spc
uniqs

SurreyDSL
@telus.net

SurreyDSL

Anon

1.5 to 3.0

Hi Everyone,

I was just on the Telus website and noticed that they aren't advertising the 1.5 package any more. All they have is lite, enhanced, and extreme. Does this mean that I can qualify for a free upgrade from 1.5 to 3.0? Considering I pay the same price.......
river_ratbc
join:2007-09-21

river_ratbc

they still have it....just not advertised.
Harold Lloyd
join:2008-01-22
Vancouver, BC

Harold Lloyd to SurreyDSL

to SurreyDSL
Yes, just phone them up or click the order button and you will get the enhanced package for the same price.
You also get a new modem. But remember the $35.95 price is for a 1 or 2 or 3 yr contract. Otherwise, add $5 to that price.

I switched from 1.5 to 3.0 and pretty happy with the service.

Skyzo
@telus.net

Skyzo to SurreyDSL

Anon

to SurreyDSL
I'm currently in a 3yrs contract with 1.5. Do you know if there will be any additional fee if I switch to 3.0?

JammerMan79
Premium Member
join:2004-05-13
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79

Premium Member

it all depends on what price you're currently paying.. if it's less than what the 3.0 plan costs now.. then of course you'll pay a higher price.

Skyzo
@telus.net

Skyzo to SurreyDSL

Anon

to SurreyDSL
I'm paying $34.95 with about 10months left in the contract. I guess they'll just charge me an additional $1 if I decide to switch. Also, I think there'll probably be some sorts of service fee apply to this.

Thanks JM79.

JammerMan79
Premium Member
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79

Premium Member

n/p
no extra fee will apply to upgrade, you'll just pay the new price
you should definitely call in and get 3.0
kalam
join:2007-06-24
Vernon, BC

kalam to SurreyDSL

to SurreyDSL
I've had 1.5 (no contract) for several years and I called Telus Thursday and they said no problem, they'd move me to 3.0 and send me a new modem/wireless router for the same monthly cost. The guy said that while I'm waiting for the new hardware I would have 3.0 on my existing (300g) modem, by Friday. But I didn't so I called Telus Friday night and this guy said I was scheduled for Friday so I'd have it by midnight. But it's Saturday morning and I still don't have it. Telus manage services lists 'high speed HS 3.0 II' and 'QuickConnect HS 3.0' against my Velocity® high speed service. I've rebooted, unplugged, unplugged, rebooted...

Should I be patient or keep bugging Telus?

JammerMan79
Premium Member
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79

Premium Member

keep bugging telus.. something else is wrong
kalam
join:2007-06-24
Vernon, BC

kalam

Thanks JammerMan, they were able to fix it.

JammerMan79
Premium Member
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79

Premium Member

n/p, not that I really did anything this time
brian782
join:2007-08-26
Canada

brian782 to SurreyDSL

to SurreyDSL
you know what, I just noticed that too...i was going to call some time down the road, but seeing this forum, i just gave them a call. they said the sales office is closed on weekends, so they'll send an email through to get it adjusted and if you don't see any changes monday afternoon, just give them a shout. it was easy enough...

i'm paying 36.95 a month for 1.5 service!
Harold Lloyd
join:2008-01-22
Vancouver, BC

Harold Lloyd to SurreyDSL

to SurreyDSL
Most people don't know they can get 3.0 service for the price of 1.5. I just stumble across it web surfing.
I talk to other people and they never heard of it.
Telus sure did not go out of the way telling current customers. They are too busy attracting new customers.

JammerMan79
Premium Member
Prince George, BC

JammerMan79

Premium Member

fyi... we've had the discussion about whether or not Telus tells current customers about the plans before. Telus DOES PROACTIVELY call customers to advise them of new plans. most people think it's a telemarketing call and ignore it or they hang up on the representative.
Expand your moderator at work