spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cash cow

@adsl.cybercity.dk

Sending money thru Western Union

I need to send some money through WU and am wondering what type of info I need to present when sending about $250 US dollars. Do I need to provide some kind of ID to do this? Or can I basically send the money anonymously? Thanks.

sailor
Premium
join:2003-10-21
Long Island
kudos:6

You can send money online

»www.westernunion.com/info/select···y=global

as long as its not being sent to:

OBL
Cave 3
Unit B-Rear
Afghanistan/Pakistan Border

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium
join:2000-05-14
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Suddenlink

said by sailor:

You can send money online

»www.westernunion.com/info/select···y=global

as long as its not being sent to:

OBL
Cave 3
Unit B-Rear
Afghanistan/Pakistan Border
Or Nigeria.

HEDP

join:2008-04-27
Miami, FL
reply to cash cow

ACH transfer, stay the F away from Western Union.

removed
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX
kudos:40
reply to cash cow

Which country are you sending money to? Where from? I recently sent $700 overseas and had no problem doing it at a Western Union location -- the receiving party had no problem picking it up, either.
--
irc.removed.us - #dslr | DSLR Phishtracker | Email: removed@dslr.net

sapo
Cruising Down Memory Lane
Premium
join:2002-09-16
Sacramento, CA
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to cash cow

I'm guessing people overlooked the fact that the question is if paying at a WU location will leave him anonymous.
--
On the internet you can be whoever you want to be. Even a girl.

Chinabound
Premium
join:2002-12-21
Antioch, IL
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to cash cow

I send money to China all the time, but I use MoneyGram. They will not require you to show identification unless you are sending over $500.
However, you will have to fill out a form of course, so your recipient will have to have a name (spelled perfectly correct) along with a reference number you will be assigned.
No silly test questions for your recipient, and only $10 for you to send that amount.

»www.moneygram.com/eFindUs/app/?w···ce=:0:2:

cash cow

@ntnu.edu.tw
reply to cash cow

Thanks for the replies. I don't mind people seeing me at a WU location. I'm not that private or paranoid. I just want my general privacy. I realize you can never be totally anonymous in our current day and age and don't really care if I get recorded on store cameras or in the parking lot or whatever. I only wanted to know if I needed to provide ID in order to send some money or not at WU. A simple harmless question.

danny9
Go Ahead, Make My Day
Premium
join:2002-07-14
Clinton Township, MI
kudos:2

If you're sending 250.00, no id is required, just the info on the form.
The person receiving the money will have to show id.
Sending larger amounts, over a thousand, requires id due to the governments anti money laundering act.
Amounts over 3 thousand require a social security number also.
This info is kept in the store in case of an audit.
Id is also required now for anyone purchasing over a grand in money orders though some small party stores are ignoring this.
--
VoicePulse 07/29/04

waldoooo

join:2001-12-15
Fountain Valley, CA

said by danny9:

If you're sending 250.00, no id is required, just the info on the form.
The person receiving the money will have to show id.
Sending larger amounts, over a thousand, requires id due to the governments anti money laundering act.
Amounts over 3 thousand require a social security number also.
This info is kept in the store in case of an audit.
Id is also required now for anyone purchasing over a grand in money orders though some small party stores are ignoring this.
WU also has a way to send it even if the person on the other end doesn't hsve an ID(found that out years back when I lost my wallet on a trip and needed a buddy to send me some $$$). It has been so long I forget exactly how they did it, I think I needed the transaction # and a password.

danny9
Go Ahead, Make My Day
Premium
join:2002-07-14
Clinton Township, MI
kudos:2

If the person receiving the money has no id, the person sending the money can use a test question with the answer.
When the person picks up the money he in turn would have to know the answer.
eg. Question: What is my favorite site?
Answer: BroadBand Reports.
Also if the person knows the money transfer control number given to the sender it helps speed the process somewhat.
--
VoicePulse 07/29/04