MVM
join:2002-08-14
Uath Valley

IntraLink

MVM

What does your work space look like?

Click for full size
My Work Desk
I stopped going to my office about 4 years ago.
Now I sublet the space and work at home.

Here is what my workspace looks like now.
Yeah, I know, I do my entire work in a 6'x6' area.
What makes it even more pathetic is my wife moved in to my 'office' and has her own desk and treadmill behind mine.

what about you guys?

davidg
Good Bye My Friend
MVM
join:2002-06-15

1 recommendation

davidg

MVM

i would post a pic, but i cannot move around enough in there to give the full effect!

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6 to IntraLink

Premium Member

to IntraLink
Click for full size
Something like this...

IntraLink
MVM
Uath Valley

IntraLink

MVM

Nice trees, I presume that's Oregon?

Quite a view.

I live in the Utah desert.
I'm still trying to grow a pine tree out back; it's about 30' now and one of the largest ones for miles...
dwilson805
Premium Member
join:2005-07-22
Hanceville, AL

dwilson805

Premium Member

said by IntraLink:

I live in the Utah desert.
I'm still trying to grow a pine tree out back; it's about 30' now and one of the largest ones for miles...
Going to mount an AP on it?

IntraLink
MVM
Uath Valley

IntraLink

MVM

LOL.

Nope, I've got 3000' mountains for that!
Bigpaddy_Irl
join:2005-12-12
Ireland

Bigpaddy_Irl to dwilson805

to dwilson805
man I would be ashamed to show you my office space. Im currently moving out of my 10 x 10 into my new 30 x 20 this week!!
scobywhru
join:2006-12-29
Fresno, CA

scobywhru to IntraLink

to IntraLink
I would just like to recommend something to you guys, its called Synergy and it is free cross platform Open Source app that lets you share a KB and Mouse over multiple computers, I use it at my desk to control 3 different machines with one KB and 2 Mice, one wired other wireless »synergy2.sourceforge.net/
Keithb6
join:2003-09-16
US

Keithb6

I've used Synergy before, works good. We normally install KVM switches. Out of 6 servers we have 2 KVM's with only 2 mon's, mouse, etc. Sure makes for a space saver.

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6 to IntraLink

Premium Member

to IntraLink
Click for full size
View Out Of The Window
said by IntraLink:

Nice trees, I presume that's Oregon?

Quite a view.
Yep! When I remember to open the blinds, this is what I see.

About time to get some food in the bird feeder...

Stealthwave
join:2005-07-03
Alvin, TX

Stealthwave to IntraLink

to IntraLink
Yeap KV switch for me too.
AquaSport
California - Sun, Surf, Traffic Jams
join:2007-05-03
California

1 edit

AquaSport to John Galt6

to John Galt6
now that is amazing...

i see why you have your "natural" light sitting on your printer....

is that photo from noontime over there?
AquaSport

AquaSport

oh yeah... my workspace is so filled with junk...

that's why I have a laptop! my workspace is everywhere

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

1 recommendation

KrK to IntraLink

Premium Member

to IntraLink

OK, OK so it's not quite that bad, just feels that way sometimes
LLigetfa
join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON

2 edits

LLigetfa to IntraLink

to IntraLink
Click for full size
Better late than never.

Across the top, there is my Fluke INA, WhatsUp Gold, PCM+, and my Fluke WGA.

Below, my HPaq laptop, a central 24" LCD KVM switched, and lastly a very old Dell laptop.

Most of the computers have multi-displays and share one of them with the 24" LCD via an IP KVM.

IntraLink
MVM
Uath Valley

IntraLink

MVM

That's a sweet setup!

Anyone else??
Hahausuck
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

1 edit

Hahausuck to LLigetfa

Premium Member

to LLigetfa
Nice LLigetfa....

Real men run Debian or one of its variants.

I see the nice big logo on the middle monitor.
LLigetfa
Fort Frances, ON

1 edit

LLigetfa

Ja, that is what I use to manage my hotspot. The Dell laptop has the m0n0wall WegGUI page up but I just monitor the ARP table on it. I prefer to do my work on Lenny/Sid.

The FLuke INA is also on the hotspot network but everything else is on the wired business network and Windows based... CorpIT standards and all that.
unwired9
Premium Member
join:2008-04-08
Algoma, WI

unwired9 to LLigetfa

Premium Member

to LLigetfa
How many times do you grab the wrong mouse?
LLigetfa
Fort Frances, ON

LLigetfa

LOL
Sometimes. Since they are on two levels I know which the top two are for as they are each dedicated to a single computer. They are there so that I can do some rudimentary tasks on the upper row of monitors without switching the KVM.

It's the lower mouse that's connected to the KVM going with whatever computer the 24" LCD is connected to that I may miss. There are two mice active on the one computer the KVM is on and sometimes I pick the upper mouse which isn't ideal.
lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON

lutful to IntraLink

Premium Member

to IntraLink
Click for full size
OK, I managed to clear up some mess to take this photo of my humble basement dig where I was forced to move after closing up Radialink offices in March/07.

IntraLink
MVM
Uath Valley

IntraLink

MVM

I like your desk, I want to get something like that in a U shape for my new office when I get it finished in my basement.

Are those shelfs from Ikea?
lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON

lutful

Premium Member

Yes, desk and shelfs are both IKEA. I bought a lot of those IVAR shelving components since they were cheap and easy to reconfigure.
a1_Andy
Premium Member
join:2005-12-29
Oshawa, ON

a1_Andy

Premium Member

Click for full size
Dang Your all so clean, you must have space,

superdog
I Need A Drink
MVM
join:2001-07-13
Lebanon, PA

superdog

MVM

said by a1_Andy:

Dang Your all so clean, you must have space,
Ouch!. Not saying I wouldn't be like you if I were single, but if my wife saw that, she would go get the front end loader and run it right through the room and dump it outside. She would then bring each item back in, one at a time and "organize" things (As she puts it?, translated: I can't find anything afterwords!).

I came home 2 weeks ago to the entire contents of my garage emptied into the driveway. She had been warning me for weeks that if I didn't do it, she would, and she did!.

Her and my daughter even got the deep freezer and the refrigerator into the drive way by throwing a rope around each one and then pulling it out with her Beetle.

All of my radios and extra parts were all arranged neatly in boxes, however they were all mixed together and now it takes me an hour instead of 2 minutes to locate what I need.

The garage also smells of a very nice pine scent, as she scrubbed down everything with Pine-sol. We had a stray cat we took in that was also living in the garage. Needless to say, the wife also said it stank, and the poor cat got a bath too. I am sure that cat feels like a pine cone with 4 legs?. What good it did the cat who ran right back outside is beyond me......?

Next to be attacked was my tool box. I always try to keep my hand tools fairly clean, but over the years, you always get some grease and grime buildup on them, as it is almost impossible to avoid.

The wife decided they were grimy, so she laid them on a pile in the driveway and sprayed them down with oven cleaner. While they did get nice and shiny, the oven cleaner also worked its way into the ratchets and now half of them no longer work correctly (But their clean!).

The oven cleaner also did a nice job on that spot in the driveway, completely removing the coating I applied last fall. It is now "clean" also.

The last and final step was the garage floor itself. She was unhappy about the various grease and oil spots on the floor, so she took a trip to Lowes (My 16yr old daughter in tow of course) and bought some concrete cleaner/degreaser. After much scrubbing, there were just some spots that would not come off. Instead of saying "Oh well, it is a garage after all, and all garages have some spots?", she hops in the Beetle and make another trip to Lowes.

At Lowes, an Associate offers some great advice, and tells her that muratic acid takes ANYTHING off of concrete. He also warns them of the grave consequences if any of it gets on their skin and certain other surfaces, so they spend another $60 on gloves and masks.

When I came home later in the day for the second time, it looked like a a major train hauling nothing but hazardous chemicals had derailed. They were both wearing yellow hazmat suits, yellow rubber gloves and masks with eye protection, but you can bet your sweet a$$ the floor was now white and clean. They looked like this:

If you ever have a mess that needs some extra TLC, just call, as I rent her out for any type of cleaning you need done. We guarantee spot removal from any surface too!.

P.S-Andy, the poinsettia is a nice touch!
Hahausuck
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

Hahausuck to IntraLink

Premium Member

to IntraLink
Wow SD...... I guess I should get my act in gear then at home. The little lady told me the same thing... "Clean your shit up or it is going into the driveway and I'M CLEANING."

I said don't do that or I won't find anything.

She didn't care. I guess I know what I'll be doing this week to avoid your predicament. Although I'd be really pissed if my tools were touched (if my toolbox was at home and not at the weekend job) as there are quite a few Snap-On and Matco ratchets and related items..... Those are not cheap to replace!
mogooder
join:2002-11-26
Washougal, WA

mogooder

Ben and Tim;
Life is better at my house, wife moved back to Augusta 5 years ago and life has never been sweeter. Of course, nobody has cleaned the house sense.

Frank

superdog
I Need A Drink
MVM
join:2001-07-13
Lebanon, PA

superdog

MVM

said by mogooder:

Ben and Tim;
Life is better at my house, wife moved back to Augusta 5 years ago and life has never been sweeter. Of course, nobody has cleaned the house sense.

Frank
YUK!
gsgitu2
join:2005-09-01
Defiance, OH

gsgitu2 to IntraLink

to IntraLink
Click for full size
Click for full size
i would have posted a pic, but i did not want to get everyone jealous. i have a nice wide open half cube in the back of a telco(one of our owners) and a room in a 100x60 pole barn to store equipment. i only have one monitor and ms and kb. i could put another one in here but i would not know what to do with it. i run Kubuntu on my desktop and the compiz kind of gives it a multi screen feel. and i dual boot XP and Mandriva on my dell laptop. and i do have some parts and cables clutter off to one side, just so i feel like i have some work laying around.
gsgitu2

gsgitu2 to IntraLink

to IntraLink
actually i am kind of jealous of all you working out of home. of course if i worked out of home i would have a five yr old daughter attached to me, no work getting done.