anxious to ditch comcast.
fios joe
join:2007-10-14
Toms River, NJ

fios joe to DetGreg

to DetGreg
Sorry i dont usually work in beachwood. I can inquire when i get back to work tomorrow..
fios joe

fios joe to jess111

to jess111
From what i saw today at that intersection, it will take a little bit of time on when fios gets to you.. Can you give me a street name and i can ask a few people for you. (House number not needed)

khention
@comcast.net

khention to SpeedWagon4

Anon

to SpeedWagon4
fios joe, any word / possibility of fios coming to South Main Street? It's in South Toms River, right near Highschool South

bobbert342
@comcast.net

bobbert342 to SpeedWagon4

Anon

to SpeedWagon4
any idea on 37 when we'll get fios.. i live in the road right past walmart in toms river.

tia

doc mike
@comcast.net

doc mike to SpeedWagon4

Anon

to SpeedWagon4
Does anyone know when it will be in the area near Toims River North (Mapletree and Old Freehod)?
jesternj
join:2008-04-27
Toms River, NJ

jesternj to SpeedWagon4

to SpeedWagon4
Comcast is KILLING me! All this week I've been dealing with periods of intermittent connectivity, and when you work on the net all day, its just crippling when it goes out!

Come on FiOS! Come to the toms river north area!
TurtleFan
join:2003-05-03
Wyckoff, NJ

TurtleFan to SpeedWagon4

to SpeedWagon4
Hey FIOS Joe,

Wow, don't know how I missed this topic. I'm currently down the shore on Vacation for the week, and located in Ortley. We currently have cablevision, and would love to ditch their Stuttering, pixelated DVR service for FIOS. We where one of the first in Wyckoff to get it and love it, once all the problems where ironed out .

Any chance in heck that it'll make it's way down to Ortley Beach/Seaside area?

ScottK
@comcast.net

ScottK to SpeedWagon4

Anon

to SpeedWagon4
Hey FiosJoe

Any idea when they will hit Shady Nook section. I saw a few verizon trucks in the area, but not sure if they are working on fios down here yet.

Can't wait to ditch comcast too here.
JLondon
join:2008-09-21
Freehold, NJ

JLondon to SpeedWagon4

to SpeedWagon4
Not to go off topic, any news about when I'll see FIOS in Millstone/Clarksburg, NJ...close to Toms River, but not quite.
fios joe
Toms River, NJ

fios joe

I've done fios installs in a few parts of millstone, but nothing in clarksburg area... Have you called in and/or checked the website?
fios joe

fios joe to ScottK

to ScottK
I do not have a time of when you will see fios, but if your seeing activity with out trucks more than likely the fiber is being placed... Have you seen any big VZ trucks with orange conduit on the back?
fios joe

fios joe to TurtleFan

to TurtleFan
Hey turtlefan, i'm sure fios will make its way into the beach areas... Especially with all the corrosion that happens there... I do plenty of installs in T.R. & Brick on the water... I dont have a timeframe for you, but i'm sure you will see it..
fios joe

fios joe to khention

to khention
Hey khention, if fios is available in STR, south main street will be soon to follow once the engineer has everything drawn out.. Keep checking back
JLondon
join:2008-09-21
Freehold, NJ

JLondon to fios joe

to fios joe
Nothing on the web yet, but I have seen the Verizon trucks out and about.
TurtleFan
join:2003-05-03
Wyckoff, NJ

TurtleFan

Definitely good to hear. Last time I asked about it 2 years ago, they said it might be ages before it gets here, and if anywhere, toms river would be first.

We've had numerous problems with our phone service and DSL service from Verizon, and we know it's not a house issue due to it being only 6 years old, so we figured it was corrosion. It usually only happened after a big rain storm or flooding rain...so we switched to Cable for everything but phone since we hardly use it down here anyway.

Can't wait for Fiber to get here .

cobtrnj
@verizon.net

cobtrnj to SpeedWagon4

Anon

to SpeedWagon4
Any idea why fios would not be available on Princess Ct south of Deerhollow. I saw a fios install happening 3 houses away from me? My thoughts are I am out of a different CO.

italianplaya513
@verizon.net

italianplaya513 to SpeedWagon4

Anon

to SpeedWagon4
Fios Joe whats up. I was curious you say bay and vaughn has been wired, but i live on goosecreek and for about 5 months verizon trucks were out and about in the neighborhood where i live tearing up my streets and the grass. All our wires are underground. In about the 3rd week in July they tied in the lines and i asked one of the workers when he expected fios to be available, he said 3 weeks. well its been way longer than 3 weeks and they havent been back since. Do you have any idea when it will be available? Any info would be great thanks.

P.S. I would assume our wires being underground in causing some kind of stall, but I dont know.
fios joe
Toms River, NJ

fios joe

Hey italianplaya513, i'm not really sure why you were told 3 weeks until going live. It takes a few months once installed for testing with the CO etc.. I'm assuming you've already tried the website or atleast called in for availability. I just got my fios installed 2 months ago on ruby drive.. Once hung on my street, it took about 3 months before i could order. Hope this helps and if theirs anything else i can help with let me know.

joe
fios joe

fios joe to cobtrnj

to cobtrnj
Hey cobtrnj, you are not out of a different CO. You and I are working out of the East Dover CO. I would call in to verify.. When you do, give the rep your neighbors address & phone number to compare to. Hope this helps.. If you need anything else let me know.

italianplaya513
@verizon.net

italianplaya513 to fios joe

Anon

to fios joe
hey joe thanks for the quick reply, yes i have checked both the website and have called, not available and people on the phone i think have no idea what they are talking about since before they started digging everytime i call they keep telling me "o yea it looks like you on the path to have it in the next 6 months" they still say it to this day also yea i dont know why i was told 3 weeks but whats funny is the manager at the verizon fios store on rt 37 told me the same thing in late august he said test periods take about 3 weeks and then it should be available, he was leaving though and looked in a rush to leave and when i told him what the tech told me thats what he told me and he took off saying he could stay any longer and he was sorry but i could come back the next day to test the service and what not when they opened. I dont know all I know is it has been over 2 months now going into the 3rd since ive seen the last truck like i said about the 3rd week in july, you dont have any other information besides 3 months? if so that would make it available later this month then i assume?
frankspin
join:2008-10-18
Toms River, NJ

1 edit

frankspin to SpeedWagon4

to SpeedWagon4
oops
frankspin

1 edit

frankspin to fios joe

to fios joe
Fiosjoe quick question

I live in a town house community on the north end of TR (whitesville & 70). We don't have any poles in the community, I believe everything was run underground. What is the possibility of fios being available to us? How would it be brought into the home if there is a termination process once the fios is in the household.

Jess111
@verizon.net

Jess111 to SpeedWagon4

Anon

to SpeedWagon4
Hi, Joe, I had asked you back on page 2 about Silverton and the work that was being done at Hooper and Silver Bay. (I pasted my Q and your reply below. Sorry I didn't get back for some time-I couldn't find this site again, LOL. But I live on Silverwood, and we have underground utils in the street.

"fios joe, any idea when they plan to get to Silverton in Toms River? I see them working at Hooper & Silver Bay intersection for a week or 2 but I have no idea if it's the fios cables they're working on-whatever it is it's underground.

I'm off Silver Bay, past the school, and we have undergound utilities on our street. But, I think Silver Bay has poles. Will the underground utils delay it? I am sooooo anxious to ditch comcast.
to forum · permalink · 2008-08-26 19:01:08 · Reply to this"

"fios joe

Toms River, NJ reply to jess111
From what i saw today at that intersection, it will take a little bit of time on when fios gets to you.. Can you give me a street name and i can ask a few people for you. (House number not needed)"

Squiddster
@comcast.net

Squiddster to SpeedWagon4

Anon

to SpeedWagon4
Yea I would like to know the same thing. I live on Maine Street in Silverton and I walk down Silver Bay Road every night with my dog. Verizon has gone nuts with the paint on the street but I don't see any other action yet. Just graffiti mayham with numbers all over the road. Fios Jim please let us know when! Comunistcast Cable must go.
Squiddster

Squiddster to SpeedWagon4

Anon

to SpeedWagon4
Ooops Fios Joe. Jim is the other guy with the channel lineups. Sorry!

Matt
@winstonfinancial.com

Matt

Anon

Not sure if anyone has a time frame. I am so sick of comcast, i am literally thinking of switching to DirecTv. The only issue is that they require a 2 month lease. If Verizon Fios is here within the next few months, I will wait, but if it won't be for another year, I don't think i can keep allowing comcast to rip me off.

I live in Brick, NJ off of Herbertsville rd on the point pleasant side of rt.70

If anyone knows anything, please let me know. Thanks.
waiting4fios
join:2005-04-08
Howell, NJ

waiting4fios

sounds like your out of the Herbertsville CO which hasn't even been given a roll out date, the CO hasn't even been built out for fios yet, but I couldn't tell you if it could be within the next couple months. Also if your in a buried neighborhood its a safe bet that it won't be available in a year.